What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Valhalla is far less obnoxious with side missions so it's easier to digest but it's still a lengthy grind. The side missions(mysteries) they do have are good though because the mission is usually quick and easy and in the same vicinity you start it in, it's not the same fetch/assassinate quests that Origin and Odyessy give you every 5 seconds.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's still a massive grind though. I fell off when they gave me a 2nd form of river raiding with a new currency. It's like one of those massive burgers that seem like a good idea on paper but in the end are so bloody hard to eat it spoils it.

Currently playing Spider-Man remastered on ps5.
It looks absolutely gorgeous. What a game. Can’t believe I’ve only just waited until now to play it.
Yeah that was awesome. Miles morales is great as well. Trailer for spiderman 2 is an absolutely brilliant tease.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just started The Evil Within.

Really enjoying it so far. It’s nicely challenging and it feels rewarding when you advance through to the next stage.

It’s exactly the type of horror game I crave and would love most.
Good game. I almost finished it but there was one part I got up to and I couldn’t beat it because I had no ammo and I couldn’t load up an earlier game.

Finally taking the plunge and sinking my teeth into another massive JRPG.

This time Dragon Quest XI which is on GamePass.
Absolutely loving it so far, am up to the desert area and the young prince quests are hilarious, genuinely laughing at some of the dialogue and the delivery is superb.

The game really hits on just about every level, I don't mind a grind and really enjoy tinkering with items etc.

The story so far is pretty standard, but the characters and quests have been very enjoyable.

A little easy which is a shame, but not a huge gripe as there's plenty to do so being able to breeze through it is OK.

I know I've got a long way to go, but so far so good.

Finally taking the plunge and sinking my teeth into another massive JRPG.

This time Dragon Quest XI which is on GamePass.
Absolutely loving it so far, am up to the desert area and the young prince quests are hilarious, genuinely laughing at some of the dialogue and the delivery is superb.

The game really hits on just about every level, I don't mind a grind and really enjoy tinkering with items etc.

The story so far is pretty standard, but the characters and quests have been very enjoyable.

A little easy which is a shame, but not a huge gripe as there's plenty to do so being able to breeze through it is OK.

I know I've got a long way to go, but so far so good.
The Draconian stronger monsters setting really fix the difficulty but make it a hell of a lot grindier as well.

Kind of wished it could be toggled at times. It really kept me on my toes even during random encounters but there were a number of bosses where I had little choice to go off and grind and then come back to them.

If I ever get around to replaying I'm going to play easy mode and use everyones sub-optimal weapons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Civ fans check out Humankind, release next week.
Have you played it yet?

Reviews are saying it feels like a Civ sequel

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Have you played it yet?

Reviews are saying it feels like a Civ sequel
Have played nearly 80 hours of Humankind over most of the difficulties - its a fun game with a lot of replayability, but there are things that need to be worked on due to either a lack of clarity in the UI (unit LOS being a big one), things not being explained well in tooltips (like how influence works to affect other players) or are very underdeveloped (like the faith mechanics) but I believe some/most are being addressed in the patch released earlier today

FWIW I've seen a number of content creators on YT and people on reddit say its better than Civ 6

Have played nearly 80 hours of Humankind over most of the difficulties - its a fun game with a lot of replayability, but there are things that need to be worked on due to either a lack of clarity in the UI (unit LOS being a big one), things not being explained well in tooltips (like how influence works to affect other players) or are very underdeveloped (like the faith mechanics) but I believe some/most are being addressed in the patch released earlier today

FWIW I've seen a number of content creators on YT and people on reddit say its better than Civ 6
Really Civ 6 was pretty ******* good

From what I have read the micro management of cities is less in HK which is good and the victory mode is better

Really Civ 6 was pretty ******* good

From what I have read the micro management of cities is less in HK which is good and the victory mode is better
That's actually one of the major things that I think needs work in HK.

The default way to end the game is one of a number of different victory conditions, and the one that I ended up completing most in my early games (before I changed what triggered the end of the game) is to finish all the end techs (there's 4 of them iirc), but because of the way that the game works I was finishing those before I even had the chance to accumulate the necessary resources to build late game units.

Another of the ways the game ends (too much pollution) has been incredibly poorly explained and controlled within the game - although this is one of the major things supposed to be addressed in today's patch

Still slogging through Last of Us 2.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Too much exposition, cut scenes and plot threads to tie together for it not to have turned out super bloated

Would have made a wicked movie though

The best example I can think of why movies and games should never converge into 1 and always stay distinct

This review basically echoes my thoughts, though I would give it higher than 7 because when it's good, it's ridiculously good

Still slogging through Last of Us 2.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Too much exposition, cut scenes and plot threads to tie together for it not to have turned out super bloated

Would have made a wicked movie though

The best example I can think of why movies and games should never converge into 1 and always stay distinct

This review basically echoes my thoughts, though I would give it higher than 7 because when it's good, it's ridiculously good

How about a TV Show? :p

Although it’s a HBO production so you know it’s going to be good :D

I have been playing through another Naughty Dog series in Uncharted 1-3 recently. Ridiculously good games.

12 minutes a good idea ruined by a s**t story
Assassin's Creed Origins, enjoying it , pretty big game

The artful escape, started this yesterday, Aussie developer and quite a good musical platform/adventure game so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back