What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

It was actually The Reject Shop believe it or not, not a supermarket.

I was in there grabbing a decorative box for a gift. I wandered in the general direction of where I needed to go, and could sort of see that one of the aisles/corners had people in it, so I approached from the other way.

Anyways, I turn the corner in to the aisle I need to go to, and here is this thong wearing (the shoe, too horrible to contemplate the alternative), fat, bogan tub of western suburb s**t stain. Standing in the aisle, trolley perpendicular to her blocking the entire aisle, talking in bogan speak to an equally fat, equally hideous bushpig. And both acting in a way that says they are completely oblivious to what they are doing - or just don't give a s**t - and its going to require a significant effort to get them to budge.

Normally I'm pretty good at controlling my physical reaction to the annoyance, but this time I wasn't - and I'm aware that this did contribute to what is to come.

Anyway, I assess the situation, sigh in annoyance, and go around the aisle and approach from the other end to get what I need - visibly irritated at the complete lack of awareness (or lack of care) demonstrated by tub-o-lard.

Two minutes later I'm standing in the queue to pay for my goods, and the queue is one of those snake-style setups. Anyways, all of a sudden I'm aware of the cottage cheese looking bovine, sneering at me from the other side of the queue.

"You got a ******* problem hero?".

Now I'm not proud of this, but as soon as I realised this haggis was actually trying to have a go at me, the red mist descended.

I can't remember my exact words, but it was something along the lines of "keep your fat ******* mouth closed you inbred pig".

She retorted with some broken bogan English drivel, to which I responded that she can go **** herself and the line allowed me to go up and buy my goods.

Turns out that the pig had a partner, an equally boganesque guy that followed me out of the store, screaming at me "what the **** did you say campaigner?".

I tried to keep walking, but told him to **** off, and the next thing he's grabbed me by the shoulder, lined me up and taken a swing at me.

Bloke was about 170cms (a tad smaller than I), so I stepped back out of reach and responded by cracking him in the face/cheek and left him slumped and bleeding against the glass wall.

Much bogan howling ensued, and I left the shopping centre.

The end.
Nothing more Aussie Bogan than getting in a punch on at the Reject Shop.

Outstanding

Actually had a supermarket one two days ago. I was after whipping cream to top some portuguese tarts I was going to make, * yeah.

Two girls crossed over in front of me on my way to the fridge, an aussie girl and a french sounding one. The Aussie one was explaining the different types of bacon "we" use in Australia, and asking "what are you making, carbonara yeah?". They beat me to the cream cabinet and stood there, turns out they were in the market for the same product I was. The aussie girl mouth agape "Whipping cream... do you mean thick cream? We usually just use thickened cream in Australia"

I wondered at that moment if I should step in and help, maybe try to salvage a little of our country's culinary reputation, but I thought it might be a bit weird. I thought frenchy sounded like she knew what she was on about, so I figured she would explain it eventually and they'd be on their way. Once I'd done that though, I had no option but to let it play out as to step in so late would've been even weirder. I even walked away for a bit to see what was in the other sections of fridge, contrary to my usual strategy of leaving frozen and refrigerated products til last and then racing to finish my shop once I start on them.

It must have taken at least 3-4 minutes for the frenchie to work up the courage to highlight her guide's foolishness and just reach into the fridge and take the product clearly marked "whipping cream", during which other questions were asked about products the aussie girl had no idea about, and when the cream came out and they started to vacate the refrigerator front the aussie girl said "Oh... it probably doesn't help that I'm the world's worst cook" and I bit my lip once more thinking "Yes. You clearly are."

Mercurial89 makes a great point about stressing on stuff like this. ATM life is great and I can and did let something like this pass over without too much concern. I had portuguese tarts to come home to, * yeah.

People standing still on escalators though, THAT SHITS ME!

No problem as long as they keep to the left.

The worst is when its peak hour, they push through the gradually forming line so they can be first, only to stop, look down, and tentatively step onto the escalator, like they are making the leap between two speeding cars.
Then they proceed to stand there banking up the entire escalator leaving people stranded on the platform, meaning people cant get off the trains, then you have people already on the platform trying to push onto the train without waiting for people to get off. Then throw in the time of day and possible 40 degree weather resulting in further delays to trains and irritable commuters. Utter chaos.

All because one person didn't want to move over or get some exercise.

The ads on here that you accidentally press while scrolling and they turn into a video that requires 4/5 exit clicks to escape then you do it again 3 seconds later.

THAT SHITS ME

It was actually The Reject Shop believe it or not, not a supermarket.

I was in there grabbing a decorative box for a gift. I wandered in the general direction of where I needed to go, and could sort of see that one of the aisles/corners had people in it, so I approached from the other way.

Anyways, I turn the corner in to the aisle I need to go to, and here is this thong wearing (the shoe, too horrible to contemplate the alternative), fat, bogan tub of western suburb s**t stain. Standing in the aisle, trolley perpendicular to her blocking the entire aisle, talking in bogan speak to an equally fat, equally hideous bushpig. And both acting in a way that says they are completely oblivious to what they are doing - or just don't give a s**t - and its going to require a significant effort to get them to budge.

Normally I'm pretty good at controlling my physical reaction to the annoyance, but this time I wasn't - and I'm aware that this did contribute to what is to come.

Anyway, I assess the situation, sigh in annoyance, and go around the aisle and approach from the other end to get what I need - visibly irritated at the complete lack of awareness (or lack of care) demonstrated by tub-o-lard.

Two minutes later I'm standing in the queue to pay for my goods, and the queue is one of those snake-style setups. Anyways, all of a sudden I'm aware of the cottage cheese looking bovine, sneering at me from the other side of the queue.

"You got a ******* problem hero?".

Now I'm not proud of this, but as soon as I realised this haggis was actually trying to have a go at me, the red mist descended.

I can't remember my exact words, but it was something along the lines of "keep your fat ******* mouth closed you inbred pig".

She retorted with some broken bogan English drivel, to which I responded that she can go **** herself and the line allowed me to go up and buy my goods.

Turns out that the pig had a partner, an equally boganesque guy that followed me out of the store, screaming at me "what the **** did you say campaigner?".

I tried to keep walking, but told him to **** off, and the next thing he's grabbed me by the shoulder, lined me up and taken a swing at me.

Bloke was about 170cms (a tad smaller than I), so I stepped back out of reach and responded by cracking him in the face/cheek and left him slumped and bleeding against the glass wall.

Much bogan howling ensued, and I left the shopping centre.

The end.

This reads like a feel good story.

Funnily enough about 18 months ago I took my family up to Bundalong, near the Murray river. We went into Yarrawonga for lunch one day and somehow we ventured into their Reject Shop. Within a minute of being in there two feral pigs started to punch on at the register in front of my terrified 5 & 2 yr old daughters. The kids were so scared. That really, really s**t me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ads on here that you accidentally press while scrolling and they turn into a video that requires 4/5 exit clicks to escape then you do it again 3 seconds later.

THAT SHITS ME
Go whinge about it in the suggestions & feedback board. If you can tell them what website the ad links to or give a screenshot or something Chief can block those ads from coming up.

Go whinge about it in the suggestions & feedback board. If you can tell them what website the ad links to or give a screenshot or something Chief can block those ads from coming up.
Pretty sure it's my fat fingers fault, and the feedback board is scrolling all the way to the bottom. That's a massive risk

Pretty sure it's my fat fingers fault, and the feedback board is scrolling all the way to the bottom. That's a massive risk
well the site should be fat finger friendly :p honestly though other people have commented on it, they're trying to fix it and the more info they have the easier it is to find what the problem is. They shouldn't be invasive.

The demographic rule book on how to think.

Hear me out (oh and scezza easier for me to type here).

More and more I get a sensation that there is an insidious, unspoken rule book that defines and dictates how I should think about certain topics - particularly sensitive topics.

That is, whilst we as a society trumpet the idea that we value freedom of speech, there is really, really, only one acceptable viewpoint on an a given topic. You must think this, and if you don't you're a bigot, homophobe, racist, insert your bad word here.

Pick your topic.

Same sex marriage, Islam, immigration, gender equality...

You MUST think a certain way.

Bugs me.

More and more I get a sensation that there is an insidious, unspoken rule book that defines and dictates how I should think about certain topics - particularly sensitive topics.

That is, whilst we as a society trumpet the idea that we value freedom of speech, there is really, really, only one acceptable viewpoint on an a given topic. You must think this, and if you don't you're a bigot, homophobe, racist, insert your bad word here.

Pick your topic.

Bugs me.
I don't think it's a MUST think a certain way, more of a , if it doesn't affect you and your choice of view could hurt others that just makes that person a campaigner.

Pick your topic.

Bugs me.
People really only trumpet 'freedom of speech' when their viewpoint is a minority one.

Most of those topics have multiple, viable viewpoints and they are perfectly acceptable ones. The main thing that people are against, I think, is ignorance and campaigners. Particularly ignorant campaigners.

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Everyone is also allowed to have an opinion on your opinion, and if your opinion is that of an ignorant campaigner, you're going to get called out on it.

I don't think it's a MUST think a certain way, more of a , if it doesn't affect you and your choice of view could hurt others that just makes that person a campaigner.

I don't think one persons single view defines that person.

We are also seeing that if you hold a contrary opinion you are not allowed to justify that stance. You are lumped in with a group of people with a negative label.

Example, if you voted Trump. Which a lot of blue collar workers did, because they were worried about jobs. They are labelled Nazis, that is ridiculous.

People really only trumpet 'freedom of speech' when their viewpoint is a minority one.

Most of those topics have multiple, viable viewpoints and they are perfectly acceptable ones. The main thing that people are against, I think, is ignorance and campaigners. Particularly ignorant campaigners.

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Everyone is also allowed to have an opinion on your opinion, and if your opinion is that of an ignorant campaigner, you're going to get called out on it.

I question if this is the case sometimes.
There is a reason that there has been silent majorities waiting in the wings to swing elections, polls and results.

They remain silent and don't talk in the open because they are concerned about holding an opinion that is contrary to the majority. The few that do speak out are quite often criticised or labelled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back