What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hades on pc. It’s an isometric roguelike hack and slash from the makers of Bastion. I’m loving it with rewarding upgrades, good story that gets into the action and fantastic controls. It’s very slick and moves the game on quickly without wasting time compared to other games.

Reminds me of a polished and much better graphical Dead Cells with a hint of some progression, risk vs reward ideas of Slay the Spire. Still having a blast at about 7 hours in.

Just made my way through the first three Uncharted games. I had a Xbox 360 back in the day and it's taken me a while. Was fun but Nathan Drake doesn't seem as memorable as some as far as main characters go.

Speaking of old games, I'm about 15 hours into the PS3 version of Ni no Kuni.

I really liked the first Ni No Kuni game (never played the second), the Studio Ghibli influence works really well, including great music, and even if it's a bit simple at times it's hard to go wrong with the pokemon style collect and level up.

Red Dead Redemption 2
Figured I'd give it a go since it's now on Xbox Game Pass. I lasted maybe 10-15 minutes, it's nice to look at, but I found it so boring.

The Last of Us Remastered
Trying to finally finish it before TLOU II comes out

Pac Man CE 2
Not a bad game to kill a few minutes. The neon graphics are a bit blinding though!

Rocket League
Hovering around silver/gold in 2v2 competitive.

Red Dead Redemption 2
Figured I'd give it a go since it's now on Xbox Game Pass. I lasted maybe 10-15 minutes, it's nice to look at, but I found it so boring.

The Last of Us Remastered
Trying to finally finish it before TLOU II comes out

Pac Man CE 2
Not a bad game to kill a few minutes. The neon graphics are a bit blinding though!

Rocket League
Hovering around silver/gold in 2v2 competitive.
RD2 is a great game but they don't care about saving you time. The opening is actually slower than most of the game but it is still 70 hours minimum and it can drag on towards the end, especially if you're just trying to get through the story and instead you need to ride to the other side of the map for a 1 minute chat and back again.

RD2 is a great game but they don't care about saving you time. The opening is actually slower than most of the game but it is still 70 hours minimum and it can drag on towards the end, especially if you're just trying to get through the story and instead you need to ride to the other side of the map for a 1 minute chat and back again.

I don't know why, I like the other open world games from over the years (GTA obviously, Saints Row, Godfather and other offshoots from over the years). I even liked GUN from Activision from 05/06 or so............ Yet RDR/RDR2 don't grab me. Western films are not my favourite but I've watched a few.

I found the first RDR a chore as well.

I really liked the first Ni No Kuni game (never played the second), the Studio Ghibli influence works really well, including great music, and even if it's a bit simple at times it's hard to go wrong with the pokemon style collect and level up.

Yeah, you summed it up I reckon. You're right the music is awesome.

It's not revolutionary or anything but it's a really enjoyable game to play.

I've got the second one and will give it a go after this.

I don't know why, I like the other open world games from over the years (GTA obviously, Saints Row, Godfather and other offshoots from over the years). I even liked GUN from Activision from 05/06 or so............ Yet RDR/RDR2 don't grab me. Western films are not my favourite but I've watched a few.

I found the first RDR a chore as well.

It takes a while to get going but if you have the time and the patience then I think it's a deadset masterpiece. The detail is immense and the story got hold of me.

And I don't really like the whole wild west theme either.

Hades on pc. It’s an isometric roguelike hack and slash from the makers of Bastion. I’m loving it with rewarding upgrades, good story that gets into the action and fantastic controls. It’s very slick and moves the game on quickly without wasting time compared to other games.

Reminds me of a polished and much better graphical Dead Cells with a hint of some progression, risk vs reward ideas of Slay the Spire. Still having a blast at about 7 hours in.
it sounded good and then you mentioned dead cells AND slay the spire. gonna have to go get it straight after knock off now

Wish Rockstar give the same attention to the single player like they do with the online stuff would love more quests and story dlc with John Marston

Played Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord early access for a bit today.

Theres a good game in there somewhere and I think it will end up being pretty solid. I'll probably just fire it up every few months to check out the progress rather then sinking too much time into it right now.

GTA IV on the Xbox 360. Would be about the 7th or 8th time I’ve replayed it. Never gave the DLC stories a go, so thinking I might do that once I finish the main story. Any recommendations for which one to play first?

Got RDR2 on the go again on PS4. Doesn’t seem as good on the second playthrough. Every mission just seems to involve a violent shootout (which is cool, but gets repetitive).

Got about halfway through Uncharted 4 but lost interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still play quite a lot of PUBG despite the devs doing everything they can to destroy the game, recently even adding bots. * me...

Also just discovered Parkitect which I love and want to get better at. I've seen some guys out there make unbelievable parks and I wanna get on that level. Early days though.

I've gotten a bit sick of playing the same old multiplayer games on PS4. I've gone back to my Nintendo consoles and am currently in the middle of my Mario Galaxy replay. Mario Kart is also addictive as well.

Lost Legacy was annoying me so back into SOtTR. Glad I did

Gave my switch to someone so gonna hit some of the games I haven't completed on 3ds.
Bravely Default
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion 2

Yeah, you summed it up I reckon. You're right the music is awesome.

It's not revolutionary or anything but it's a really enjoyable game to play.

I've got the second one and will give it a go after this.

A lot of people like it but to me NNK2 seems like a forced / unneccessary entry to the series. It doesn't have the Studio Ghibli charm and the core game-play omits battling with familiars and splits it into a hack and slash with lifeless side things. I really wish they had waited before making this game.

Just finished Kingdom Hearts 3.

I never played the first 2 so i didn't get the story one bit. BUT i couldn't understand anything and got sooooooo bored i skipped 70% of the storyline.

Late reply but FWIW I don't think even the creators of the series understood what they were writing. KH lore is terrible.

Currently half my way through my Hard mode playthrough of FF7R. The combat/gameplay really shines in hard mode but the walking simulator parts hamper the games replayability a lot. Anyway I'm slowly getting closer the that Platinum Trophy.

Also been picked up NBA 2K20 cheap and been playing it on the side. I suck quite a bit and find it frustrating the controls never seem to do what I want them to. Not a fan of the powerstick system, dribble maneuvers and shoot on the same stick was a reall bad move. Some of training drills in myplayer are infuriating too. Anyway somehow I'm still having fun so I'll stick at and see if I can git gud.

A lot of people like it but to me NNK2 seems like a forced / unneccessary entry to the series. It doesn't have the Studio Ghibli charm and the core game-play omits battling with familiars and splits it into a hack and slash with lifeless side things. I really wish they had waited before making this game.

I'm at the last boss of NNK now so I'll check out 2. Doesn't sound good though. The stuff you mention is a lot of the stuff I like.

More of a general comment but it's a great time to be a gamer, especially during these times when pennies have to be pinched a bit harder.

Game Pass is amazing value, and now Epic are becoming pretty aggressive with giving away AAA titles in recent times.

Backlog has never been bigger!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back