Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - now voting on interchange!

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22?"

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am staggered by the lack of Dunkley love in this poll.

If it makes you feel better, I think Big Josh Dunkley has a number of strings to his bow that could really come to the fore in 2018. He has the stamina, strength and the ball getting aptitude to be a genuine inside mid and he is excellent with the handball out. He is also strong overhead, has no problems below the knees and is a similar size to ex-numbers 9 and 8, meaning he could be a valuable 3rd tall option in the forward line. A bit of an awkward kicking style but has vision. All this adds up to lots of games in 2018.

2017 Listed Forwards Output (Goals & Games).

Billy Gowers 0 Goals, 0 Games.
Matt Suckling 9 Goals, 22 Games.
Lewis Young 0 Goals, 7 Games.
Mitch Wallis 7 Goals, 12 Games.
Josh Dunkley 5 Goals, 7 Games.
Luke Dahlhaus 13 Goals, 22 Games.
Zaine Cordy 0 Goals, 19 Games.
Clay Smith 8 Goals, 8 Games.
Toby McLean 13 Goals, 19 Games.
Tom Boyd 7 Goals, 11 Games.
Hayden Crozier 0 Goals, 0 Games.
Lukas Webb 5 Goals, 4 Games.
Mitch Honeychurch 1 Goal, 6 Games.
Josh Schache 0 Goals, 0 Games.
Patrick Lipinski 0 Goals, 1 Game.
Tory Dickson 11 Goals, 9 Games.
Fergus Greene 0 Goals, 0 Games.
Caleb Daniel 5 Goals, 20 Games.
Liam Picken 24 Goals, 22 Games.
Jack Redpath 15 Goals, 9 Games.
Lin Jong 1 Goal, 12 Games.
Callum Porter 0 Goals, 0 Games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache with three times the votes of Redpath. Save for a couple of jumper punches, red would have won our goal kicking. I like the Schache acquisition. Lots of upside. But he couldn't get a game with Brisbane last year. We haven't had news of him tearing the house down either, on the field at least.

Interested to hear from the schache voters.

Schache with three times the votes of Redpath. Save for a couple of jumper punches, red would have won our goal kicking. I like the Schache acquisition. Lots of upside. But he couldn't get a game with Brisbane last year. We haven't had news of him tearing the house down either, on the field at least.

Team ethos and direction (at least what can be gleaned from changes to list composition) is for mobility, gut running and marking power. Out of Red and Schache, the latter appears to tick those boxes better. Red is one of my favourites on current list, but I think our game plan is moving past him - to which you will cite his inclusion into the leadership group, and I will have little retort other than to scratch my head.

I voted for Redpath and I'd bet money he will be playing in round 1 over Schache if we don't have room for both. I suspect the Schache voters are just being optimistic and hoping that Schache will have a breakout year and exceed Redpath in ability.

I voted for Schache and Redpath as the two main forwards
as they are likely to be the most reliable, however i firmly
believe none of our tall forward options can play out a full
game therefore you could have a four way rotation of
Redpath, Schache, Boyd and Roughead with one of the
four on the bench. You could even have two on the bench
and switch the main forward to a small impact player for
a quarter every now and then.

I voted for Redpath and I'd bet money he will be playing in round 1 over Schache if we don't have room for both. I suspect the Schache voters are just being optimistic and hoping that Schache will have a breakout year and exceed Redpath in ability.

Yes that is pretty much the basis for my voting for Schache and not for Redpath. For Schache I am voting for the realisation of potential (which may or may not occur) and with Red i think we have seen the ceiling and it's beige.

Round 2, yeah. Red is still suspended 1 week for looking in the direction of that coward who captains gws

I voted for Schache and Redpath as the two main forwards
as they are likely to be the most reliable, however i firmly
believe none of our tall forward options can play out a full
game therefore you could have a four way rotation of
Redpath, Schache, Boyd and Roughead with one of the
four on the bench. You could even have two on the bench
and switch the main forward to a small impact player for
a quarter every now and then.
Reckon that'd be going in too tall, think we'll only play three of those four, but yep, will be interesting to see how we line up. Good to see some solid competition for KPF spots.

Yes that is pretty much the basis for my voting for Schache and not for Redpath. For Schache I am voting for the realisation of potential (which may or may not occur) and with Red i think we have seen the ceiling and it's beige.
Agree. Some seem to have voted on most recent form. Others on potential. I'd vote schache too if on potential.

Sounds like we might need two threads.

One for potential best 22 and one for actual current best 22.

I thought this was about the latter, but seems plenty have taken a view that this is the former.
Or maybe a best 22 Round 23. To compare with Round 1/season start. See what the consensus is on who's going to drop off, who'll progress.

They both should play as IMO they are our best two pure forwards.
This should be our first priority - then you lock in our best ruck.

No point playing roughhead/boyd 50-50 - it results in playing a fwd 100% of the time thats not in our best two fwds.

Back