What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like I've got a lot of catching up to do....I've only just started watching Suits, very late to the party.

Season 3 now....been told the last 2 seasons are woeful
Agree with that.
The early seasons were good but I just couldn't see it through.

So, Gray Man.

Really enjoyed it with some good acting. A little bit John Wicks with the killing, but a good story. Ending fell short, IMHO, but this may have been a set up for a sequel.
Not a fan of Chris Evans at all, but Billy Bob Thornton and Ryan Gosling were good.
Well worth a look.

Oh, and it seems there is a TV series of Interview With A Vampire on the way around October.

I really enjoyed Evans in Gray Man, he was certainly enjoying himself
I can certainly see why you have that impression. I did not really like him in Captain America, either. I guess he is just one of those actors I have a set against for some unknown reason. Di Caprio is another, although I cannot deny his talent.

Marvel seem to have a heavy schedule over the next 3 years. Just reading through a list of no less than 21 movies and TV series due for release through to 2025. Another couple of Avengers movies to go with Black Panther, Guardians, Daredevil, Loki, etc. And a new Iron Man (woman) called Ironheart.

I am almost done with Marvel, but will probably watch a couple of these if I don't die of boredom first.

I can certainly see why you have that impression. I did not really like him in Captain America, either. I guess he is just one of those actors I have a set against for some unknown reason. Di Caprio is another, although I cannot deny his talent.

Marvel seem to have a heavy schedule over the next 3 years. Just reading through a list of no less than 21 movies and TV series due for release through to 2025. Another couple of Avengers movies to go with Black Panther, Guardians, Daredevil, Loki, etc. And a new Iron Man (woman) called Ironheart.

I am almost done with Marvel, but will probably watch a couple of these if I don't die of boredom first.
So far the best stuff they've done since End game is a couple of the shows on Disney and Shang Chi

Di Caprio is another, although I cannot deny his talent.

I used to find Di Caprio fairly paint by numbers - like he certainly wasn't bad but when everyone used to whine about him not having won an Oscar I used to think it was fair enough because he was capable without being exceptional. Changed my tune a little when finding out in that scene in Django Unchained where he smashed that glass with his hand and is bleeding that he actually smashed that glass with his hand and just acted through it. Have to admire that. He also improvised the final line in Don't Look Up - which was pretty damn poignant. I mean it was no 'like tears in rain' but still pretty damn good.

I used to find Di Caprio fairly paint by numbers - like he certainly wasn't bad but when everyone used to whine about him not having won an Oscar I used to think it was fair enough because he was capable without being exceptional. Changed my tune a little when finding out in that scene in Django Unchained where he smashed that glass with his hand and is bleeding that he actually smashed that glass with his hand and just acted through it. Have to admire that. He also improvised the final line in Don't Look Up - which was pretty damn poignant. I mean it was no 'like tears in rain' but still pretty damn good.
Funny thing is, the movie he actually won an Oscar for (The Revenant) and his acting in it were pretty average. You could definitely argue his Django performance was Oscar worthy though!

Never used to like him, but he's grown on me. Same with Matt Damon. (Both of which were great in The Departed!)

Funny thing is, the movie he actually won an Oscar for (The Revenant) and his acting in it were pretty average. You could definitely argue his Django performance was Oscar worthy though!

Never used to like him, but he's grown on me. Same with Matt Damon. (Both of which were great in The Departed!)
real suffering for your art vibes around the Revenant

Oscars love that

oh you got covered in mud and it looks like it wouldn't have been fun making that movie, that must be worth an Oscar!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you on the Brit cop shows! Have you watched "Vigil"
No, I haven't. The mere fact you mention it, it sounds like it is worth a look.

Here is another one: My Son starring James McAvoy.

Last edited:
Agree with you on the Brit cop shows! Have you watched "Vigil"
Watched Vigil. Excellent. Thanks for the tip.:thumbsu:

If you can hack foreign shows, Norway have produced a TV series called Beforeigners. People from the past pop up in the waters in modern day Oslo. Lots of Vikings. They are assimilated into society, to a point. I guess you are a citizen of the country no matter what year you were born, even if it was 1000 years ago.

I recall a similar beginning to a show in the US where people from the future popped up in the sea off the coast. Can't remember much about it because I quickly lost interest.

I guess the Norwegians can't be accused of plagiarism if they change the visitors to those from the past.

Not what I would call a brilliant exciting show, but off-beat enough to keep watching.

Started watching The Sandman. Looks pretty good from one episode. Yes, we are talking about THE Sandman. Captured by a stray spell and escapes after nearly 100 years.

Also watched the first episode of Moonhaven. Not sure about this one. Stars Dominic Monaghan (Meriadoc Brandybuck) who I think is a very ordinary actor. At first I was going to give it the big flick but the last few minutes of the show it got interesting. Still not sure but worth another episode at least.

Update: The Sandman is well worth a look. Good show.

Last edited:
Prey 2022. Just when you thought a franchise is totally spent, another pops up. This time the Predator makes a return. Set in US in 1791, the predator takes on Commanche indians and some French trappers.

Actually not a bad movie and probably the best of them since Arnie blew up the first one. Some great scenery and pretty good acting.

What I find a bit odd with some of these movies, is that they come with subtitles for different languages. This movie is presented in English, but you can select the English subtitle track. Some dialogue is spoken on Commanche and some in French. The sub-title track displays the Commanche and the French text. It doesn't translate. Fortunately, there was very little Commanche and you could deduce what was said. Lucky for me I can still, after all these years, interpret the meaning of the French text. Even if you can't, you will not lose track of the plot.

After a long wait, I finally got to see Top Gun Maverick. Whilst quite enjoyable, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was the same movie as the original.

Sad to see Val Kilmer looking like he does now. Whilst some may have different views, his part in the script was necessary to put some context around Pete Mitchell's "career''.

After a long wait, I finally got to see Top Gun Maverick. Whilst quite enjoyable, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was the same movie as the original.

Sad to see Val Kilmer looking like he does now. Whilst some may have different views, his part in the script was necessary to put some context around Pete Mitchell's "career''.
You may have some point up until the “very” last action scene (trying not to give spoilers away) with which was outstanding. Its also a lot about being able to see the fighter jets filmed on an imax camera which we likely won’t get for another 20 years.

Samaritan. Sylvester Stallone's take on the super hero phase. Not a blockbuster, but eminently worth watching if you are a Stallone fan.

Agree to disagree on this one - honestly felt like it was written by the 13 year old kid in it. Even though I turned it off after about 30 minutes I picked the ending also - I love that Wikipedia can always clarify that for me rather than me having to watch all the movie. I was disappointed as I love a bad action film - but this was just boring. And I say this as someone who has Rocky IV in his top 5 films.

Still not as bad as the Venom sequel - watched that last week and I was angry about how bad it was. Even Woody couldn't redeem it.

Agree to disagree on this one - honestly felt like it was written by the 13 year old kid in it. Even though I turned it off after about 30 minutes I picked the ending also - I love that Wikipedia can always clarify that for me rather than me having to watch all the movie. I was disappointed as I love a bad action film - but this was just boring. And I say this as someone who has Rocky IV in his top 5 films.

Still not as bad as the Venom sequel - watched that last week and I was angry about how bad it was. Even Woody couldn't redeem it.
Haha, yeah, the ending was entirely predictable fairly early on. I did say it was no blockbuster, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Most of Sly's movies fall into this category. Worth watching, but no blockbuster. I feel his movies as an older guy are more enjoyable. EG Rambo (2008) - the one situated in Thailand/Burma. Probably his best film. Creed was enjoyable, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back