Which AFL players do this year's top draftees resemble?

Remove this Banner Ad

From what i have heard,

Tom Hawkins = Jonathon Brown/ David Neitz
Lachlan Hansen = Chad Cornes
Mitchell Thorp = Matthew Pavlich
Matthew Leuenberger = Dean Cox

Arden Street said:
From what i have heard,

Jack Hawkins = Jonathon Brown/ David Neitz
Mitchell Thorp = Matthew Pavlich
As a 50 year old, he might struggle for a yard or two of pace. I hear his son Tom does alright though.

philhawk said:
That's a fantastic comparison! Houli reminded me of someone at the tournament but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Well done PS. :thumbsu:

Pretty sure I'm not the first to make that comparison. But it's true. There's something very Yze-like in the way he moves and, especially, kicks the ball.

Palmer Stoat said:
Pretty sure I'm not the first to make that comparison. But it's true. There's something very Yze-like in the way he moves and, especially, kicks the ball.
plus i think both r the same religion

Arden Street said:
Disagree with these.

Lachlan Hansen is hard to describe... Something of a combination of Dustin Fletcher as a backman, and Corey McKernan as a forward is the best I can come up with.

Leuenberger is not in Dean Cox's league in terms of stamina and ability to play as an extra follower. I'd say he's more like a taller Troy Simmonds, perhaps.

I'd say Jetta is just Akermanis, in terms of a comparison - The qualities he shares with Davey are also shared with Aker, so I don't think you really need the Davey part, unless it's to confer he's aboriginal... But in that case, it's more like Leon Davis or Jeff Farmer, because he's from WA :p

Albert Proud - Byron Pickett, possibly Shaun Burgoyne

Joel Selwood - Luke Ball, maybe? Or Josh Carr.

James Sellar - I think he's somewhat like Justin Longmuir in style

Bryce Gibbs - He reminds me of Ryan Griffen, who in turn reminds me of Nathan Buckley... So take from that what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vinnie_vegas69 said:
I'd say Jetta is just Akermanis, in terms of a comparison - The qualities he shares with Davey are also shared with Aker, so I don't think you really need the Davey part, unless it's to confer he's aboriginal... But in that case, it's more like Leon Davis or Jeff Farmer, because he's from WA :p

Albert Proud - Byron Pickett, possibly Shaun Burgoyne

Joel Selwood - Luke Ball, maybe?

James Sellar - I think he's somewhat like Troy Longmuir in style

Bryce Gibbs - He reminds me of Ryan Griffen, who in turn reminds me of Nathan Buckley... So take from that what you will.

Thanks. So is Jetta like Tambling? Not to say that Tambling is as good as Aker, and I am not trying to pump inflate his talent (cardinal sin on this site), but he seems like another of those fast, flashy midfielder/HFF players. If he is, he may not be in Richmond's interests. Possibly we should try for a Sellar/Selwood/Proud player.

Sellar is Troy (Justin???) Longmuir? I was hoping that Sellar would be more like a great ruckman, like Lade or a great KPP like Hall or a great ruck/KPP option but Longmuir, hmmm... :(

Richo83 said:
Thanks. So is Jetta like Tambling? Not to say that Tambling is as good as Aker, and I am not trying to pump inflate his talent (cardinal sin on this site), but he seems like another of those fast, flashy midfielder/HFF players. If he is, he may not be in Richmond's interests. Possibly we should try for a Sellar/Selwood/Proud player.

Sellar is Troy (Justin???) Longmuir? I was hoping that Sellar would be more like a great ruckman, like Lade or a great KPP like Hall or a great ruck/KPP option but Longmuir, hmmm... :(
Jetta would definitely NOT be a good option for Richmond. He's not really what you guys need.

As for Sellar, I could quite comfortably see him being better than Longmuir, but I see that as his style of play.

With any of these comparisons, you don't really know if they'll be as good as the person you compare them do, just that they'll play in a similar style to them.

Like how everyone and their dog compares Didak to Daicos, not because he's as good as Daics, but because he plays a similar style.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Jetta would definitely NOT be a good option for Richmond. He's not really what you guys need.
Yes, that's what I was thinking, another fast rangy HFF like Tambling. Is that a fair assesment?
vinnie_vegas69 said:
As for Sellar, I could quite comfortably see him being better than Longmuir, but I see that as his style of play.
Ah, okay. So has the potential to be great, but plays in the style of Longmuir.
vinnie_vegas69 said:
With any of these comparisons, you don't really know if they'll be as good as the person you compare them do, just that they'll play in a similar style to them.

Like how everyone and their dog compares Didak to Daicos, not because he's as good as Daics, but because he plays a similar style.
True, the hun did it recently with that men at the bar article they always print out on Monday.

Gibbs - The class of Hird blended with some Lenny Hayes. The class midfield act by a fair degree.

Sellar - Lucas mixed with fitness of Jeff White and the versatility (and ability) of Pavlich. He is just lazy thats his problem.

Pfieffer - Deadset same as McQualter but much better.

Hurley - Not really like anyone, has a bit of Scott West about him at times in traffic with his vision and calm head. Skills not that good tho yet.

Thomas - Lovett/ thin Leon Davis.

Jacobs - Greg Stafford

Gibbs has gotta be likened to Riccuito. Both aren't the quickest players going around, but have great skills, presence and clearance work. Also, Gibbs knows how to kick a goal or six when resting up forward as Roo had done this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back