Player Watch Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eleven games in a row this week

Bad ankles lol

Overpaying an injury cursed player lol

Yeah, he is proving lots of doubters wrong. I recall David King saying that he'll average 2 goals a game, which will give him 22 for the year. Cheeky campaigner.

444908.jpg

The famed RussellEbertHandball 'big arsed warrior' type

444908.jpg

The famed RussellEbertHandball 'big arsed warrior' type

A friend of mine is doing a fitness course, and he was saying that all power - legs, arms, core - comes from your glutes. If you want to get bigger at the gym...activate your glutes first by doing a set of squats before doing anything.

REH is absolutely right about the need for big arses :D

A friend of mine is doing a fitness course, and he was saying that all power - legs, arms, core - comes from your glutes. If you want to get bigger at the gym...activate your glutes first by doing a set of squats before doing anything.

REH is absolutely right about the need for big arses :D
The boys train the Glutes properly. I remember one of the videos of their gym training a year or two ago showed them doing barbell hip thrusts (the money exercise for the Glutes).

Anyone pissing on about "dropped" marks today can GAGF for as long as Charles has three men on him at every contest. The inability of our crumbers to make hay from it today is not his fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone pissing on about "dropped" marks today can GAGF for as long as Charles has three men on him at every contest. The inability of our crumbers to make hay from it today is not his fault.
Dixon is going to benefit massively from Schulz being in. Usually Schulz is double teamed. Oppositions can't double team both of them, let alone triple team Charlie. Well they can technically and I hope they do. The likes of Wingard, Neade, Impey and R. Gray should then be kicking 4+ a piece if they are stupid enough to. Dougal in has helped our structure greatly, but sides aren't going to pay him the attention they will Schulz. It's just a piece of the cluster* of 2016. Even with all that's gone wrong Dixon has shown improvement as the season has progressed and is definitely so far worth the price paid, even if he's stuck carrying twice the load he should.

I can't speak for you guys but I know I'd rather have Charlie kick two or three goals a week (as opposed to a bag) while steamrolling his way through a dozen other contests he has absolutely no right to be involved in. It's no coincidence that in our last two games where Dixon has predominantly been playing up the field and working his f****** arse off to bring the ball to ground, Neade has played his two best games for the season.

Sure I'd like him to clunk a couple but I'm a 75kg twig and don't consider myself in a position to chastise a dude who's got two opposition defenders of a combined weight of 180kg+ hanging off his nut for dear life at all times. He almost literally puts our little guys on his back and his "fumbles" weren't the reason we lost.

When I watch Charlie play I sit back with a melancholic feeling, somewhere between awe and disappointment, because for someone who was born and raised in Cairns and hasn't even spent a year on our list he is to me the most appropriate representation of the "Port Adelaide football" rhetoric the club loves to throw around.

Last edited:
I can't speak for you guys but I know I'd rather have Charlie kick two or three goals a week (as opposed to a bag) while steamrolling his way through a dozen other contests he has absolutely no right to be involved in. It's no coincidence that in our last two games where Dixon has predominantly been playing up the field and working his f****** arse off to bring the ball to ground, Neade has played his two best games for the season.

Sure I'd like him to clunk a couple but I'm a 75kg twig and don't consider myself in a position to chastise a dude who's got two opposition defenders of a combined weight of 180kg+ hanging off his nut for dear life at all times. He almost literally puts our little guys on his back and his "fumbles" weren't the reason we lost.

When I watch Charlie play I sit back with a melancholic feeling, somewhere between awe and disappointment, because for someone who was born and raised in Cairns and hasn't even spent a year on our list he is to me the most appropriate representation of the "Port Adelaide football" rhetoric the club loves to throw around.

Yep I love watching him play, he's a real warrior, has good skills and a big reason why we haven't been completely Fremantled this year. He's putting in but he need some help if he's gonna cut loose, Schulz can't get back into the team fast enough.

Dixon is going to benefit massively from Schulz being in.........

You'd think it would but I don't think it will make any difference at all. It will only be another body to compete against.

I lost count of the amount of times yesterday one of our players would have the ball somewhere between wing and half forward, look up, then kick long to the pack. Nearly every time we had a player, or two, sometimes three, with space as their immediate opponent had already started moving towards Dixon yet we still kick long and high to the contest. We simply don't use any tactical nous at all going forward, it's all about the theatre of the game, and it's all coming from a coach that really struggles with the dynamics of modern footy.

Our method for attacking now is 'kick it long to Charlie and if he can't mark our smalls will crumb'. It's simplistic and just like the amount of players that play a good game against lesser opposition but never do well against good sides Hinkley will continue to say terms like 'persistence' and 'we know it works' because it's worked at some point against poor sides.

Opposition defenders are now just going where they know the ball will go adn more times than not even if there is a 'crumb' to be had were brawling with 8 opposition defenders all in the immediate area to win the ball.

We had more than enough opportunity to win yesterday and win well too. A big part of the reason we lost was we couldn't score and we couldn't score as we continue to play this method of attacking. Schulz will be just another to go with Westhoff that 'fly' for 'screamers' in the every increasing pack numbers.

When you have a half forward that's as good as Wingard is - especially in the air - and you don't use him when he has space then I can't see Schulz being one that will instantly start see us revert to playing any different.

This is a Hinkley tactic, and it sucks.

Average 10 contested a game amirite?
Nah just the ones where he gains better body position than his opponent, happened in the first half a number of times a bloke of his size needs to take those marks.. you guys can carry on like lovestruck Charlie groupies all you like but the man himself has said he's had concrete hands at times, it's a part of his game he needs to work on like any other player with an issue in their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back