What Are your thoughts on People who don't Drink?

Remove this Banner Ad

I might have one scotch a year at most. I couldn't care less if others want to drink but it's never appealed to me.

the only appropriate reason as far as i'm conerned would be if it is health related.

My In-laws come from families where all their brothers and sisters are alcoholics - that seemed to be a good reason to me - its really weird though they do strange things like put red wine in the fridge - no idea at all

the only appropriate reason as far as i'm conerned would be if it is health related.

Nah, they're just gutless, Kooley.

Many a night I've gone to the Westside at Laverton Nth and witnessed an old truckie having a heart turn and said "drink up, pops....ya lettin' the side down"...

You'd be surprised how often it made a difference. ;)

I drink, so that's not my issue with your post, but it just strikes me as one of the biggest crocks of s**t I've ever read on BF.

On the other hand, if the intention of the author of the OP was to draw out clowns like the guy above, I may have been to hasty in canning the thread. :thumbsu:

I'll trust and mistrust whomsoever I like thank you very much.

If the intention of the author was to have a serious discussion then I may have been too hasty in replying to the thread. I thought it was a pisstake.

I went a whole year without drinking. Was a bit hard explaining to people why but on a whole it didn't really affect me socially.

I still don't drink much around my footy club, mostly because its a decent drive home.

Was at a dinner party a few weeks back and didn't want to drink alcohol. Apart from having to drive home, i just didn't feel like drinking at all.
I was basically treated like a weirdo. Everyone kept asking whats wrong? Am I sick? why am I being so uptight? etc etc.

A simple "no" just isn't enough.

If you don't drink you're a social outcast.

First thought that springs too my mind is free lift home, let them not drink, as long as they are their too drive you home at the end of the night ;)

I've got a mate who never drinks, but refuses to drive too under the pretext that "why should i drive just because i'm not drinking".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never had a problem being the skipper, i enjoyed the night out with the fellas and didn't mind driving.

I don't know!!

On the one or two nights of my life since early adolesence that I have been relatively sober, I have found drunk people to be obnoxious twats who need a good slap.

I dips my lid to you sir.:thumbsu:

I used to get blind drunk every weekend, i enjoyed my nights out i think, but i cant remember half of them.
I now have 3 or 4 drinks when i go out and i find i have so much more fun, i can remember what happened for a start and i actually have the ability to concentrate on a conversation.

I have a family friend who doesnt drink at all and he is great to have at parties, he is funny and acts like an idiot all without alcohol.
It doesnt bother me if people drink or not its their choice :)

As long as they aren't holier-than-thou I don't really care. Much like vegos and religious people.

You know, that pretty much goes for everything. Such as followers of footy teams who haven't yet been drawn into the drugs scandal (and I am not referring to any specific team).

Dave Hughes doesn't drink, hasn't since he was 20. Said he wasn't very good at, so he stopped.
I did hear that a while back but he just appears to be drunk 24/7 anyway so it doesn't matter:D

I drink fairly often and pretty hard but i get annoyed when small minded people use the time honoured terms 'wowser' or 'tea-totler' to belittle those who don't drink!

ive got no problem. the only time i have a problem is when they give me s**t for drinking, or they dont but think they're better because they don't. other than that, i dont mind at all. the only thing is that when you're out drinking and there's one person there who's not drinking, they get pretty annoying lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back