News Where did they go? What has happened to delisted/retired players?

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This thread is for people to post information about our delisted/retired players and where they went and what they might be doing now. Not limited to just the 2020 season.

In 2020 the players are but not limited to:

Allen Christensen
Jacob Allison
Sam Skinner
Cory Lyon
Matt Eagles
Toby Woller
Cedric Cox

Example; From someone working and playing in the QAFL, apparently Luke Hodge was going to have a kick in the local league for Morningside Club in some games for 2020 until Covid hit and as a commentator he went into the AFL bubble.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I found out yesterday from someone close that just started a new job that Anthony Corrie works for the Sarina Russo Institute, lovely fellow apparently.

I found out yesterday from someone close that just started a new job that Anthony Corrie works for the Sarina Russo Institute, lovely fellow apparently.

Yeah a mate of mine works with him and thinks he's a legend.

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tom Bell playing assistant coach for Greensborough Football Club in Northern Football League.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls

Won a premiership this year playing for Kenmore in QFA Div 2

And Aaron Christensen was playing for the losing side, Victoria Point. Maybe the brothers can play together next year especially if Vic Point move to Div 1 or QAFL

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2007
G Town aka Sleepy Hollow
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Trent West playing for Leopold in the GFL

Attachments

• F5C7AFFE-A49D-4148-A2FC-82F190BED73A.png
    F5C7AFFE-A49D-4148-A2FC-82F190BED73A.png
    589.6 KB · Views: 296
Trent West playing for Leopold in the GFL
Lochie Veale is also a blast from the past (albeit not related to our club)

Lochie Veale is also a blast from the past (albeit not related to our club)
Sounds like the name on Neale's fake ID when he went nightclubbing at 17.

I tried that once but the problem was that even at 17, I still looked 12😐

"Lochie Veale" being such an obviously fake name probably also got you caught out.

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
"Lochie Veale" being such an obviously fake name probably also got you caught out.

When I was seventeen,
I drank some very good beer,
I drank some very good beer
I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Lochie Veale,
I stayed up listenin' to Queen
When I was seventeen.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bryce Retzlaff is still getting around in the QAFL and kicked 36 goals for the Tigers this year. Ryan Harwood is also playing locally in the QAFL with Sherwood and kicked 20 goals and he plays with Clay Beams there who kicked 14 goals for the season.

harvester

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2010
gold coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bryce Retzlaff is still getting around in the QAFL and kicked 36 goals for the Tigers this year. Ryan Harwood is also playing locally in the QAFL with Sherwood and kicked 20 goals and he plays with Clay Beams there who kicked 14 goals for the season.
That's nice to know rhino is still in Briso. Tassie boy originally I believe? Thanks Clarky. My misses saw Jarred Brennan, about a year ago here on the Gold Coast. He had some good games for Brisbane.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jarred Brennan was one of my fav players to watch while he was with the lions. Had more tricks than penn and teller.
He used to throw up before most games, out on the field. He had so much promise and boy did he have a leap on him he always threatened to take mark of the year but never really got going.

He used to throw up before most games, out on the field. He had so much promise and boy did he have a leap on him he always threatened to take mark of the year but never really got going.

I have a higher opinion of Jarrod than most here, it seems. Did a lot of dirty work that he does not get credit for,

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

Few ex-Lions going around the QAFL this year partly due to COVID. Liam Dawson also at the Magpies. Rueben William and Matt Hamelmann at Morningside

Some_guy

Senior List
Aug 27, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apparently a clearance has been lodged For Cedric Cox to play for Wanderers in the NTFL

Not sure if true, but he has been in Darwin for at least the past week or so.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Apparently a clearance has been lodged For Cedric Cox to play for Wanderers in the NTFL

Not sure if true, but he has been in Darwin for at least the past week or so.
Not sure where it was posted, but I saw Bundy played last weekend for one of the Tiwi island teams I believe.

Some_guy

Senior List
Aug 27, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure where it was posted, but I saw Bundy played last weekend for one of the Tiwi island teams I believe.
Yep, He played for the Tiwi Bombers. Kicked 3 goals and a bunch of touches. Former Port player Jake Neade also played for Tiwi on the weekend too

Back