Where is Bluey?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is very poor form, if Bluey was apparently online, and he hasn't posted anything, that's just a joke. In a time like this, the bloke who is supposed to be running the whole show hasn't popped his face up once.

I think Bluey went missing the same time last year, he is probably on holidays, I remember the site going feral the last time Bluey took holidays.

Not good enough Bluey, no more taking holidays. :D

Originally posted by mantis
I think Bluey went missing the same time last year, he is probably on holidays, I remember the site going feral the last time Bluey took holidays.

Not good enough Bluey, no more taking holidays. :D

Suggestion then :-

How about a post saying " I will be on holiday from x to z and Danni will be moderating the forum in my absence" ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Frodo
Suggestion then :-

How about a post saying " I will be on holiday from x to z and Danni will be moderating the forum in my absence" ?

IMO that would encourage trouble makers to play up even more. "Oh great Bluey's away, we can mess up the boards without his authority to ban us"

Originally posted by GoEagles
IMO that would encourage trouble makers to play up even more. "Oh great Bluey's away, we can mess up the boards without his authority to ban us"

No, it would mean people would actually know what was going on. :) That'd be new.

IMO the moderator of a board should have the ability to ban someone from their board. The banned person can appeal if they think it's wrong. If a moderator is on holiday a replacement comes on with same rights.

It's a bit pathetic if Bluey is the only one with power and he goes on holiday leaving nobody with the power to control situations.

If I read it correctly moderators are called moderators but actually have no power and can only ask Bluey to act. That's like being recruited for the army and not being given a gin!!!!!

( Well I meant gun but the Gordons looked nice so I left it :D )

Sure about that? Is it only the site owner who can do it or anyone with admin options. Both Danni and Mobben are admins.

Originally posted by Frodo
IMO the moderator of a board should have the ability to ban someone from their board. The banned person can appeal if they think it's wrong. If a moderator is on holiday a replacement comes on with same rights.

It's a bit pathetic if Bluey is the only one with power and he goes on holiday leaving nobody with the power to control situations.

If I read it correctly moderators are called moderators but actually have no power and can only ask Bluey to act. That's like being recruited for the army and not being given a gin!!!!!

( Well I meant gun but the Gordons looked nice so I left it :D )

Fair post Frodo. I agree with the first #, while the second and third #'s are actually incorrect in the main. Basically, a Mod can moderate (remove posts, edit out naughty stuff, etc), while an admin can also boot.

To run with your simile, the mods have guns but can't order to charge.

Originally posted by Blues_Brat
Sure about that? Is it only the site owner who can do it or anyone with admin options. Both Danni and Mobben are admins.

Blues_Brat you're right that an admin can do it, the problem is that it doesn't stop the 'full-moon' activity that occurs when it is believed that the bloke in charge is out of the office.

In a perfect world its, better to give a troublemaker no invitation to play up, rather than only to be equipped to handle it when it happens.

Not talking about the current ruckus, either. That's a cards-on-table issue with arguable points. I'm talking about the stuff that intends only disruption and hurt, for someone's personal glee.

Apologies if I've annoyed anyone with my absence. All mods have the ability to ban users, but after the crash/hacking/software upgrade the option might have gone missing for Mods. I'll have to create a new mod name and check it out.

This is all news to any mods who come across it, but not to worry. I'll have more tim eon Wednesday to get things sorted out, get the 'Live' section back onto the front page and so on.

Originally posted by Bluey
Apologies if I've annoyed anyone with my absence. All mods have the ability to ban users, but after the crash/hacking/software upgrade the option might have gone missing for Mods. I'll have to create a new mod name and check it out.

This is all news to any mods who come across it, but not to worry. I'll have more tim eon Wednesday to get things sorted out, get the 'Live' section back onto the front page and so on.
Bluey,

You have obviously missed a lot of things that have happened.

You have an email coming your way about something that Danni told me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back