What do you like about Movie X?

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
Movie X as in any movie and what is it that you like about it? Be it one thing or more.

I really like the Movie Point Break. Just the last few years it's really clicked on what Bodie was and what he brings to the world and what he represents. Not just the adrenaline junkie part but his spirit. His way of thinking.

'' Why be a servant to the law. When you can be it's master ''

And Not word for word but something like

'' It's basic dog pyschology. If you project strength and get them peeing down their legs ''

'' all those dead souls in their metal coffins going down the freeway ''

'' we show them that the human spirit is still alive ''

I like the fact that he wasn't going to be led by anyone or anything. He wouldn't be stood over, He wouldn't be a target. Not a slave to the government and society. He was a 1 percenter, but in his own way. Very spiritual.

Patrick Swayze was a talented actor and appeared in some absolute rippers. Ghost, Dirty Dancing ( not my cup of tea but it was a box office hit ) and Roadhouse among others.

And as for the movie itself. It's in my top 10. Would have made a killing upon it's release. How good was Keeanu Reeves? Lori Petty was Petty damn good too.

Silence of the Lambs

• the grainy, dark look and feel. Whatever film they filmed it on was legit perfection.
  • the cast; from the main characters to the support cast down to the extras. Even the crime scene photos. Spot on.
  • the fact its not your run of the mill thriller. One of the serial killers is already in prison, yet his mere presence is absolutely terrifying.
  • the script, etc to the running time bang on 2 hours, is also perfect. I have read the book- which I was less than impressed with. How they adapted the book to the screenplay was 10/10.
  • and the climax x 2.

Silence of the Lambs

• the grainy, dark look and feel. Whatever film they filmed it on was legit perfection.
  • the cast; from the main characters to the support cast down to the extras. Even the crime scene photos. Spot on.
  • the fact its not your run of the mill thriller. One of the serial killers is already in prison, yet his mere presence is absolutely terrifying.
  • the script, etc to the running time bang on 2 hours, is also perfect. I have read the book- which I was less than impressed with. How they adapted the book to the screenplay was 10/10.
  • and the climax x 2.
I think I'll watch this soon. Thanks.

Agreed. It's a quality flick and one of the best of the 90's. As a kid I remember the talk about it and how horrifying it was. I couldn't wait to watch it.

Hanibal Rising is gruesome but good. A good understanding of how he became who he became. That young Hannibal is a creppy, sinister strange looking unit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back