Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Def and you can carp all day at everything smells like s**t , but ultimately one diamond cut gun player has dragged that club out of the gutter , you could argue nick daicos has done as much too . I wanna see us get 3 pics in top 15 , and get the *ers right
1 player doesn't make the difference. In WCE situation it's getting their best players back on the park week after week that has turned their fortunes around. With the Pies it was a new coach with a good game plan and a complete buy in by the group that turned them around. Daicos was the cherry on top.

We need more than just a few R1 picks to turn things around. We need a lot of players currently on our list to become best 23 quality as well as getting the top end talent injured players back.

Where's that poster who was defending Richmond's effort and used the 3rd qtr against the Bulldogs?

The facts are there, we are simply lacking effort everywhere. It has nothing to do with the injuries we have. I'm not expecting to win most games, given the position we are in, but we are not sticking tackles, not chasing and the effort into our ball movement and kicking is similiar to the Terry Wallace era. These are facts, not opinions.

With a few years at the bottom, so high talent draft picks and youngsters hopefully finding some form in their development, I expect us to rise again. Just a hard few years for us at the moment.

I like Yze, but I'd rather he be honest. I'll be patient with him, although I'm not seeing much spark/energy currently. With time, I hope it changes. It doesn't have to follow a slow path. Just look at Kingsley and McRae

11 senior players out there with flags on Saturday more then enough to be competitive lucky 2 or 3 putting in the rest mistake after mistake or bluggering. This is not only a 2024 issue either. The kids are trying the effort is there , but to much being left to them. No leadership whatsoever say it how you like. I'll say it again during this period we're finding out who's in and who's out the latter can pack there bags. To many drinking there own bath water and arrogance crept in years ago.

Another point Livingstone should be out of the coaches box let the coaches run the show this bs his evaluating I don't buy it. Him and Hartley both run the footy department jointly. They should focus on themselves because they got a lot to blame what's happening now.

Last edited:

i don't understand how people don't get it. Injuries are killing us. As a result of injuries we are playing a side filled with kids but also a side of players that haven't played that much footy together as a team. There's a different between training together and playing together. It will take time to gel. Plus a new coach, new plans and systems as well. Yes watching the floggings we are getting hurts a lot but bagging the coach when there is some much more going on is ridiculous.
If we had a full squad on the park and this was happening then that's a whole different story.

If the leaders & players are struggling to grasp the gameplan than it's on both the coach & the players but I would say more on the coach with the way we are playing bombing it forward with lack of tall targets.
Our team has had multiple changes every week with players being asked to play different roles from week to week and you're wondering why there is confusion about the game plan.

11 senior players out there with flags on Saturday more then enough to be competitive lucky 2 or 3 putting in the rest mistake after mistake or bluggering. This is not only a 2024 issue either. The kids are trying the effort is there , but to much being left to them. No leadership whatsoever say it how you like. I'll say it again during this period we're finding out who's in and who's out the latter can pack there bags. To many drinking there own bath water and arrogance crept in years ago.

Another point Livingstone should be out of the coaches box let the coaches run the show this bs his evaluating I don't buy it. Him and Hartley both run the footy department jointly. They should focus on themselves because they got a lot to blame what's happening now.
why is Livingstone in the coach's box? how much influence does he have over Yze and team selection

The main problem is......

Not enough AFL game time for the young ones.

Premiership players are past their best.

Its those simple reasons why we need a full rebuild and we need to hit the draft for the next cotchin, martin and riewoldt.

i don't understand how people don't get it. Injuries are killing us. As a result of injuries we are playing a side filled with kids but also a side of players that haven't played that much footy together as a team. There's a different between training together and playing together. It will take time to gel. Plus a new coach, new plans and systems as well. Yes watching the floggings we are getting hurts a lot but bagging the coach when there is some much more going on is ridiculous.
If we had a full squad on the park and this was happening then that's a whole different story.
The win over the swans was not a fluke. Had more players available and went direct down the middle.

Interesting some Melbourne fans are turning on McQualter and saying he’s ruining their midfield.
Yet some suggest we made a mistake by not giving him the job, because apparently the players were playing for him and not Yze

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris on sen said Yze wants to play a ball movement style similar to carlton and melbourne, long to contests, repeat stoppages etc, but the players are confused since we don't have a lynch playing aswell as stoppage mids.

I'm not that enthused about trying to emulate the dees and blues, I would much rather we stuck to the handball chains and ball movement that the pies, cats and gws have emulated

It’s also silly to expect the guys coming back from injury to be flying as soon as they are back in the side
Guys like Prestia, Balta and anyone else who starts to play srs again will take a good 2 - 4 weeks before they can really play at the standard they want to play at

Tom Morris on sen said Yze wants to play a ball movement style similar to carlton and melbourne, long to contests, repeat stoppages etc, but the players are confused since we don't have a lynch playing aswell as stoppage mids.

I'm not that enthused about trying to emulate the dees and blues, I would much rather we stuck to the handball chains and ball movement that the pies, cats and gws have emulated
That's the strength of our list though. In our best line up, we'd have Lynch and Balta up forward providing a contest and when we set up for the stoppage we'd have the likes of Taranto Hopper Ross Dow & McAuliffe fighting for possession. It's just at the moment we don't have that side on the park and I don't mind Yze sticking to the game plan he wants us to play long term regardless of the players at his disposal, that is how you build consistency in terms of executing the game plan from week to week.

the problem with the 11 flag players is half of them are cooked fried or roasted

Yze is not going to follow Hardwick's game plan and the players should be aware of the new changes.

Unfortunately, we don't have all our players available to play.

Yze is not going to follow Hardwick's game plan and the players should be aware of the new changes.

Unfortunately, we don't have all our players available to play.
Sure but his game plan does not work with the personnel currently available ... he is making the rookie coach mistake of doubling down ... he should go to another plan until he has Taranto back.

I would put Balta and Baker back and launch out of the backline until he has the personnel. Vlastuin, Balta, Baker and Broad have won premierships together with Miller and Brown he could be in games still playing his game plan.

Put Young forward to crash packs

Kinda hope this part is really not true

Sure but his game plan does not work with the personnel currently available ... he is making the rookie coach mistake of doubling down ... he should go to another plan until he has Taranto back.

I would put Balta and Baker back and launch out of the backline until he has the personnel. Vlastuin, Balta, Baker and Broad have won premierships together with Miller and Brown he could be in games still playing his game plan.

Put Young forward to crash packs
Why?
If anything that just confuses the players further because they will need to learn another new gameplan as players become available and it takes about a month to apply a new game plan in any case

Better off keeping the players training and learning the new plan so it makes the transition easier over the long term

No point making short term knee jerk changes when we aren’t going to be contenders this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back