Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Maverick Weller

Remove this Banner Ad

jesus christ kids that aren’t ready? he’s playing half fwd flank, any of bolton markov menadue baker moore can play that role and all of them have played senior footy already. all of them we need to see more of at the top level. not to mention the multiple other senior options we can run through that position while debuting a fresh face on the bench. this bloke should not be on the list full stop. he’s a list clogger and he’s doing exactly that. get yr head around it ffs
I have got my head around it, see if you can. Weller was the second last player added to the list and was never going to play unless needed. Caddy got injured just before the season started, so too did Townsend. We needed a big bodied mid sized forward who can play midfield.

Personally I would have preferred Ross but I understand why they went for the experience of Weller instead. First game he was reasonable, on Thursday him and about 17 others were quite ordinary including some big names but they aren't the easy targets like Weller Castagna Butler and Markov are so don't really get criticized.

Ross has played well in the 2 VFL practice games so hopefully gets his chance but I am not sure if they'll pull the trigger now given we're likely to bring in a couple of other inexperienced kids to replace Jack and Alex.

It's all about getting the balance right and giving the team the best chance of carrying out the game plan. In the match committees opinion Weller best suited the spot available.

I have got my head around it, see if you can. Weller was the second last player added to the list and was never going to play unless needed. Caddy got injured just before the season started, so too did Townsend. We needed a big bodied mid sized forward who can play midfield.

Personally I would have preferred Ross but I understand why they went for the experience of Weller instead. First game he was reasonable, on Thursday him and about 17 others were quite ordinary including some big names but they aren't the easy targets like Weller Castagna Butler and Markov are so don't really get criticized.

Ross has played well in the 2 VFL practice games so hopefully gets his chance but I am not sure if they'll pull the trigger now given we're likely to bring in a couple of other inexperienced kids to replace Jack and Alex.

It's all about getting the balance right and giving the team the best chance of carrying out the game plan. In the match committees opinion Weller best suited the spot available.
He looked better down the backline. He looked better than Markov. I hope Houli comes straight back so Markov can sit it out. And surely we have to bring in Garth & Balta.

has had his chance and done nothing with it , give his spot to cal moore FFS

I'm not a big fan of Cal Moore TBH. Good kid just seems like a battler at AFL level. Weller showed why the Saints delisted him - Won't ever be counted in a big game or when the team needs to dig in. I'd rather Jack Ross as an extra midfielder.

I'm not a big fan of Cal Moore TBH. Good kid just seems like a battler at AFL level. Weller showed why the Saints delisted him - Won't ever be counted in a big game or when the team needs to dig in. I'd rather Jack Ross as an extra midfielder.
hes had very few chances, id like him to get the same Volume of ops thrown at Butler and George

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see people are saying they'd have preferred to keep Lloyd which is a fair call and had Lloyd stayed he probably would have played the games that Caddy is going to miss. However the argument against playing Weller is that we should be playing younger players or would have been better keeping Lloyd. Do people realise that Lloyd is 2 years older than Weller having turned 29 earlier in March? So how exactly would we have been better off by keeping a 29 year old Lloyd and playing him over the younger guys?

Weller is filling the role that Caddy would be playing, a role which neither Baker or Bolton are anywhere near capable of playing, Towner was no chance of playing early in the season either given he was coming off an injury.

Make no mistake as soon as Caddy is back playing Weller will revert back to being the depth VFL player he was recruited for.
lol surely the very promising and damn good sized Collier - Dawkins would be the ideal player to play the Caddy role atm. But nope as usual we stick with limited retreads and at the same time deny talented kids much needed experience.

lol surely the very promising and damn good sized Collier - Dawkins would be the ideal player to play the Caddy role atm. But nope as usual we stick with limited retreads and at the same time deny talented kids much needed experience.
What's better for RCDs development?

Playing around 70% game time on a HFF in the AFL or playing around 85% game time as a full time midfielder, the role we eventually want him to play at AFL level, in the VFL?

Don't forget when the kid was drafted his biggest deficiency was his lack of a tank. Having him run around in the midfield at VFL level IMO helps him develop both the tank and the skills we want him to have when he does come into the senior side.

Lloyd was a genuine goal kicker and build a tank to play middle

baffling move to bring in Weller over him
The nub of it was Lloyd wouldn’t sign for wellers money . Should have been played in last years finals , alas he doesn’t exactly fill a real hole . Give me a 35p inside mid that can go forward and rest kicking his 2-3 a week ,, hey I kinda know someone like that ,,, fire up big fella

I see people are saying they'd have preferred to keep Lloyd which is a fair call and had Lloyd stayed he probably would have played the games that Caddy is going to miss. However the argument against playing Weller is that we should be playing younger players or would have been better keeping Lloyd. Do people realise that Lloyd is 2 years older than Weller having turned 29 earlier in March? So how exactly would we have been better off by keeping a 29 year old Lloyd and playing him over the younger guys?
lloyd and tiges parted on friendly terms, sam prob getting twice the coin at dogs coz he'll play all/most games at tiges was prob told limited chances and depth only, tiges need to be congratulated for looking after miles, cellis and sam the way they did. agree to that weller not in our best 25 so give a kid a crack from now on.

*Weller was the second last player added to the list and was never going to play unless needed.
Well thats just crazy , The 'Last' player then is Sydney Stack who actually fills a need and if we are giving games to our 2nd last player straight off the bat then there is something drastically wrong.

*Caddy got injured just before the season started, so too did Townsend. We needed a big bodied mid sized forward who can play midfield.
No we didnt you are having a few bob each way here , Townsend & Caddy have spent very little time in the midfield recently and Weller is useless in the midfield and basically plays small foward.

The player / s that should be played in Caddy's role are Noah Balta or Callum Moore both are stronger / faster / Taller and more athletic as well as having the option of playing other positions on the field we are struggling in. Defence & Ruck

We could have used balta both Ruck and Across HB and Moore foward as well as Ruck rather than a 30 year old coleman medalist thats integral to our team

The team stuffed up , If not for weller we would have had Marsh now no the list which fills a desperate need , And Marsh would get a game this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back