What bullshit is this??? Trek-Segafredo

Remove this Banner Ad

It's also being reported on Cycling News.

I could understand them sacking him for posting something genuinely offensive, but neither of his tweets come within a million miles of that standard. Being terminally brain dead (i.e. a Trumper) shouldn't be a disqualification for a job where the only requirement is the ability to ride a bike really fast.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was completely unnecessary for him to get involved as the initial tweet wasn't even directed at him, but to suspend him over those two tweets is way over the top.

A talking to by the team bosses and/or social media manager was all that was required if they just wanted him to not be "divisive"

Agree, how does anybody keep up with emojis these days. He took the obvious bait from a Dutch cycling Journo and has lost his job as a result. High 5's around the office at the Dutch magazine for sucking in a junior pro and ruining his career. And people wonder why anyone with a public profile hires media managers to run their accounts and post up sanitised BS instead of genuine feedback.

What's the betting he did it on his phone and just tapped the first handwave emoji that came up? I would.

👋

omg racist to Simpsons

brb just going to pre-emptively cancel myself
Yellow emojis are the default on every device (including the emojis included with Windows). The only way a brown emoji is the default is if you specifically set it that way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back