Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey perhaps a ridiculous question - other than Apple watches do any play music to headphones or will I still need to take my phone? Seems to counter the need for the watch if I do?
Trying to get remotivated and I do like beats covering my labouring breathing !!

There are other brands that can store music on them.

I'm okay with carrying phone to run, as I like having Spotify playing and being able to skip a song if it's not working for me at that moment.

There are other brands that can store music on them.

I'm okay with carrying phone to run, as I like having Spotify playing and being able to skip a song if it's not working for me at that moment.

My issue is if I have a problem with run keeper once I leave the house I have no glasses and can't read my phone or watch!! My reading/eyesight has gone down hill rapidly over the last few years getting old sucks!!

So yep having the phone as well won't be an issue to listen to tunes.

I would like a watch with a large face -digits - I will look at the Garmin range! cheers

My issue is if I have a problem with run keeper once I leave the house I have no glasses and can't read my phone or watch!! My reading/eyesight has gone down hill rapidly over the last few years getting old sucks!!

So yep having the phone as well won't be an issue to listen to tunes.

I would like a watch with a large face -digits - I will look at the Garmin range! cheers
Garmin just realised the 645 which has music support (can load 300 songs I think and connects to Bluetooth headphones).
I believe they’re about to release a few more compatible models too.

I've had a number of Garmins and one Fitbit. None of them last - wristbands break regularly, computer interfaces don't function properly, batteries fail, GPS reliability varies enormously + other software glitches. I now just use my phone. Provides most of the functionality and is so much more reliable. Plenty of running/fitness apps to choose from.

question for you fitness dudes

I am slowly reducing my weight, only 100 grams a week but it is something, interestingly it doesn't matter how much excercise I do, that figure doesn't seem to change.

However what I have found interesting is that when I weigh myself (I do it once a week) my weight goes down that 100 grams, however if I go for a jog and then weigh myself, (which I have over the last 3 weeks) the my post jog weight goes down more than my pre-jog weight.

So for instance in week 1, there was a 800 gram difference between my pre and post run weight, but now it is more like 1.2kgs. Is that normal? does anyone else see that kind of change?

question for you fitness dudes

I am slowly reducing my weight, only 100 grams a week but it is something, interestingly it doesn't matter how much excercise I do, that figure doesn't seem to change.

Diet is the trick

However what I have found interesting is that when I weigh myself (I do it once a week) my weight goes down that 100 grams, however if I go for a jog and then weigh myself, (which I have over the last 3 weeks) the my post jog weight goes down more than my pre-jog weight.

Sweating out water = losing weight

So for instance in week 1, there was a 800 gram difference between my pre and post run weight, but now it is more like 1.2kgs. Is that normal? does anyone else see that kind of change?[/QUOTE]

Like... what was the timeframe for losing the extra 400g?

Diet is the trick

Sweating out water = losing weight

So for instance in week 1, there was a 800 gram difference between my pre and post run weight, but now it is more like 1.2kgs. Is that normal? does anyone else see that kind of change?

Like... what was the timeframe for losing the extra 400g?[/QUOTE]3 weeks!

Anyone looking for an entry level fitness tracker Harvey Norman have the Striiv range of fitness trackers on "clearance" Sale online at present, marked down to buggery. Both the Striiv Fusion Lite and Striiv Biolite for $27 and the Striiv Fusion Bio2 for $47. I was looking to replace my Tom Tom Touch which s**t itself recently but ended up getting the Striiv Fusion Bio 2 and a Striiv Biolite as back up at these crazy prices. The Bio 2 was sellingin Australia for north of $150 and the Biolite north of $100 not all that long ago. The Fusion Bio2 for $47 with it's range of features is incredible value IMO when compared to the Fitbits, Garmins and Tom Toms.

Fusion Bio 2
https://www.harveynorman.com.au/striiv-fusion-bio-2-activity-tracker.html

Biolite
https://www.harveynorman.com.au/striiv-biolite-fitness-tracker.html

Fusion Lite
https://www.harveynorman.com.au/striiv-fusion-lite-activity-tracker-with-call-alert.html

Prices in $USD

https://www.striiv.com/pages/striiv-fusion-lite

Like... what was the timeframe for losing the extra 400g?

Weight does fluctuate quite a bit day-to-day

go drink a litre of water, you've gained a kilo

watch for longer term trends and don't be discouraged when you get on the scales and don't see what you wanted

Last edited:
Weight does fluctuate quite a bit day-to-day

go drink a litre of water, you've gained a kilo

watch for longer term trends and don't be discouraged when you get on the scales and don't see what you wanted

So the answer i found was salt.

Apparently my diet is high in salt so i hold more water.

So my actual weight loss might be higher than the scales say its just I'm holding water.

So the 400gms reflect actual weight loss (so instead of 100 grams a week it is probably 150).

Damn salt.

So the answer i found was salt.

Apparently my diet is high in salt so i hold more water.

So my actual weight loss might be higher than the scales say its just I'm holding water.

So the 400gms reflect actual weight loss (so instead of 100 grams a week it is probably 150).

Damn salt.

Hmmm... someone's salty... about salt

Carbs are the enemy

No bread, no beer, read the labels, you'll be surprised how quick it flies off

Carbs are the enemy

I'm trying the sustainable way. If rather take 12 months at 100 grams getting into a comfortable diet than lose 10kgs quickly and fail to keep it off.

Carbs are the enemy

I can’t do the carbs thing - love my red wine too much!

Have moderated my bread intake, beer intake, have no pasta and no rice. Don’t eat much pastries except occasional meat pie at the footy, don’t eat cake or sweet biscuits.

Red wine is my weakness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t do the carbs thing - love my red wine too much!

Have moderated my bread intake, beer intake, have no pasta and no rice. Don’t eat much pastries except occasional meat pie at the footy, don’t eat cake or sweet biscuits.

Red wine is my weakness.
Mine is wine in general.

I tried to move to straight spirits to reduce sugar intake but that had disastrous results.

I thought up something fun to do. I've put a little weight back on, but nothing major, the weight is off so it's about shape now, so I decided to play a little game tonight, who's with me? None of you should be with me, i haven't even said what it is yet.

Ten push-ups for every goal we kick!

Yeah it's dumb but at least it's randomised, so i don't know how many i'll have to do and that makes it interesting.

Otherwise, hope you're all happy and healthy (-ier)

yeah i’m in ..... but deaneus exercise without the right food intake mate will flop :thumbsdown:

80% protein
20% carbs ..... and b4 you workout .. not late at night unless you’re working out colors thing in the morning

Biggest loser budgeted contestants at 1500 calories inc exercise ..... i do 1500 calories per day + exercise based on 270 extra calories per hour of weight work

i have trouble eating enough

I thought up something fun to do. I've put a little weight back on, but nothing major, the weight is off so it's about shape now, so I decided to play a little game tonight, who's with me? None of you should be with me, i haven't even said what it is yet.

Yeah it's dumb but at least it's randomised, so i don't know how many i'll have to do and that makes it interesting.

I'm in. Hope we kick 26......o_O

yeah i’m in ..... but deaneus exercise without the right food intake mate will flop :thumbsdown:

80% protein
20% carbs ..... and b4 you workout .. not late at night unless you’re working out colors thing in the morning

Biggest loser budgeted contestants at 1500 calories inc exercise ..... i do 1500 calories per day + exercise based on 270 extra calories per hour of weight work

I have a carb-load this evening for a run tomorrow, so any pushups per goal will be with a bit of extra weight. :think:

I'm in, but I'll do 10 for every goal Sydney kick... Otherwise I feel like I'm being punished for the crows doing well!

80% protein

Dinner's going to be a couple tins of tuna and some cheese i think...

I'll have a go. I'm pathetically weak though, so I'll be doing my pushups against the wall or on my knees.

Still sitting around the 79kg mark, when for my height I should be not much more than 64kg. I've joined the gym at Flinders Uni in the last few weeks, and have a fitness assessment on Tuesday, so that will hopefully start to get my exercise sorted. Then just to do something about my penchant for over-snacking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back