Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Main thing that stuck out was that Yze was essentially the game day coach at Melbourne from 2021-2023. In that time they won a flag, and finished top 4 two other times. On the straight sets exits, really not much the coaches could do this year. Melbourne dominated both matches but just couldn't execute. The coach's need to give the players the best chance to succeed (which they did regarding contested possession, inside 50s differential etc.), but the players have to execute.

Super excited for him. An outside perspective seems to be exactly what we need, and he can evaluate and pick/play the team objectively. Nothing against Mini, but a fresh face is welcome (similar to when Hardwick took over in 2010...)

Too much of everything means they're not good at anything. His specific wording is 'how will they learn their role, how will they know each other, if the magnets get moved too often?
Yep my exact thoughts. Trying to find a position for a player to justify their selection rather than going back to the VFL to learn or get form in the position they were brought into the club to play..

Yep my exact thoughts. Trying to find a position for a player to justify their selection rather than going back to the VFL to learn or get form in the position they were brought into the club to play..
Think that’s part of the reason why the doggo’s have come unstuck as well
Bevo loves throwing players all over the shop

their younger players are dog shite
Only decent one is Diacos but he’s already showing signs he isn’t a fan of the hard stuff and has a lot of figjam about him

Don’t think he will be able to cope mentally if they don’t keep winning games every week and getting targeted every week

Only decent one is Diacos but he’s already showing signs he isn’t a fan of the hard stuff and has a lot of figjam about him

Don’t think he will be able to cope mentally if they don’t keep winning games every week and getting targeted every week

gonna have 26 uncontested kick outs next week

hes already won the norm smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent appointment - Yze was a smart player, coached at 2 successful clubs, confident, determined, fresh set of eyes. Good stage of life to spend his next decade at Tigerland fashioning our group into a power once again. My one gripe is his overuse of the word hope and it's variants hoping, hopefully etc. Back in 2009 Dimma at his first interview made the distinction between Hope and Belief "we're here to sell belief not hope" I believe were his words. It's a very important distinction

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Frank Ponissi (Melb Storm) who was on the selection committee pretty much confirmed what we all believed and that was the place needed change. Both candidates were of a very high quality.

“But there really wasn’t too much between the two, that fresh change might have been the difference between Adem and Andrew.

Link to Sen Article- The key factor that won Yze Richmond job over McQualter

Absolutely love this .....

The killer line in Yze’s pitch was: “If you get stuck in the past, you die in the present”.

The board unanimously endorsed him as the Tigers’ main man.

While there was no birthday cake at home, unwrapping that polo shirt was the best gift possible and by Thursday night Yze’s house was covered in yellow and black.

The killer line in Yze’s pitch was: “If you get stuck in the past, you die in the present”.

The Tigers agreed they needed a fresh voice.

Loving this appointment already. We've been stuck in the past for two years.

Absolutely love this .....

The board unanimously endorsed him as the Tigers’ main man.

While there was no birthday cake at home, unwrapping that polo shirt was the best gift possible and by Thursday night Yze’s house was covered in yellow and black.

The Tigers agreed they needed a fresh voice.

Loving this appointment already. We've been stuck in the past for two years.
That line was great but what excites me most is his belief that we’ve gone away from our forward half pressure game and he’s going to address that. I’ve felt that it’s been the killer change in how we’ve gone about playing the game for the last 2-3 years. Play the game in the forward half and our defence will murder other sides imo. Fix it and I’m extremely buoyant about our chances next year.

Frank Ponissi (Melb Storm) who was on the selection committee pretty much confirmed what we all believed and that was the place needed change. Both candidates were of a very high quality.

“But there really wasn’t too much between the two, that fresh change might have been the difference between Adem and Andrew.

Link to Sen Article- The key factor that won Yze Richmond job over McQualter

Yeah you never do anything but big up the runner up in the process particularly one of our own.

There was more than just that then won Yze over. Been told, particularly Benny Gale was gobsmacked at the detail and know how of Yze on how to adjust the game plan and develop the players to return to the top. The vision he pulled and explained what was wrong with the way we were playing under both Dimma and Mini and it was significant lack of coaching to modern football.

Yes also stated that in terms of individual players traded in and drafted, he spoke to Blair about areas and types we lack to implement but said first and foremost he wanted hard working good characters.

Kosi is a structural signing that can play that second key forward role. Lynch being fit, we have confidence we can challenge next season.

I expect to see Bolton in the midfield also.

Yeah you never do anything but big up the runner up in the process particularly one of our own.

There was more than just that then won Yze over. Been told, particularly Benny Gale was gobsmacked at the detail and know how of Yze on how to adjust the game plan and develop the players to return to the top. The vision he pulled and explained what was wrong with the way we were playing under both Dimma and Mini and it was significant lack of coaching to modern football.

Yes also stated that in terms of individual players traded in and drafted, he spoke to Blair about areas and types we lack to implement but said first and foremost he wanted hard working good characters.

Kosi is a structural signing that can play that second key forward role. Lynch being fit, we have confidence we can challenge next season.

I expect to see Bolton in the midfield also.
Really excited for Brown, Banks and Clarke who have that perfect skill set to capitalise on a refreshed gameplan that can work around strong ball use

Will be interesting how Sonsie goes as well since he is a very decent kick off both feet and could be utilised as a sweeper off the back of stoppages

That line was great but what excites me most is his belief that we’ve gone away from our forward half pressure game and he’s going to address that. I’ve felt that it’s been the killer change in how we’ve gone about playing the game for the last 2-3 years. Play the game in the forward half and our defence will murder other sides imo. Fix it and I’m extremely buoyant about our chances next year.
The forward line needs a major overhaul imo. I’m hoping a couple of our kids can step into that small forward role next year.
As big a problem is how we deliver the ball inside f50.
Think those 2 issues could be a real focus f Yze.

So players like Graham and Kamdyn probably stay in the side if he’s after hard working effort types.
dont you say that adam sandler GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back