Employment Where do you go for careers advice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I am out of work, and wondering who I can speak to about the best way to approach looking for a new job?

I want to know if my resume is something that employers could be interested in, and where to find jobs to match my skills and experience.

I went to Centrelink, but they didn't seem very helpful, and only were interested if I was already getting Newstart.

I actually have a part-time job, delivering newspapers for a newsagency early mornings. That helps out a little, but I need a proper full-time job as well, and I fear that Centrelink aren't interested unless they are paying me welfare.

Is there anyone else I could go to?

Also, are there careers advocates or agents, who you could pay, and they would tell you how to do a proper resume, give advice about interviews, and link me up with jobs for me to apply for? I don't know where to start when it comes to job hunting. Please help!

I've never turned to an advisor but I do listen and watch others.

With a resume - always add your achievements (even if seemingly minor) as well as your responsibilities. Be relaxed at interviews and prepare for days thinking about the company and planning your key message.

Oh and do the basics, smile, keep eye contact, shake hands and wear an ironed shirt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back