Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

spot on! we were trying too hard without an efficient purpose in mind, it was more desperation than purpose.
Was really staggering at stages
The entire team seemed rudderless at times with players just making individual plays that didn’t lead anywhere because no one was on the same page

Kicking straight to defenders when we had spare runners and that kind of thing

Not sure if it was just a complete breakdown of on field leadership or just players reaching a tipping point of a few weeks of bad performances

I’m not really blaming any one player or the coaches for it either just how it seemed watching at the time
Hopefully it’s something we don’t make a habit of doing as a side

Was really staggering at stages
The entire team seemed rudderless at times with players just making individual plays that didn’t lead anywhere because no one was on the same page

Kicking straight to defenders when we had spare runners and that kind of thing

Not sure if it was just a complete breakdown of on field leadership or just players reaching a tipping point of a few weeks of bad performances

I’m not really blaming any one player or the coaches for it either just how it seemed watching at the time
Hopefully it’s something we don’t make a habit of doing as a side
confidence has a lot to do with it i think.

Jack Reiwoldt and Jordan Lewis spoke about Richmond and Yze on 360 Fox Footy and provided a good overview. It appears Jack was a bit disappointed with the senior players and that they let the coach down on Saturday. Senior players should decide whether they're interested in taking on a leadership role to support Yze, and younger guys.

It's a shame Jack is going to Tasmania, would've been good to have him at the club in some capacity.

Which senior players were actually so poor that they let Yze down?

Vlastuin - was our best
Rioli - had 26 and tried to create something all game as he always does.
Prestia - was solid and Yze himself said he was good
Martin - could only do what he could manage but still had it 20 times.
Broad - was ok without being "let the coach down" level
Short - was very poor
Nank - very poor but looked injured to me
Bolton - poor first half and better second half, Yze praised him
Pickett - again played a selfless role trying to go to Bont at stages but was otherwise meh
Graham - pinged a hammy.

So it was like 2, maybe 3 players who were poor, 1 of which looks to be playing injured to me. The senior cohort have hardly checked out as some would suggest.

Which senior players were actually so poor that they let Yze down?

Vlastuin - was our best
Rioli - had 26 and tried to create something all game as he always does.
Prestia - was solid and Yze himself said he was good
Martin - could only do what he could manage but still had it 20 times.
Broad - was ok without being "let the coach down" level
Short - was very poor
Nank - very poor but looked injured to me
Bolton - poor first half and better second half, Yze praised him
Pickett - again played a selfless role trying to go to Bont at stages but was otherwise meh
Graham - pinged a hammy.

So it was like 2, maybe 3 players who were poor, 1 of which looks to be playing injured to me. The senior cohort have hardly checked out as some would suggest.
I believe Jack

1715833369008.png

I like Yze, and I undertsand this is a learning/transitional year for him. However, I have a problem with this. He needs to be honest with himself and the richmond fans. The effort and intensity is clearly and evidently NOT there. I want to see how we turn this around and the strategy to get back on track. This denial is what leads coaches down the wrong path and failure.

Expecting a game plan shift for the second half of the year. The players need to gather the belief back because currently there is zero effort and that is evident with teams slaughtering us week after week.

View attachment 1990256

I like Yze, and I undertsand this is a learning/transitional year for him. However, I have a problem with this. He needs to be honest with himself and the richmond fans. The effort and intensity is clearly and evidently NOT there. I want to see how we turn this around and the strategy to get back on track. This denial is what leads coaches down the wrong path and failure.

Expecting a game plan shift for the second half of the year. The players need to gather the belief back because currently there is zero effort and that is evident with teams slaughtering us week after week.
When you're carrying 12-13 players with under 50 games experience the effort and intensity isn't going to be the same as what it was in our glory days, especially when the players we're missing are our starting midfield, CHF & CHB, plus others carrying niggles into games but playing because they have to.

As fans we see the scoreboard and go well we got thumped by 15 goals so we must have given up, but Yze can see things that us and most of the media can't in terms of GPS numbers, which showed our players were putting in, they just weren't good enough to match it with the Dogs across 4 quarters.

When you're carrying 12-13 players with under 50 games experience the effort and intensity isn't going to be the same as what it was in our glory days, especially when the players we're missing are our starting midfield, CHF & CHB, plus others carrying niggles into games but playing because they have to.

As fans we see the scoreboard and go well we got thumped by 15 goals so we must have given up, but Yze can see things that us and most of the media can't in terms of GPS numbers, which showed our players were putting in, they just weren't good enough to match it with the Dogs across 4 quarters.

I agree with you, which is why the effort and intensity is not there, which was my argument. The injuries haven't helped us, but we haven't seen much from the younger guys, bar a few efforts a game. It really needs to lift and this is their opportunity to cement a spot. Dow is the perfect example.

I agree with you, which is why the effort and intensity is not there, which was my argument. The injuries haven't helped us, but we haven't seen much from the younger guys, bar a few efforts a game. It really needs to lift and this is their opportunity to cement a spot. Dow is the perfect example.
So explain why our pressure rating was apparently over 200 in the 3rd quarter against the Dogs then?

So explain why our pressure rating was apparently over 200 in the 3rd quarter against the Dogs then?

Pressure rating, really? I look at games as a whole and our team effort.

What effect does that have on us winning games atm? Really? You want to take a random stat from 1 qtr to justify our 'effort and intensity'?

I've seen in the past that Dusty has a high list of clangers in previous years..does that mean he's a bad footballer? No because the overall results, overpower a random irrelevant stat.

We are simply lacking the effort and intensity at the moment.

The effort and intensity is there for players that aren't seasoned campaigners who can play 4 quarters at the level we've become accustomed to during the premiership years, so people need to wind back their expectations that kids like Dow Mansell Brown Campbell Maurice and the like are going to be able to match it with seasoned players on the opposition side of the ball, it doesn't mean that they aren't trying and giving their all. I watched Brown a few times on Saturday night and after multiple efforts in a short span of time, he was going up and down on the spot trying to chase Harmes around and he isn't the only one, most of the under 50 players are ok for about 2/3 of the quarter before they hit the wall and their ability to run out the quarter suffers. Lets not forget that these kids have been carrying the load for about 6 weeks now and the senior blokes that are still available can only cover for them for so long before they too start to struggle as they are asked to do more than they normally would.

As we get more senior guys back into the line up, the difference between our best and worst will become smaller and we'll see a more even performance across 4 quarters, must like we did at the start of the season when we were able to match it with the likes of Carlton Port & beat Sydney before the injuries started to mount up.

Don't worry, I get it's frustrating seeing the side get thumped, but don't buy into the media spin about things like effort and intensity lacking and senior players have checked out, most of that shit is said to generate clicks and hits on their websites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we kicked 1.1 to them 4.2 in the third so pressure rating means nothing bc when you're defending constantly this goes up.
Then we couldn't maintain it anyway as they kicked 6.4 to us 2.3 in the last. It's an irrelevant stat as it doesn't look at where the pressure rating mostly occurred. Most likely in our BL I would suggest bc our midfield was being slaughtered.
If they have the ball then it's up to us to put pressure on them as the only pressure they will be under is on their hands or foot in force and execution.

Last edited:
View attachment 1990256

The effort and intensity was always going to drop off though. The kids can not sustain it as they will start to tire as the season goes on and the Senior players who were masked by our successful period will start to have the "F- it no point" attitude.

Look to the start of the year and even a few games back, we showed a lot of effort and fight. Going into the Freo game, at 3qtr time against the sides that were in the top 8 at that point our average margin was 11.5 points. For a team that has no fight, that is a pretty close margin to teams that look to play finals. Especially with how many young kids we were playing at the time.

If he starts laying the boots in now, then when it is freezing on a Sunday arvo in July and August, we are going to have a real rough time of it. These Zoomers can't handle a lot of the old school motivational tools.

100% the more kids in the side the more the results won’t be the required level. It’s not so much about the results atm. As bad as the injuries are this could be a positive for the future. Play the kids.

I’d advise anyone to listen to the podcast of Buckley on Whately’s show today… a very balanced analysis of the Tigers and Yze situation.

In a nutshell he said the quickest way to lose respect of senior Premiership players who are dealing with a new experience of a struggling team would be to lambast them publicly. But don’t be fooled into thinking hard conversations aren’t happening behind closed doors.

He said Yze would have certain ‘non-negotiables’ that are part of his coaching philosophy, and players who don’t abide by them would be fully aware it’s unacceptable. But now is not the time to berate the senior players who’ve done so much for this club at a post game presser … and it’s not the time to lay boots into youngsters who are trying their best but are simply out of their depth.

It was very balanced and made great sense as to why Yze continues to publicly back the players, even though many are wanting him to lose his sh*te at the players and are annoyed when he doesn’t … this tells you he’s doing the right thing for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's hard to take anything Bucks says about "premiership players" as anymore than a guess 😂

Jack Reiwoldt and Jordan Lewis spoke about Richmond and Yze on 360 Fox Footy and provided a good overview. It appears Jack was a bit disappointed with the senior players and that they let the coach down on Saturday. Senior players should decide whether they're interested in taking on a leadership role to support Yze, and younger guys.

It's a shame Jack is going to Tasmania, would've been good to have him at the club in some capacity.

one of the sharpest football minds in the business, I reckon there’s multiple roles he could fill at club level , but he’ll be a star in the media.

The effort etc being there is likely true, but when it’s up against an opposition with a far superior side it’s going to look bad

It’s probably going to be appear the same this week but against the bombers we’re gonna look a hell of lot better

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

we kicked 1.1 to them 4.2 in the third so pressure rating means nothing bc when you're defending constantly this goes up.
Then we couldn't maintain it anyway as they kicked 6.4 to us 2.3 in the last. It's an irrelevant stat as it doesn't look at where the pressure rating mostly occurred. Most likely in our BL I would suggest bc our midfield was being slaughtered.
If they have the ball then it's up to us to put pressure on them as the only pressure they will be under is on their hands or foot in force and execution.
Yeah right TI. Teams win games of footy most of the time if they can maintain those type of high levels of pressure, that’s a fact. I know you’ve likely forgotten but that area of the game actually contributed greatly to our 3 flags.
But I need to stop debating anything footy with you as you seem to know it all Mate. An irrelevant stat, seriously!!!

Yeah right TI. Teams win games of footy most of the time if they can maintain those type of high levels of pressure, that’s a fact. I know you’ve likely forgotten but that area of the game actually contributed greatly to our 3 flags.
But I need to stop debating anything footy with you as you seem to know it all Mate. An irrelevant stat, seriously!!!
It’s only relevant if you have the players who are capable of actually making an impact with pressure on the ball carriers.
They had over 100 more uncontested possessions which means our pressure where it counted was missing. Read carefully what I explained to you as your argument is irrational and hyperbole.

"Won't let you down".

Think this tells us all we need to know about Ooze and the players tbh.

does anyone else find these types of videos extremely cringey or is it just me ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back