Player Watch Moana Hope moved to Nth Melb. Where to now? Post # 313

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to have played footy, see myself in the mold of a Tony Francis or Stan Magro.:p
What about the other ladies on here? Morganashlee, Vicky Park, Magpie Girl, Snag Breac?
Good question maggie.
I think I'd be too slow. I can kick a footy but hate marking it, so not sure I'd get a game!
I fancy myself as a Steele Sidebottom type though:)
But Id probably be better in a cricket team:D

COLLINGWOOD marquee women’s league signing Moana Hope admitted to an attack of nerves after falling agonisingly short in her bid to bring up the 100-goal milestone for the season on Sunday.

Aiming to become the first woman to kick 100 goals in the Victorian women’s football league, Hope finished with 10 goals for the St Kilda Sharks to take her season tally to 99 heading into the final round of the home-and-away season next week.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...t/news-story/d4f10c2de0a8e2c9dca28c93f03a1440

*Mods - feel free to use this info and create another thread (with sticky) if you like*

Collingwood marquee forward Moana Hope is one goal away from 100 for the season.

The final home and away match (before finals) for her St Kilda Sharks is SUNDAY, 21st August from 12pm, against Seaford Tigerettes at RF Miles Reserve Seaford.

The ground is located on Seaford Road (just behind the Woolworths) and is about a 10 minute walk from Seaford train station.

Parking usually fills up quickly at the ground, so consider nearby streets. Seaford normally pulls a big crowd, but their reserves are playing in a lower division grand final that day - so parking might be easier.

Entry is FREE, so bring the kids along for this special occasion. For those that don't know, Moana wears number 23 for the Sharks.

For those that can't make it, but want to follow history as it happen, [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.] Radio will be covering the game live from 11.30am.

Seaford.jpg

*Start time was 2pm, but VFL sent an email to media advising start time moved to 12pm.

Last edited:

I really hope so. If they want to embed the women's competition within footy culture it's exactly the sort of thing they should be doing.

Having brothers and sisters playing the same club as their dad (and eventually mum) would be a fine thing.

Does anyone think that the AFL will introduce a mother/daughter rule or even better a parent/child rule in the future?

They've said they'll introduce Mother/Daughter and Mother/Son down the track.

They have introduce Father/Daughter, where the current eligibility is that the father must have played just one VFL/AFL game for that club.

FYI lukem , worth promoting on Team Sheets this week? ...

*Mods - feel free to use this info and create another thread (with sticky) if you like*

Collingwood marquee forward Moana Hope is one goal away from 100 for the season.

The final home and away match (before finals) for her St Kilda Sharks is SUNDAY, 21st August from 12pm, against Seaford Tigerettes at RF Miles Reserve Seaford.

The ground is located on Seaford Road (just behind the Woolworths) and is about a 10 minute walk from Seaford train station.

Parking usually fills up quickly at the ground, so consider nearby streets. Seaford normally pulls a big crowd, but their reserves are playing in a lower division grand final that day - so parking might be easier.

Entry is FREE, so bring the kids along for this special occasion. For those that don't know, Moana wears number 23 for the Sharks.

For those that can't make it, but want to follow history as it happen, [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.] Radio will be covering the game live from 11.30am.

View attachment 276943

*Start time was 2pm, but VFL sent an email to media advising start time moved to 12pm.

Moana Hope 2.jpg

Hi everyone, Peter here from [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.] Radio.

This Sunday morning from 11.30am, we're going to be at RF Miles Reserve in Seaford, as Collingwood women's marquee player, Moana Hope (St Kilda Sharks) aims to kick her 100th goal for the VFL season (she's currently on 99).

Moana has been in contact with us during the week and has agreed to do a post-game chat with us on-air, as well as answering your questions.

With the game (and commentary) running between 12pm and 2.10pm, we expect to interview Moana sometime around 2.20/2.30pm.

So, if you'd like to learn a bit more about the person who will be full-forward for the Collingwood women's team next year, please post your question below before Sunday morning, and we'll ask Mo live on-air.

For those that miss the live coverage (on [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.]), we'll try and post a link to the interview here sometime on Sunday evening.

Last edited:
View attachment 278057

Hi everyone, Peter here from [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.] Radio.

This Sunday morning from 11.30am, we're going to be at RF Miles Reserve in Seaford, as Collingwood women's marquee player, Moana Hope (St Kilda Sharks) aims to kick her 100th goal for the VFL season (she's currently on 99).

Moana has been in contact with us during the week and has agreed to do a post-game chat with us on-air, as well as answering your questions.

With the game (and commentary) running between 12pm and 2.10pm, we expect to interview Moana sometime around 2.20/2.30pm.

So, if you'd like to learn a bit more about the person who will be full-forward for the Collingwood women's team next year, please post your question below before Sunday morning, and we'll ask Mo live on-air.

For those that miss the live coverage (on [NB: girlsplayfooty domain has been taken over by spammer.]), we'll try and post a link to the interview here sometime on Sunday evening.
Thank you for all the info you post on here, much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- What do you think will change for you, your life, in having the chance to be paid to play in this new league?

- What has it been like joining the Collingwood family?

- Who have been your footballing heros?

Hi, thanks for the opportunity... Some questions from me:

When I was growing up I wanted to be a Collingwood Runner since there were no female role models actually playing the game - as a child what did you dream of being when you grew up?

What are your footy goals in the inaugural season and longer term?

Have you had any induction to Collingwood FC? What does wearing the mighty B&W stripes mean to you?

What advice do you have for junior girls/parents of girls playing the game today?

Thanks!

Congratulations Moana on your signing with the Pies and your 100+ goal season to date. My question is:
What words of advice can you offer aspiring girls 14-18 who are just starting out their AFL journies after arriving from Afghanisatn and Iraq?

Hi, thanks for the opportunity... Some questions from me:

When I was growing up I wanted to be a Collingwood Runner since there were no female role models actually playing the game - as a child what did you dream of being when you grew up?

What are your footy goals in the inaugural season and longer term?

Have you had any induction to Collingwood FC? What does wearing the mighty B&W stripes mean to you?

What advice do you have for junior girls/parents of girls playing the game today?

Thanks!
This might be the dumbest thing I've ever said here, but somehow a tiny part of me is surprised to see you're a woman and not a guy called Colin.

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever said here, but somehow a tiny part of me is surprised to see you're a woman and not a guy called Colin.
It's ok I assumed she was a male too

• How much involvement have you had with Collingwood before/after signing
  • How do you see AFL club involvement developing your game further and also other women
  • What are your footy goals going forward
  • What is your biggest footy achievement/best moment
  • How have you found the level/depth of VFL footy in it's first year
  • Is the gulf between former premier division sides and former division one sides as great as results suggest
  • Do you see AFL women's footy being much of a step up from state league footy
  • Would you rather play for a brownlow/coleman medal etc or play for an award named after a champion female player/administrator etc. Who would you name the awards after

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back