Player Watch Moana Hope moved to Nth Melb. Where to now? Post # 313

Remove this Banner Ad

458309.jpg

The club really posted that message?

They have completely lost the plot. I don't care that they have a woman's team as long as it funds itself but to compare her to greats of our club is just insulting and cheap.

I have never been more disillusioned with this club.
I reckon you'd enjoy the new ghostbusters movie

The club really posted that message?

They have completely lost the plot. I don't care that they have a woman's team as long as it funds itself but to compare her to greats of our club is just insulting and cheap.

I have never been more disillusioned with this club.
Oh come off it. Are you for real? Insulting?

For a start, if you actually look at the post, it was not posted by the club. But even if it was, who cares? They can compare her to Jesus bloody Christ if they like. Insulting? Give me a break.

Interesting name.

Nobody do anything with it OK... we should all just stay away from the moaner jokes! and NObody try to rhyme in Boner anywhere either please ffs.... just leave it!

For equality purposes we've finally got a women's league which is great (and about time).... Yet we're not allowed to make a play on her name because..... she's a woman?

65772381.jpg

From AFL website:

23. Moana HOPE 14-Feb-88 172cm Victoria/St Kilda Sharks

Lively, highly skilled forward who has regularly topped the VWFL goal kicking list in recent years. A member of the Bulldogs in all four exhibition games, she is just as good on the ground as she is in the air, making her a tough player to match.

Plays like: Steve Johnson

When Mo Hope met Dane Swan

I was going from South Yarra to the City today and was in a bit of a hurry, so I took a short cut through the Holden Centre and happened to pass Mo Hope meeting Dane Swan. I loitered around and eavesdropped on their conversation ...

Swanny: "G'Day, I'm Dane Swan"

Mo: "Hello Dane, would you like my autograph?"

Swanny: "Yeah, alright, I'll get a texta"

Mo: "I was thinking more like a tattoo gun?"

Swanny: "um, sure, you been giving away many autographs?"

Mo: "This media stuff over the last few days has been insane!"

Swanny: "Yeah, tell me about it - welcome to Collingwood, wait til you meet the fans"

Mo: "Yeah, they seem pretty wild"

Swanny:"Nah, not allowed to say that, gotta say they're 'Passionate'. That's Perty's rules. Perty likes rules"

Mo: "Passionate, huh? Especially the cheer squad folks?"

Swanny: "Nah, the cheer squad are cool ... It's the ones who hang around the Holden Centre in Hugo Boss suits that you really have to worry about"

Mo: "Gotcha. I got a call from him earlier today to welcome me to Collingwood"

Swanny: "What did he say?"

Mo: "Not much, I think he was more interested in chatting to my mum."

Swanny: "Ah yeah, that's Ed's schtick. Anyway I was told to show you around ..."

Mo: "Oh, another one?

Swanny: "Another one?"

Mo: "Yeah, they originally sent Travis Cloke to look after me"

Swanny: "What happened?"

Mo: "I made him cry"

Swanny: "What did you do?"

Mo: "Oh, not much. He started telling me that Buckley sent him to teach me how to kick goals. I asked him how many goals he'd kicked this year. He told me 13. I told him that maybe he got a bit muddled up about who was supposed to be teaching whom?"

Swanny: "Haha, and that made him cry?"

Mo: "Nah, he just kinda started sulking. I told him he needed to harden the **** up."

Swanny: "And that made him cry?"

Mo: "Nah, I told him to put on the boxing gloves and let's go boogie"

Swanny: "You beat up Trav in the ring?"

Mo: "Nah, he said he doesn't beat up women. I told him not to worry about it, I'll drop him before he gets a hit off"

Swanny: "Well, I don't mind being second choice behind Trav"

Mo: "Third choice"

Swanny: "Who was second choice?"

Mo: "Marley Williams. Lovely gentleman"

Swanny: "What happened to him?"

Mo: "I made him cry, too"

Swanny: "What???"

Mo: "Tackle drill accident involving my knee. I needed to apologise. You fill in the gaps"

Swanny: "Ouch!?"

Mo: "Yeah, look, we don't have to deal with that in women's footy."

Swanny: "So how are you gonna make me cry?"

Mo: "You found that tattoo gun yet?"

Swanny: "You reckon I haven't felt a tattoo gun before?"

Mo: "You reckon I have used a tattoo gun before? I need a first"

Swanny: "Cool, my tattoo parlour is recruiting. What's your normal day job?"

Mo: "Traffic Operations"

Swanny: "Me too. I direct traffic out in the middle of a footy field"

Mo: "How's that going for you?"

Swanny: "Got injured at work, currently out on compo"

Mo: "You coming back next year?"

Swanny: "Dunno"

Mo: "Oh come on Dane! I've dreamed of playing AFL footy since I was thirteen, I'm now 28 and I've finally got that opportunity. Don't take the opportunity you have for granted."

Swanny: "Yeah, we'll see, gotta see if my body is up to it first"

Mo: "Who's that strange bloke who has been loitering around us?"

Swanny: "Oh that's 76woodenspooners , he just drops by from time to time and eavesdrops on our conversations, then logs onto BigFooty and makes stuff up"

Mo: "BigFooty?"

Swanny: "Yeah, it's a website where all the coaches and players go to get honest feedback from the fans. Bucks spends most of his days on it. You should check it out some time..."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked 2 this afternoon

Played deep forward for the first half and delivery was not getting to her.

In the second half she came up to around half-forward to act as a dummy forward, while one of her teammates played out of the square and slammed home 6 goals (five in the second half).

Please stay on topic Good_Old
There clearly has to be a differentiation between the Women's Footy threads and the Men's Footy threads in order to keep track of things.
It has nothing to do with misogyny, or any other feminist issue

Watching the women's sports in Rio, in particular the spectacular effort of the Australians to become the first ever Olympic rugby champions, the resources and infrastructure behind these women's teams shows how overdue this women's AFL competition truly is.

Great to hear that Moana is raining goals for the Sharks, can't wait for the inaugural Women's AFL Leading Goalscorer to be a Collingwood player!

Her name is the Steele Sidebottom of the ladies team.
Her tattoos are the Dane swan of the ladies team.
Perfect fit.

Would love to have played footy, see myself in the mold of a Tony Francis or Stan Magro.:p
What about the other ladies on here? Morganashlee, Vicky Park, Magpie Girl, Snag Breac?
I played school footy in year 11 and 12. Have been tempted to go and play for my local club who have a womens team. Think this might convince me to do it.

edit: I'd be the Travis Cloke. Can mark, can't kick :p

Would love to have played footy, see myself in the mold of a Tony Francis or Stan Magro.:p
What about the other ladies on here? Morganashlee, Vicky Park, Magpie Girl, Snag Breac?

I'm definitely more of a spectator than a player. But my youngest daughter had the makings of a good footballer: fast, skillfull, tough, and had to give it away at about 11 years of age, as there were no options for her to keep playing. Fortunately, there are now options for girls who are good at footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back