What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

Insomnia
Over two weeks now...
Though last night I think I discovered a good trick: imagining that I was chomping through a halal snack pack. Worked almost straight away. Particularly random as I've never actually eaten a HSP.

You can’t make this s**t up.

So I’m going to admit, I love watching Married at First Sight.
There I said it.

This morning as I was onto to my second coffee I came up with something that made me giggle. Basically I was trying to think of a way to describe one of the contestants ‘Ines’ and potentially (not 100%) make a post about it on a Facebook page dedicated to MAFS later. What made me giggle? Well I came up with a phrase ‘Ines is about as awesome as a rusted butt plug.’

Now as I said it made me giggle, not sure how many others would’ve and I hadn’t planned to 100% post about it but nonetheless I started googling ‘rusted butt plugs’ on my phone. Now as the morning progresses what with getting ready for work, kids fed, dressed, ready for school I forgot all about the google search.

So I arrive at work and a co-worker starts talking to me about health and fitness. We get into the chat and start going on about kettlebells right and then I remember that I follow a guy in Facebook and Instagram who’s a massive kettle bell swinger and I open up my Facebook and sure enough the last image left on my phone Facebook account was basically a giant ancient bronze disco. My work mate got an eyeful.

Awkward times ensue.

I claim ‘That’s not what I wanted!!’ and he pats me on the shoulder and says ‘Mate, I’m all good’ and walked off.

Now I’m sitting here at work more embarrassed than a virgin who has just seen a vagina for the first time.

* you Ines.

Insomnia
Over two weeks now...
Though last night I think I discovered a good trick: imagining that I was chomping through a halal snack pack. Worked almost straight away. Particularly random as I've never actually eaten a HSP.
I went through a patch of insomnia almost 20 years ago. It seemed everytime I was almost asleep I'd snap awake. There was no pattern to what was getting me to almost asleep and what would keep me awake.

In the end I found concentrating on breathing helped. Slowing my breathing down and breathing deeper, gradually, slower and slower.

It wasn't over night that it changed but gradually sleep came quicker. I still do the same thing if I find myself tossing and turning. It was like re-teaching myself to sleep, and when I concentrate on the same things now the body remembers, I relax, sleep comes.

Good luck because insomnia sucks. Living with fatigue sucks, not being able to sleep when so fatigued is worse, and that's what is so infuriating.

I laughed, but you're not getting a like because
My secret shame was a show Dating in the Dark.

Where they put ugly dudes with good looking women and watch them connect perfectly only for the women to run once the lights come on.

Was a pisser

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's one of them, and I liked being able to access the main board and other club boards via the previous banner at the top.
Try this;

1549681616295.png

Also select threads you've participated in though or it won't work quite right. Then instead of hitting watched threads like you're used to, click 'New posts'.

You can still get to the club boards via the dropdown at the top. It's annoying that all their sub boards are there too now though and yes it seems rather difficult to get to the mb now for some reason.

I saw a TV ad for a show called "Instant Hotel", advertised with "Starts Monday at 9.00"

I could tell by how trashy it looked that it'd be an evening/primetime show, so looked it up to confirm, and yeah, it's 9pm (also known as 21:00 / 21.00 / 9.00pm).

I know it seems trivial, but people are impressionable, particularly those that don't know the correct way to write it.

It's just another example of where language and written standards are casually dropping. It's at a point where news articles have blatant spelling, grammar or punctuation errors and nobody holds anyone accountable.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 50 years, the language used today is largely forgotten.

I saw a TV ad for a show called "Instant Hotel", advertised with "Starts Monday at 9.00"

I could tell by how trashy it looked that it'd be an evening/primetime show, so looked it up to confirm, and yeah, it's 9pm (also known as 21:00 / 21.00 / 9.00pm).

I know it seems trivial, but people are impressionable, particularly those that don't know the correct way to write it.

It's just another example of where language and written standards are casually dropping. It's at a point where news articles have blatant spelling, grammar or punctuation errors and nobody holds anyone accountable.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 50 years, the language used today is largely forgotten.
It’s on Netflix, I’ve seen it. As far as reality tv goes it’s not that bad, and this from someone who refuses point blank to watch most of them.

Victorians complaining about the heat. How adorable.

Melbournians.

Living in Mildura I had a good old giggle at the media losing their s**t over being at 40 degrees before the cool change came through in the afternoon.

I arrived back to Mildura on the 14th of Jan. 9/12 of the next days were above 40 and one of the others was 39.

Melbournians.

Living in Mildura I had a good old giggle at the media losing their s**t over being at 40 degrees before the cool change came through in the afternoon.

I arrived back to Mildura on the 14th of Jan. 9/12 of the next days were above 40 and one of the others was 39.
It’s a different kind of heat in Mildura though. North of the hills 40 is a totally different experience.

Yeah that’s pretty bad. I recently sent feedback to Foxtel that pretty much all of the film summaries/blurbs had terrible grammar and sentence structure. I was pleasantly surprised that they’ve improved a lot since then, coincidentally or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back