What an earth has gotten into Manangatang?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years back they were bottom of the heap and lucky to score a point, not to mention a goal.

Now look at 'em : Manangatang 15.10.100 def Ouyen United (a merger of 6, count 'em, 6 footy clubs) 9.13.67.

Manangatang are one of few clubs in the league which don't have a hyphen, or at least a 'United'. Sure, they absorbed Chinkapook, and Bolton, and Manang Imps, but they're still a lonely outpost with a stupid name. Ex-pats drove up there every weekend to fill the numbers.

Now they're something like 2 and 2, and quite competitive. Those ex-pats must be picking up hitch-hikers like Matt Jess, maybe even his old man.

And Mobbers, at the opposite end of the scale in the Loddon Valley Football League. YCW were sitting dead last after 4 games with no wins after winning last years Premiership. Luckily they won yesterday agains't Bears Lagoon-Serpentine which would have lifted them off the bottom by a few places.

Which then lends itself to another question .. what has happened to BLS ... which is usually odds-on to win most matches ... and they've been struggling this year, so far, too.

What's it matter, Inglewood are already premiers, winning this years grand final, albeit not neccessarily the grand final for this year!

Hey Lethal have you caught Dunolly's guernsey design, yet? I'm desperate to be reminded.

Nah, sorry haven't seen the Dunolly strip as of yet. They've had a few photos in the Addy up here but I didn't really take much notice. I'll keep an eye out for you though.
I wouldn't really say Inglewood will be premiers this season just yet. They've lost a game, I think it might have been agains't Newbridge who are undefeated at the moment and sitting a game on top from 3 teams.

Newbridge 20
Calival Utd 16
Mitiamo 16
Inglewood 16
Pyramid Hill 12
--------
YCW 4
BL-Serpentine 4
Marong 4
Dunolly 4
Bridgewater 4

Paul Daffy wrote a good piece on Managatang a few weeks back. About their new personell, and how they've turned things around. It's on the http://www.australianrules.com.au website - which is a good source of info these days!

for me Manangatang will always be the pub you stopped and had a beer at when your band was touring from Sydney to Adelaide or back again...

Thanks for the site Phil, (www.australianrules.com.au), the story that Paul Daffey did about Damien and Ramadan Yze and Perry Meka (he's gone through more clubs than Greg Norman:D) was great, all three of them just have that knack that makes them good at whatever sport they do (Adem and Ramadan were talented cricketers as teenagers).

Also, I wrote a report about Panton Hill's 75th Anniversary game and "Team of the Century" ball, i'll make sure that I e-mail it to them, I think they'll be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back