List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, after so many people were talking about a new Wayne Carey, I decided to check for myself this arvo. First half is gone and I am still waiting for new Wayne to appear. So far nothing from 2MP.

As For Brodie, I did see him for the first time this season to accelerate from stoppage. Honestly, I was shocked. 31 AF points half time, he got hands on ball (12 disposals (3 kicks), 1 mark, 0 tackle, 4 clearances, 5 contested possessions). Personally, I am still far from convinced how useful his touches are and how he defends. I hope he proves me wrong and can contribute consistently.
Still we shouldn't have given them away for nothing, if anything we should have traded Sexton we may have got something for him to address our deficiencys

You guys still obsessing over the negatives of Brodie to justify giving him away for nothing..

This is only his 30th game! on another post I see we need to let our 75 game players get to 100 games before we see their best so let’s judge Brodie in another 70 games

My call is Brodie will play finals before the suns do

Brodie gets a heap of it but is just another Fiorini imo. Always going lateral or down the line to the contest. Does nothing to break a game open, is a good honest foot solider.
Guess the utility comes in how many times he gets first possession at stoppages and his team get a meaningful clearance as a consequence.

No idea what that answer is. But his round the ground possessions aren’t what he is in the team for.

Guess the utility comes in how many times he gets first possession at stoppages and his team get a meaningful clearance as a consequence.

No idea what that answer is. But his round the ground possessions aren’t what he is in the team for.
He's a better inside mid than Dave Swallow right now anyway:(

Last edited:
You guys still obsessing over the negatives of Brodie to justify giving him away for nothing..

This is only his 30th game! on another post I see we need to let our 75 game players get to 100 games before we see their best so let’s judge Brodie in another 70 games

Taking liberties with what I posted. Or maybe misinterpreting,

I say that as a team we need a proper array of experience, most importantly as a cohesive group. Nothing about players reaching their best after 100 games.

on that front Freo doing very well with a. Relatively inexperienced group.

Agree with your comments about Brodie though. Judge him after an extended run.

I'm not surprised Brisbane fans are talking about it, just like how we will talk about our own former players, but the media don't smash Brisbane for letting Keays go and neither do opposition supporters. That's not the case with us and I believe that's purely to do with on field results. Brisbane have been a top 4 team for the last 3-4 years so no one thinks it's an issue that they let Keays go. You can say the same about GWS with guys like Jack Steele and Josh Bruce who went on to become stars at other clubs but no one slams the Giants for letting them go when they weren't performing while in western Sydney.

If we get things right on field then the criticism will go away.
Brisbane let one good player go. It happens. They're also a top 4 team with limited spots in the best 22 available.

GWS had talent coming out of their ears and had missed out on a spot in the GF by a kick when they lost Steele.

Gold Coast let 5 or 6 go, when they're a bottom 4 team.

There is a huge difference.

Personally, I don't care a bit what we got for him or justify anything. I am just watching footy Sun evening and find fascinating watching him. Just sharing my observations.

It seems Freo are able to compensate for his obvious lack of running, lack of defending, lack of covering ground, limited TOG and really benefiting from his inside work. Yes, he is very good inside. I hope playing regularly improves his tank. Will Freo be exposed against best teams? Who knows. It works well for them right now. Freo midfield also hugely benefits from Sean Darcy. Sean is a monster, playing great.

Freo 4 W 1 L tonight - not difficult to predict Brodie playing finals before Suns. I am joining your call.

Tonight Brodie had lazy 9 clearances, 2 tackles, 26 disposals (8 kicks) with 88.5 disposal efficiency, 11 contested possessions in 63% ToG.

2MP showed virtually nothing.

Last edited:
Still we shouldn't have given them away for nothing, if anything we should have traded Sexton we may have got something for him to address our deficiencys
We received a second round and a fourth round pick for him. Although not great it's hardly nothing.

We received a second round and a fourth round pick for him. Although not great it's hardly nothing.
Brodie plus 2021 pick 19 = future 2nd and future 4th (~pick 30 and pick 60 if Freo continue the way they are going)

You could argue that 2021 pick 19 will end up more valuable than what we get - let alone adding Brodie to it.

Brodie plus 2021 pick 19 = future 2nd and future 4th (~pick 30 and pick 60 if Freo continue the way they are going)

You could argue that 2021 pick 19 will end up more valuable than what we get - let alone adding Brodie to it.
Though you can also argue that pick 19 was pretty useless for us last year cause our list was full after picking Mac Andrew, Greenwood mess not withstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so we really gave up nothing, will basically get nothing but lost a solid young mid coming into his prime
We came out worse in that trade in every way, except for the fact it was a salary dump.

Picks meant nothing to us last year due to our list size, and haven’t for several years. AFL gave us extra picks and no other team wanted to trade for them every year (so we often bundled them together to move up a few spots or just literally threw them away), plus we could take academy players for free. So our list was chockers and we had too many picks.

The fact that MacPherson and Brodie were put up, and only Brodie had takers, really emphasises the position we were in as a club.

Though you can also argue that pick 19 was pretty useless for us last year cause our list was full after picking Mac Andrew, Greenwood mess not withstanding.
The first pick of day 2 has proven very valuable in its own right previously.

Port gave up the pick (with a future 4th) and got 2 second rounders (pick 23, future 2nd) a few years earlier.

So on the basis of that trade alone we got unders for 19.

If the draft played out the way it did, you never know who would be interested. In Matt johnson (or another player) but I could have easily seen a bidding war between Freo, wce and hawthorn.

Even if we couldn’t use it, we may have had the opportunity to extract more value on draft night if we didn’t trade it away with Brodie earlier.

I’ll be interested to see what comes of the 2nd and 4th rounders. Let’s hope they’re put to good use.

The first pick of day 2 has proven very valuable in its own right previously.

Port gave up the pick (with a future 4th) and got 2 second rounders (pick 23, future 2nd) a few years earlier.

So on the basis of that trade alone we got unders for 19.

If the draft played out the way it did, you never know who would be interested. In Matt johnson (or another player) but I could have easily seen a bidding war between Freo, wce and hawthorn.

Even if we couldn’t use it, we may have had the opportunity to extract more value on draft night if we didn’t trade it away with Brodie earlier.

I’ll be interested to see what comes of the 2nd and 4th rounders. Let’s hope they’re put to good use.

My feeling is it’s going to get harder and harder to be drafted as an 18 yo
For me the new black is mid season draftIing,raiding the State Leagues and plundering lists run by rubes🤬
I may be wrong but I reckon clubs will be folding up the card table and screwing the lid back on the thermos after about pick 40 on draft night in future
Which means the 4th rounder is likely to be unused IMO

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No idea what that answer is. But his round the ground possessions aren’t what he is in

We came out worse in that trade in every way, except for the fact it was a salary dump.

Picks meant nothing to us last year due to our list size, and haven’t for several years. AFL gave us extra picks and no other team wanted to trade for them every year (so we often bundled them together to move up a few spots or just literally threw them away), plus we could take academy players for free. So our list was chockers and we had too many picks.

The fact that MacPherson and Brodie were put up, and only Brodie had takers, really emphasises the position we were in as a club.
But why was our list full , we could have got rid off at least 5 list cloggers and kept some draft picks, when is the blame going to be pointed at our list management, even on the weekend you could see huge holes ie key defenders bar Collins

But why was our list full , we could have got rid off at least 5 list cloggers and kept some draft picks, when is the blame going to be pointed at our list management, even on the weekend you could see huge holes ie key defenders bar Collins
I think assessing some of the young guys was difficult the last few years with minimal 2nds football played.
Surely there will be a decent clear out of the chaff at the end of this year. It's pretty apparent who isn't going to make it at AFL level.

I think assessing some of the young guys was difficult the last few years with minimal 2nds football played.
Surely there will be a decent clear out of the chaff at the end of this year. It's pretty apparent who isn't going to make it at AFL level.
Somewhat agree with this.....the kids taken in the 2018 draft, unless they were best 22, had their development in the NEAFL, which meant sfa development compared with VFL. Then covid hit in 2020 so no Reserves and we then get admitted to VFL for 2021 only for it to get cancelled someway into the season. A lot of the kids taken 2018-2020 have had their footy careers severely hampered by this.
With the VFL now in full swing, and a designated VFL coach, I expect to see gradual improvement in our 2nd tier players, and to be knocking the door down for senior footy in 2023-4. Of course that time frame will be too late for some, unfortunately.

I think a few on here have been increasingly vocal about the work of the list team, particularly their failure of last off-season.

I understand Cameron and Co. came in to clean up the mess made by Clayton, which they did a fine job of. But it seems they have gone on to then make the same mistakes.
  • Players not up to it on multi-year deals meaning we weren’t even able to delist 3 players from an extended squad last year.
  • Flogging off Brodie and #19
  • Atkins deal
  • Greenwood debacle
  • Going into last season with Zac Smith of all people as our only back-up ruck. Also lack of investment in KPDs meaning Ballard has ad to play second fiddle since he was a 19-year-old stick (to his credit, this one turned out well with Ballards development).

I understand circumstances created some of these issues, but its not a good look. IMO a poor off-season this year (and I don’t count simply re-signing Luko, Izak, King by itself as good) and I will be absolutely staggered if they still have a job.

I think a few on here have been increasingly vocal about the work of the list team, particularly their failure of last off-season.

[*]Going into last season with Zac Smith of all people as our only back-up ruck. Also lack of investment in KPDs meaning Ballard has ad to play second fiddle since he was a 19-year-old stick

I think we’re seeing the rebalancing now through the VFL with a weighting towards talls although it’s a bit the case of don’t mind the quality feel the width when next in line is Caleb Graham
Again as a Club waiting waiting for Andrew and Moyle to rise
And then we have the issue of moving on players because they haven’t shown something by 21yoa
If the Club were in the sharemarket they’d be termed mug punters buying high and selling low
Not sure if we can break the cycle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A lot of supporters wanted Brodie to get an extended run in his role as a contested possession beast. We could see his value in that role, unfortunately Dew didn’t see it that way and basically gave him away for nothing.

It seems Freo have picked up an absolute bargain and the long list of complete stuff ups by the Suns continues.

By the way Scrimshaw was amazing today against the Cats.

A lot of supporters wanted Brodie to get an extended run in his role as a contested possession beast. We could see his value in that role, unfortunately Dew didn’t see it that way and basically gave him away for nothing.

It seems Freo have picked up an absolute bargain and the long list of complete stuff ups by the Suns continues.

Scrimshaw is a separate case
A bedwetter who never wanted to leave his mummy and daddy and spent more time in Melbourne than on the GC when he was on the list
His father posted here as an absolute tosser- an arsonist who couldn't resist returning to the scene of the crime
Never a doubt he was leaving end of contract
The stuff up was drafting him in the first place

Last edited:
Scrimshaw is a separate case
A bedwetter who never wanted to leave his mummy and daddy and spent more time in Melbourne than on the GC when he was on the list
His father posted here as an absolute tosser
Never a doubt he was leaving end of contract
The stuff up was drafting him in the first place
+1...And I believe, he also spent most of the team review sessions on his phone.......should never have been selected.....that's not on Dew.

Bailey Smith was another bedwetter that didn't want to leave home.

The evidence is clear. Dew does not want to play a pure inside mid.

Greenwood (and hopefully Davies) is his idea of an inside mid = plays inside at stoppages (Brodie good), tackles and does 1%ers (Brodie Ok), but can then go forward and be dangerous (Brodie not good).

Brodie should have left earlier, not signed the last contract with us. His type of player is not going to get an extended run under Dew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back