What are you listening to right now? - Part 1 (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANGRY CUBE IS BEST CUBE!!!

One of three new tracks from the "Death Certificate 25th Edition" release...

Don't recall AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted getting a 25th anniversary release. :p

#TeamDeathCertificate

I like the track, but I'm sure about adding brand new songs to a classic like this.

Don't recall AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted getting a 25th anniversary release. :p

#TeamDeathCertificate

I like the track, but I'm sure about adding brand new songs to a classic like this.

Yeah, the re-release doesn't need any new tracks. But, I guess, they had to make it feel like less of a naked cash grab, lol. It's the first real Cube track I've heard in over 20 years, tho.

He gave it to Bill Maher the other night over his use of the "N-word" recently. s**t, given the social and political turmoil over there, we even might see Cube return to his fast and furious best. It'd be the greatest comeback since LL!

Even though their both five mic classics, my mate and I would argue endlessly about which album was better. He was West Coast so, of course, he went with that Death Certificate funk. But I was East Coast and on that Bomb Squad s**t.

Ah, the dumb s**t you'd get all heated about when you're young and dumb, lol.

Also, AMW had the best skit...

#TeamAMW

Hey has anyone seen the Dave Navarro doco called Mourning Son? If so, any good?

Yeah, the re-release doesn't need any new tracks. But, I guess, they had to make it feel like less of a naked cash grab, lol. It's the first real Cube track I've heard in over 20 years, tho.

He gave it to Bill Maher the other night over his use of the "N-word" recently. s**t, given the social and political turmoil over there, we even might see Cube return to his fast and furious best. It'd be the greatest comeback since LL!
Yeah when certain social/political issues close to his heart arise, he usually lets loose.
While not at the lofty heights of his early stuff, this is still Cube.

the dumb s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this album (Lethal Injection) is not seen in the same light as it predecessors for obvious reasons, but I still enjoy it.

Despite toning down his social/political views significantly to no doubt indulge the gangsta rap of the time, I still dig those g-funk vibes.

Last edited:
Aw s**t. I'm on a cube trip now.

You've set me off on one, too, lol. Lethal Injection is awright - a bit hit and miss - but mainly, it just pales in comparison to the monster albums (and EP) before it. Though as the time, I was like "what's this G-Funk lite s**t? Just gave Dre a buzz, farken!"

My two favourite Ice Cube tracks

That opening track really was like a bomb going off. "Oh, s**t."

Just started watching Hip-Hop Evolution on Netflix. Basically, an oral history of hip-hop. Probably nothing you don't already know. But you're hearing it straight from all the legends.

The old schoolers are pretty f@%king funny, especially Grandmaster Caz and Melle Mel. DMC is a crack-up, too.

He shares a great anecdote about hearing Rakim for the first time. This is around Raisin' Hell time when Run DMC are the undisputed kingz of rock. He pops the tape in his car stereo, listens to R's flow and knows "it's over" for them.

And it pretty much was. Even though Tougher Than Leather was huge, they were left behind. The biggest hip-hop act was largely irrelevant.

The Golden Age in full effect, boyee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back