Where to next? Tasmania? ACT? Northern Territory? North Queensland?

Where to next?

• Tasmania

Votes: 86 78.2%
  • ACT

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Northern Territory

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • North Queensland

Votes: 11 10.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

the VFL days are over, nobody is going to force clubs to fold or relocate. if a club is struggling they will get the north Melbourne treatment, relocation will be OFFERED as a way to help the club. nobodies going to deny an existing club a licence.

I agree, but some here seem very keen to kick a Vic at every opportunity.

As apposed to the punt a Giant?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

I have no issue with GWS (or any club) existing.

I just think it's hypocritical to want to get rid of some clubs because they receive assistance while supporting other to also do merely because of their location.

Honestly, I don't think we can completely discount relocation just yet. There is defiantly room for one more club to find it's way to a new location. Honestly if St. Kilda get themselves in a bad way on and off field for a substantial period of time I really could see them in Tasmania or NZ (if the market warrants it, big if) as the "Southern Saints". But I think North/Bulldogs are now safe.

Think about it, why start up a new club in a location that you already have strong support. Tasmania is the ideal place for a relocated club.

Honestly, I don't think we can completely discount relocation just yet. There is defiantly room for one more club to find it's way to a new location. Honestly if St. Kilda get themselves in a bad way on and off field for a substantial period of time I really could see them in Tasmania or NZ (if the market warrants it, big if) as the "Southern Saints". But I think North/Bulldogs are now safe.

Think about it, why start up a new club in a location that you already have strong support. Tasmania is the ideal place for a relocated club.

That or Canberra.

Not for Tasmanian fans. If they relocate a team here, I'll never attend a game.

I recall some line about beggers and choosers that seems apt.

I'm far from begging. I'd rather have no footy in Tasmania than to have a team relocated here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if for instance it was north that relocated. You would be so angered you wouldn't attend?

If North were relocated I very much doubt that I'd follow whatever they became. I had to no intention to follow the Gold Coast Kangaroos when it was a possibility in 2007.

So if for instance it was north that relocated. You would be so angered you wouldn't attend?

If any club relocates then they change their identity. They arent the same club anymore. If North were somehow forced to relocate here, they would cease to be the North Melbourne football club. They would be a new club, Tassie Roos or whatever. I think that represents the worst option. The loss of one club & some other new hybrid club invented by the AFL to try to suck two communities in to support it.

Still Others take every opportunity to kick everything outside of the 'homeland'.

I confess I don't think highly of international rules, and think the game in NZ wont amount to much (at least, not for a VERY long time), but I don't think I've given either of them a 'kick'.

No, I won't.
victoria_nile.gif

I don't understand why you find it so hard to believe. I wouldn't attend if some other club got relocated. It's not as if it's an outrageous statement.

Back