Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

What Yze says during a media interview could be completely different behind closed doors!

The old adage applies 'You Never Air Your Dirty Laundry in Public'

Wishful thinking. He is soft as marshmallows. There is no fire. You don't turn from that to a totally different person like flicking a switch.

Just last week he said he hasn't yelled at the players yet and takes pride in that. This is a club that's won 1 game with a % of 60.

Now he's saying the effort is good in 90 point loss where they also lost disposals by 100 and the tackle count by 10. The number one of indicator of poor effort.

IMO people are missing the context in which Yze made the comments regarding effort. We fielded a team with 6 players under 20 games and 12 in total with under 50 games. In terms of effort we can't expect them to be running out games like seasoned players do. I was watching some of our young players closely after half time and they were going up and down on the spot at times with the amount of chasing they were doing, despite that they still kept on trying and that's all you can ask of them at this point in time, hence why Yze said he was happy with the effort. At the same time I'd suggest that there are a few senior players who are playing through niggles that are impacting their ability to perform at their best. IMO Martin Nankervis & Short all seem to be struggling but are putting their hands up to play given the current injury crisis to try and provide some sort of leadership out on the ground. If we weren't dealing with so many injuries I'd suggest that all 3 of them would probably be missing games at the moment.

Dimma was a softie until Balme and co reinvented and shaped the FD and unfortunately Adem is no better. The major reason why i wanted Yze with a completely new FD as well as a complete club review. Everything i ask for always seems to happen 12 months later.

Last edited:

It’s worrying that 9 games into his tenure, we have senior players not executing basic skills and seemingly going in 2nd gear.
I can put up with losing. God knows we had heaps of conditioning for it prior to 2017.
But I cannot handle half arsed efforts.

IMO people are missing the context in which Yze made the comments regarding effort. We fielded a team with 6 players under 20 games and 12 in total with under 50 games. In terms of effort we can't expect them to be running out games like seasoned players do. I was watching some of our young players closely after half time and they were going up and down on the spot at times with the amount of chasing they were doing, despite that they still kept on trying and that's all you can ask of them at this point in time, hence why Yze said he was happy with the effort.

This is the point so many seem to be missing in these losses.

We became contenders when we finally had a list that could run and compete with top sides. Out-run them often as not.

As we see week after week, becoming more influential every season, skill has become far less relevant in the game compared to raw running power. More to the point, if you don't have the running power, that in itself is gonna make your skill level look abysmal and your effort level look much the same.

Our highest paid, 'icing on the cake' players like Martin and Bolton have no cake to ice if there is not enough running power around them, they struggle to even get involved.

I know it's not a point you've made, but seeing others have, I'll just add that forcing them to become the coal-face grunts is no 'solution', it's the equivalent of driving a street car on gravel roads; you'll pay for it down the track. Just like we did with Cotchin starting out clearly the best kick on our list and ending up close to the worst.

The last thing we want is to bust Shai in his prime and we want to extend Dusty's career as long as possible. That's why we went all-out to get the two GWS senior mids in - so their bodies could cop it instead.

At the same time I'd suggest that there are a few senior players who are playing through niggles that are impacting their ability to perform at their best. IMO Martin Nankervis & Short all seem to be struggling but are putting their hands up to play given the current injury crisis to try and provide some sort of leadership out on the ground. If we weren't dealing with so many injuries I'd suggest that all 3 of them would probably be missing games at the moment.

Niggles aside (I'm sure you're right on that), all three could be doing a better job of leading, ATM, to be blunt.

"Some sort of leadership" is a pretty apt description.

We'll find out a lot about what Yze and our leadership group are made of over the course of this season. Let's hope things improve out of sight, because the optics from afar have been rather depressing at times during the first half of the year and that hasn't just been down to injuries or results.

If Yze comes out in the presser today and blames injuries and says he's proud of our effort and intensity, I'm not sure I want him as our coach.

This performance needs to be called out for what it is. You cannot sell this to the members that he is happy with our effort tonight.
Look at the tracker; 5 RFC player in top 10 of distance. Hugo 17kms, lefau 16.3kms, Campbell 16km
Speed stats RFC 7/ top 10 for speed
RFC 8/10 top sprint stats
work rate RFC top 4/10

RFC ran 1 km more than dogs.

and won every other running stat.

RFC showing effort just can't football

Wonderkid Sam Mitchell been at the senior job for 2 and a half years after being assistant at HFC for 3 more.

Having an injury ravaged list, and some poor selections has us 17 right now. Grimes rested, Kmac dropped is the first selection statement really.

The lack of on field success might accelerate retirements/delistings, and a few good kids through the daft will help.

Nothing but new faces off field too. CEO, Prez, List manager., New era for sure.

I'm sold

Look at the tracker; 5 RFC player in top 10 of distance. Hugo 17kms, lefau 16.3kms, Campbell 16km
Speed stats RFC 7/ top 10 for speed
RFC 8/10 top sprint stats
work rate RFC top 4/10

RFC ran 1 km more than dogs.

and won every other running stat.

RFC showing effort just can't football

What the raw stats don't show - which makes them all but irrelevant except to show that our kids are gradually getting there - is the tiredness of the player doing that running and how much that affects their ability to win contests and dispose of the ball effectively.

Yes, they cover the ground - can cover even more ground chasing a side which has 25% more possession - but much of the game they're covering that ground in a physical state where they can't win enough 1:1 contests or hit enough targets.

All the more glaringly obvious at crucial stages of games.

Dimma was a softie until Balme and co reinvented and shaped the FD and, unfortunately Adem is no better. The major rason why i wanted Yze with a completely new FD as well as a complete club review. Everything i ask for always seems to happen 12 months later.
Balme must've gotten over his sacking, he and Flea still doing the Qld game pregame functions.

Balme was a very good player, 1969 to 1974 were my first days of the tiges at the G. 2 flags obviously. Balme went on to be a decent coach and amazing administrator.

Gale was as good player too. (Both CFH?/rucks) a better CEO. Pulled a miracle together to revive this club. If St Brendan made an error or 2 along the way, god can judge

You cannot just play the kids. You reckon today was bad? It would be twice as bad if you had no senior player in the team.

Just have to suck it up and realise we’re in the barrel. It’s going to get worse before it gets better just accept it.

FD needs an overhaul though. If the club is serious about improving I want to see changes there. No more short cutting.

I'm not suggesting a 22 of 18 year olds, however you slowly want to give bigger responsibility to guys to see if they will make it and also give your young guns more in game key role experience.

For example I would be very happy to move Jayden Short on. Good player but not confident he is anything but cream on top type. As such I would be tapping Tom Browne on the shoulder to play the quarterback role. Keep Vlaustin and Rioli and even Broad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were copping those losses with the senior guys in last year and early on this year . Campbell was the only kid we played last week. Every other player had been on an AFL list for at least three years and two were mature aged. It’s a cop out and an excuse that the juniors will cop a pounding as in general most have been terrific. It’s our next generation senior players who are letting the team down in Bolton inconsistent , Short panic merchant, Baker inconsistent, Dan inconsistent, Nankervis horrible leadership , Broad terrible and of the senior golden oldies :

Pickett shithouse and a turnover merchant
Kmac shithouse and embarrassing Yze every time he runs out
Martin terrific , but runs out of steam and has zero defensive ability,
Grimes hilarious he hasn’t pulled the pin . Plays like he’s had two bottles of red before the game.
When JGTi comes in see Pickett as well as slow as a wet week
Naismith lol
Kosi lol

Of the juniors with three years or more experience plus mature age players

Dow delist see his thread and more a blight on the MC he gets games
Banks a bit like Dow , but some hope and gets another year , but needs to build through the vfl.
Miller excellent
Young good to very good
HRS very good
LeFau excellent
Brown very good.
Sonsie building nicely and will be A grade material. Hasn’t been backed in by the gross incompetence of talent recognition by two sacked AFL coaches and a current yes man coach.

So who is actually letting the team down just looking at every individual?
It’s a myth what you’re telling us and all the sheep that are echoing your thoughts. Whether we lose by 10 goals or more is irrelevant as Dimma didn’t care in 2010 nor now in 2024 as he knew the only way up was to look at your entire list and weed them out. He failed in 2016 bc he then went to your mentality and resorted to the battlers and old deadwood.
In 2010 by mid season we started to show some serious signs of improvement and I’m sure the same would happen if we would just weed out a few guys like Kmac, Pickett, Naismith and Grimes. It’s not the big drastic bullshit drama you’re making it out to be. The real problem in the playing group is the guys after the jets who are senior players that have let us down badly and not the so called juniors. Since so many are down it’s put a massive workload on Baker, Flossy, Bolton and Dan.
Flossy the genuine seasoned and tough bastard he is has been the only bloke who has stood up all season.
The others just get hammered by the opposition bc of the amount of passengers mentioned and are eventually worn down.
Robbo agrees with me and has blasted our senior players in a recent article.

1715512533582.jpeg

Robbo's a moron of the highest order.
What has dusty making a decision got to do with our performances and fancy telling him to get a meaningful kick.
How about Slobbo get another meaningful bottle of scotch.

Robbo isn't wrong it's our senior players letting us down, Bolton, Vlastuin & D. Rioli are only 25+ players I am giving a pass mark to.
Bolton was great early and has been poor of late. It’s been a real disappointment the attitude of the senior players.

I’ve got no issue with Yze as coach, the club is quite unstable atm and there’s still question marks over Hartley & Livingstone positions/commitment

Rutten is only there because he was dimmas mate, gone backwards since his return, Teague gotta go too

Club is a mess not just on field

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I feel like everyone's jumping off the bandwagon, all the good people that was involved in the success.

Hartley & Livingstone will probably be next it would not surprise me.

I fear we might be headed back to the late 80s/90s/2000s dark ages where we just make a lot of shocking decisions.
I don't want to think negative thoughts but you'd have to be lying to think you haven't thought about it.

I know the landscape has changed & there are more cards to pull with free agency & trading these days.
getting the right people in key roles will be crucial make no mistake the new CEO role is massive we just have to get the right person.

I feel like everyone's jumping off the bandwagon, all the good people that was involved in the success.

Hartley & Livingstone will probably be next it would not surprise me.

I fear we might be headed back to the late 80s/90s/2000s dark ages where we just make a lot of shocking decisions.
I don't want to think negative thoughts but you'd have to be lying to think you haven't thought about it.

I know the landscape has changed & there are more cards to pull with free agency & trading these days.
getting the right people in key roles will be crucial make no mistake the new CEO role is massive we just have to get the right person.
Gale confirmed Hartley will be staying on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back