What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

People who use their kids as an excuse to not be at work. I swear to god with the immune systems some of these kids allegedly have it's a wonder they're not dead.
Kids in daycare pick up every bug going around. It's a breeding ground. Then they get sent home to try to limit the outbreak. You can't exactly tell them to put the telly on, make yourself some lunch and mum/dad will be home at five...

Kids in daycare pick up every bug going around. It's a breeding ground. Then they get sent home to try to limit the outbreak. You can't exactly tell them to put the telly on, make yourself some lunch and mum/dad will be home at five...
Well as may be but I'm not buying it in this case. She was at work Monday then her child took ill on Melbourne Cup day, continued to be too ill yesterday but is back at school today. Riiiiight. How very convenient. It's not the first time even recently that this poor child has been sick for just two days which is incidentally exactly the period you can take leave for without having to have some kind of verification for said illness.

People who use their kids as an excuse to not be at work. I swear to god with the immune systems some of these kids allegedly have it's a wonder they're not dead.

Does it come out of the employees sick/personal leave?

Good question. There's 'carer's leave' but at the end of the day I'm not sure.

Id assume management would begin to ask questions if the pattern continues and a large amount of leave is taken each year?

Public service mate. If you've got it you can take it.

Ahh I see,
I had a foot operation in my second year of my current job. took 5 days I think sick leave.
End of the year they call me in saying they are concerned about how much leave im taking, I had to actually point out to them that it was for 1 item and I didn't take a sick day in my first year or the remainder of that year. Id assumed that may be fairly common, but private company so different to you.

God just thinking about it shits me.

Ahh I see,
I had a foot operation in my second year of my current job. took 5 days I think sick leave.
End of the year they call me in saying they are concerned about how much leave im taking, I had to actually point out to them that it was for 1 item and I didn't take a sick day in my first year or the remainder of that year. Id assumed that may be fairly common, but private company so different to you.

God just thinking about it shits me.
Concerned about 5 days? ******* lol. Even for a private company that's a joke.

Concerned about 5 days? ******* lol. Even for a private company that's a joke.

tell me about it, first office job, 2nd year in and get called in for that.

Sadly still here so I cant say I told them where to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Metaphorical snakes who undermine their colleagues to get ahead

Whilst I agree, that is s**t, my current workplace has had three REAL snakes in the last two weeks.

Daycare is a petrie dish. I didn't have gastro for 20 years and then had it 3 times in a year, including twice in a week, along with my kids. Good times!

Personal leave is personal leave, you get 10 days per year and five can be taken non-consecutively with other days off without a medical certificate or a stat dec. After that you can get unpaid personal time or use your annual leave. Carer's leave, sick leave, mental health days all come out of personal leave.

^standard awards anyway, under the no worse off thing they can negotiate that stuff to be more or less or under different circumstances etc.

Refinancing my homeloan

My own bank didn't want to know about me saying I don't meet their specs, spoke to 3 rival banks and they are jumping over each other to get me offering close to 2x the amount I am asking for.

Banks, Banks s**t me

Whilst I agree, that is s**t, my current workplace has had three REAL snakes in the last two weeks.

We are doing some building works at the school I work at, which has unearthed some interesting stuff. One day there was a decent sized Brown snake lurking around. Got the snake guy in, he did some tracking work. Turns out there were multiple brown snakes, likely 4-5 all living under the building that has just begun to be demolished.

Ballarat voted over 70% support for Marriage Equality and the Mayor (who's backed by the Liberal Pafty) will not fly a Rainbow flag in support of her own community. Apparently it's divisive, she's stated. Pathetic.
That's how Sophie Mirabella lost her seat. Too busy with Liberal stuff to do Albury/Wodonga stuff. First things first: you are a REPRESENTATIVE of your constituents first.

That's how Sophie Mirabella lost her seat. Too busy with Liberal stuff to do Albury/Wodonga stuff. First things first: you are a REPRESENTATIVE of your constituents first.
Apparently draping one over your shoulders out the front of the office shows widespread community support. For 2 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back