Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

So we have a game plan which is built on having a strong contest inside F50 where we either mark it or bring the ball to ground to force the stoppage and look to score from that. In the midfield, our plan is to be strong at the stoppages and defensively sound so that it's difficult for the opposition to get easy entries into their F50. Across the ground we want to be high pressure and defensively strong as a unit.

At the moment though our best KPF is injured, our second best option is coming back from a month out of the game and is actually still learning to be a KPF himself and our 2nd KPF is a bloke who has played half a dozen games at the level and is even rawer than Balta.

Add to that our 4 of our best 5 midfielders that can play the structure & game plan Yze wants to play with in the midfield are currently sitting in the stands with Lynch and the other has managed to get through 2 games after missing 6 weeks with injury himself and is closer to the end of his career than the peak.

Finally our team defensive structure is being executed by what is practically a side that you'd see running around in a scratch match in January when they play the Possibles v Probables games.

Is it any wonder nothing is working in field the way Yze envisioned it working way back in late October/early November when pre-season training began?

The benefits we're gaining from going through all of this now will take time to come to the fore, but I believe there will be a quicker turnaround than a lot of experts and some posters suggest. We may only win another 2-4 games for the season and to be honest I'm fine with that if it's coming off the back of the continued development of the younger players.

We probably needed deprogramming. We played the most systematic game style. Would have to be hard to put it aside after 7 years of playing the same reliable, superior system.

Gotta say I felt like “spewing up” this arvo listening to Matthew Lloyd.

Says he regularly puts questions to Pendlebury to help his own coaching. The Collingwood ethos: eg. if you’re four goals up, don’t try and save the game, try to be five goals, six goals up. Gee, I wonder where Collingwood, Macrae and Leppa got that mentality from?

Has no one in the media, even ex-players, realised that it’s easier to play from behind? Nothing to lose; all out attack. Collingwood are regularly behind and pinch wins because opposition shit themselves.

Macrae as our VFL coach, seemingly every week would surrender leads and come late to win. Look at the GF win.

Remember us in ‘22? Should have been top 4 but had become content when in front and then couldn’t stop momentum when it swung the other way. All because we stopped working and gave them a sniff.

People don’t realise that we had the idea first because our games - the important ones that people noticed and remember were never close. We were a steam roller. Powered over the top, then kept on going.

That’s what we lost. I put it down to lack of hunger and unfortunately it never felt like it was addressed.

That’s what we lost. I put it down to lack of hunger and unfortunately it never felt like it was addressed.
It started in 2021. Never got addressed in the same way that premiership players were never dropped for continued poor form. Blind faith to the extreme. That and our appalling fitness regime and list management has led us to where we are now.

It started in 2021. Never got addressed in the same way that premiership players were never dropped for continued poor form. Blind faith to the extreme. That and our appalling fitness regime and list management has led us to where we are now.
Well said. I have mentioned it a number of times alot of the problems were seeing now started a long time ago before Yze took over. That's why I'm looking who's running the footy department Livingstone and Hartley because this wasn't happening under Balmes watch. Beef up the footy department and get the best around Yze. We lost Leppa and MaCrae and we replaced them with 2 rejects the same with the appointment of fitness and conditioning another short cut .

why is Livingstone in the coach's box? how much influence does he have over Yze and team selection

I heard he is the conduit from the box to the bench. Previously he was on the ground taking those calls. Lonergan does that now. Nothing to see.
Influence over Yze, team selection?
Get real.

That's why I'm looking who's running the footy department Livingstone and Hartley because this wasn't happening under Balmes watch.
Yep. That along with the fitness people and the assistant coaches. Surely the club has enough money to go out and recruit the best people for these areas. One word that keeps coming up again and again when I think of what's happened and keeps happening since our last flag: hubris.

And it's not just the injuries. Let's see who stays in the side when everyone's fit. I have a horrible feeling that all those players that have been great servants, but are now finished, will all still be picked regardless of form.

I heard he is the conduit from the box to the bench. Previously he was on the ground taking those calls. Lonergan does that now. Nothing to see.
Influence over Yze, team selection?
Get real.
Of course he has an influence. On team selection and list management. Both have been disastrous since before Yze took over. Time for a clear out and let Yze pick his own assistants.

Last edited:
So we have a game plan which is built on having a strong contest inside F50 where we either mark it or bring the ball to ground to force the stoppage and look to score from that. In the midfield, our plan is to be strong at the stoppages and defensively sound so that it's difficult for the opposition to get easy entries into their F50. Across the ground we want to be high pressure and defensively strong as a unit.

At the moment though our best KPF is injured, our second best option is coming back from a month out of the game and is actually still learning to be a KPF himself and our 2nd KPF is a bloke who has played half a dozen games at the level and is even rawer than Balta.

Add to that our 4 of our best 5 midfielders that can play the structure & game plan Yze wants to play with in the midfield are currently sitting in the stands with Lynch and the other has managed to get through 2 games after missing 6 weeks with injury himself and is closer to the end of his career than the peak.

Finally our team defensive structure is being executed by what is practically a side that you'd see running around in a scratch match in January when they play the Possibles v Probables games.

Is it any wonder nothing is working in field the way Yze envisioned it working way back in late October/early November when pre-season training began?

The benefits we're gaining from going through all of this now will take time to come to the fore, but I believe there will be a quicker turnaround than a lot of experts and some posters suggest. We may only win another 2-4 games for the season and to be honest I'm fine with that if it's coming off the back of the continued development of the younger players.
We all know our problems and by the looks of it, not the only ones. Hocking has destroyed the game single-handedly. We are talking about a coach? This is how you find out what they have not when A team is flying. With all our problems and all the younger players trying to learn defensive game is the key. Having Balta up forward when the team is getting reamed and you kick 3 goals what is the point? It actually kills the kids spirit the older ones give up and you end up as we are. Make no mistake he is showing signs like he doesn't have a clue.

Few are cooked , but effort is easy , pressure and execution of the footy no exuse for that. Funny you say that Prestia has been one of our best last 2 weeks and people said he was cooked the most says something about the rest.
cooked because of constant injuries, the guy can play

Well, what do you think he's at a wedding?
He's at a game of footy, catching up with people. He should be able to have a chat and a laugh, it's not like being serious is going to somehow change the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know our problems and by the looks of it, not the only ones. Hocking has destroyed the game single-handedly. We are talking about a coach? This is how you find out what they have not when A team is flying. With all our problems and all the younger players trying to learn defensive game is the key. Having Balta up forward when the team is getting reamed and you kick 3 goals what is the point? It actually kills the kids spirit the older ones give up and you end up as we are. Make no mistake he is showing signs like he doesn't have a clue.
The point is he has a long term vision for how he wants the team to play and chopping and charging things around just creates more confusion among the players. The more the players are given consistency in their roles the easier it becomes to execute those roles when he has his full team available.

He's at a game of footy, catching up with people. He should be able to have a chat and a laugh, it's not like being serious is going to somehow change the situation.

Funny thing is Yze is actually generally incredibly serious looking. Dunno why people think him laughing once or twice is a cause for concern.

Funny thing is Yze is actually generally incredibly serious looking. Dunno why people think him laughing once or twice is a cause for concern.
Poor guy isn't allowed to laugh!

Anyway, his mental health is also important. Hope the club is supporting him

Poor guy isn't allowed to laugh!

Anyway, his mental health is also important. Hope the club is supporting him
I don’t think that would be an issue. I am confident he understands the situation we are in with our injuries.

Get scott Pendlebury as an asst, start talking

less shots at goal than ross lyons st kilda (euroe-yroke), not good

less shots at goal than ross lyons st kilda (euroe-yroke), not good

Saints don’t have a single injured best-23 player. Not one. They have 2 injuries, to Arie Schoenmakers and James Van Es. We have 10 best-23 out and 18 on our injury list.

I think the Saints supporters are way way more despondent than a supporter base who has seen three flags in the last 8-years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What part of it's not a good look don't you get? I'm all for people laughing but if you are in charge of something and things are going pear-shaped you don't do it in public knowing cameras are around you.

What part of it's not a good look don't you get? I'm all for people laughing but if you are in charge of something and things are going pear-shaped you don't do it in public knowing cameras are around you.
In charge of a side with a shit load of injuries. Only so much Adem or any coach could do it this situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back