Ain't no hangman gonna
He ain't gonna put a rope around me
You better believe right now
I gotta go now
Hey, Joe
You better run on down
Goodbye, everybody, ow
Hey, hey, Joe

How is it that an Ovens and Murray player, whose coach is a recent ex-Collingwood premiership player, and was dealing directly with our recruiting manager by phone giving daily updates, couldn’t have been kept quiet enough to be added at the end of the draft?

People are staggered by the story of how we ****ed up the paperwork to get Tim English on the sly, I’m frankly amazed we find our way through the auto-doors in to work each morning.

Did the Do Better Report include any recommendations that we not keep anything private or in-house anymore in perpetuity?

Pick 47 should have been a free swing, and the fact that everyone knew Richards was even in-play for our second rounders is an embarrassment.
What's the Tim English story?

The media seem to know exactly who we're picking every year... no doubt other clubs do too and trade up and down accordingly :oops:
To be fair, every club is in the same position - the media pretty much know who each club is in to, particularly the Melbourne based clubs.

Th reason is the player managers. They tell everyone when their client is interviewed, particularly if it's multiple times as it drums up interest in their client and makes them more likely to get drafted (and higher).

Pick 48 is a hail Mary pick.
We got a guy recommended by one of our premiership players.
He has a lot to offer and is ready made.
He is obviously an elite user of the ball and we have lacked in that department for some time.
He knows where the goals are.
He has speed.
Etc. etc. etc.

I can see why some posters don't want him.

Obviously, height and weight at AFL level is the immediate concern. You need to be a Boomer Harvey type these days with those attributes if you are going to make it, or a Caleb Daniel I suppose.

But you don't write anyone off until they've had an opportunity to show what they can do. So, welcome Joe and good luck to you.
Same height as Shane Crawford. Brownlow medallist and Hawks premiership player. If he’s good enough he’ll make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, dig
I'm goin' way down south
Way down to Collingwood Alright
I'm goin' way down south
Way down where I can be free
Ain't no one gonna find me
Ain't no hangman gonna
He ain't gonna put a rope around me
You better believe right now
I gotta go now
Hey, Joe
You better run on down
Goodbye, everybody, ow
Hey, hey, Joe
Since he’s from up near where I grew up in NE VIC I think it’s better to quote from the lyrics of Cotton Eye Joe

Cal brown replacement ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully more composed if he’s going to play half-back. Also prefer able to kick 50m +.

Seems like he's going to be the defender/mid version of McCreery with less strength but much better skills.

He certainly looked to have some pace and breakaway speed, but that dreadful accompanying 'music' brought a halt to my viewing 2 minutes in. Reminded me of hours year's back spent on the phone to DODO, switched between various hapless souls playing pass the parcel with my problem, each desperate for the issue to end up in the hands of anyone but their own. Besides there's only so much running can be watched in one sitting. Then there was the Ben Sinclair flashbacks to further complicate the viewing procedure.
I'm not sure how anyone can compare Sinclair to anyone, he was always injured and his decision making was horrible. Have I missed all the magical talent that he was supposed to have. I reckon he was a spud, even when he did actually get on the ground

I'm not sure how anyone can compare Sinclair to anyone, he was always injured and his decision making was horrible. Have I missed all the magical talent that he was supposed to have. I reckon he was a spud, even when he did actually get on the ground
As soon as you leave, your efforts are either augmented or diminished in the eyes of beholders and those who never had a chance to behold. Sinclair's reputation has certainly grown new legs in this thread. Suddenly, he has become a quantity to be desired, rather than a liability running off that HB line. Ben Kinnear or Jason Wilde never subsequently rose beyond the height of their playing days. They were always considered mediocre, and for good reason. Lest we forget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back