2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Flynn was good today but I wouldn't say he was dominant. He has missed a lot of footy, wonder if they will give him a few more runs in the Wafl before considering him for the 1st team.
Really disagree. He was fantastic. It wasnt the game for him to get high possessions but his ruck work made a massive difference.

The around the ground ruckwork and what he will bring to us in that aspect will be huge.

Trew unfortunately has had some rotten luck.
When there's been opportunity early in his career he didn't grab his opportunity.
Then when we had injuries all over the place and there was ample opportunity he was chronically injured, bad back, hamstrings, shin splints.
Now his playing well we have a solid set midfield in the position he'd want to play.

Who of Reid, Ginbey, Yeo, Kelly are you taking out to put Trew in?

Unfortunately Trew is likely to just end up as depth and probably delisted to make way for fresh talent.
What sometimes happens. Need to shed deadwood

Good to see Trew playing well enough to be major player of discussion here.

My concern is Culley. I’m hoping he gets a Senior game sooner than later. Would hate to see him leave the club due to lack of opportunities. I’m not convinced Simpson develops young players well. Still mostly old guys playing seniors. Simpson incredibly lucky Harley Reid drafted in last year

I’m not sure I believe he will be a consistent forward option at afl level. What does he have that Maric doesn’t have but better.

Too slow to be a true small forward and too short to be a true marking forward.

Comparison was Culley to Trew though, not Maric.

Culley can play mid and then rotate forward as a viable option, Trew doesn't provide that.

My concern is Culley. I’m hoping he gets a Senior game sooner than later. Would hate to see him leave the club due to lack of opportunities. I’m not convinced Simpson develops young players well. Still mostly old guys playing seniors. Simpson incredibly lucky Harley Reid drafted in last year
He probs will
Although I agree he should be in ahead of a few
He'd start at many clubs

Feels like we made a mistake with Winder. I think he was due 1 more year on the rookie list ahead of a guy like Jordyn Baker
I get the feeling it wasn't the talent that got him cut.
When you get so drunk at an AFL sanctioned event that you can't even remember assaulting a member of the public that tends to show that he didn't have anywhere near the level of professionalism required at the level.

While I think Baker won't make it either, it wasn't the wrong call to drop Winder.

When you get so drunk at an AFL sanctioned event that you can't even remember assaulting a member of the public that tends to show that he didn't have anywhere near the level of professionalism required at the level.

While I think Baker won't make it either, it wasn't the wrong call to drop Winder.
Oh for sure but I think a 1 year, last chance saloon type idea was better

Would you redraft him? He's a darn side better than Murdock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield development has been a glaring black hole for years.

2014-2022, Sheed to Ginbey, 0 gun/starting midfielders developed from the draft. Jury is out on Edwards, Chesser… and Sheed is no longer a sure start.

Hopefully we can turn it around.

Our midfield development has been a glaring black hole for years.

2014-2022, Sheed to Ginbey, 0 gun/starting midfielders developed from the draft. Jury is out on Edwards, Chesser… and Sheed is no longer a sure start.

Hopefully we can turn it around.
Agree surprised others do!!

Really good chance for the WAFL boys to back up there good win, with another against a lowly rated Perth.

If we can win with another 12-13 listed players + and Peel beat Claremont, then the boys will jump into 7th or 8th position and potentially equal points with 5th pending the subi and swans result.

With a few coming back from injury in the next few weeks + adding a player from the MSD, we have the chance to string some good performances together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back