Home & Garden Where is downtown?

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost ended up in the Bronx once getting on the wrong train, I knew something was wrong when everyone on the train was black and looked like they wanted to kill me. Got off very quickly at the next stop.
Were you dressed in a chicken costume by any chance?

Were you dressed in a chicken costume by any chance?

Haha, no I wasn't.

Just being white and looking like a clueless tourist was enough to draw the death stares. I remember I was carrying a big fold out map and a I:heart:NY shopping bag full of cheap touristy t-shirts. May as well have had a sign on my back saying "mug me" on it.

When I'm in Harlem I usually carry around a bucket of Fried Chicken with me. When I get mugged they are usually so awestruck by their massive score they forget to ask for my wallet, phone, and watch. You get mugged more carrying around a bucket of fried chicken but it works out cheaper in the long run.

Colloquially downtown refers to the part of the city that contains the police stations, youth hostels, brothels, bars, less affluent residents and the homeless.

Uptown refers to the super rich AKA billionaire's row, 6 star hotels, expensive shopping and the upper class of society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back