Which AFL players do you know?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is a bit of a pissing contest but

What AFL players do you know ?

I played a few years and won some underage flags with Jarryd Blair

I also played against Sam Docherty, Mitch Golby, Brent Macaffer and Dyson Heppell

Played junior footy with jack redpath (He is a rookie at the dogs, I doubt he'll get another contract) and went to same school as lachie plowman (Couple years above him, knew his brothers pretty well).

I 'know' a fair few actually.

Played U9s with Andrew Gaff.

My brother played juniors with Luke McDonald, Jack Billings and JKH too for a year I think. Needless to say they won multiple flags.

Handful of guys from school too... didn't play with them much/at all though, not nearly good enough haha. Hannebery, Alex Johnson (kicked 18 goals one day when I was in the same team - 258 was the margin I think), Sam Shaw, Pat Ambrose were all in my year and Alex Browne the year below.

My brother played juniors with Luke McDonald, Jack Billings and JKH too for a year I think. Needless to say they won multiple flags.

Handful of guys from school too... didn't play with them much/at all though, not nearly good enough haha. Hannebery, Alex Johnson (kicked 18 goals one day when I was in the same team - 258 was the margin I think), Sam Shaw, Pat Ambrose were all in my year and Alex Browne the year below.

Haha I just realised its a really sneaky way to find out peoples ages, If someone comes on and says they played school footy with Sam Newman then theres a small give away

Of all the players I played with an against Blairy was miles ahead of them all except for Dyson Heppell, Blairy only missed drafting due to his height

Played against Andrejs Everitt in juniors (u12s/14s maybe), he dominated because of his size mainly. seemed to be a bit of a knob from memory.
went to the same school as sam lloyd and Easton wood.

one memory i do have is watching our school vs Brighton grammar and Jack watts was having no impact. someone yelled out "Melbourne doesn't want you with our #1 pick". I laughed at the time...

Went to school, worked, played footy and cricket with Nathan Djerrkura (played for
Geelong and Footscray).
Played one game against one of the Daveys, can't remember which one though.
Also went to school with Will
Chambers who plays for the Storm. He was in a league of his own playing RL, although his little brother had more natural talent

Quite good mates with Toby Greene, Tom Mitchell and Jack Viney from junior footy days and primary school
All ripping blokes and mean well, but Tom and Toby were always the rebels and could never keep their aggressive nature on the field, was only a matter of time before one of them got in an incident....

Not a myth either that Viney had to play a year or two above his age group because he was too good/tough for kids his age, I never wanted to get in a contested drill with him even at age 12-14

I'd like to point out that our midfield group from U12s to U15s was Tom Mitchell, Toby Greene, Jack Viney and Jake Williams (won the B&F in the VAFA Competition last year), the Ashburton Redbacks Footy Factory sure has produced some belters

Also mates with Dom Tyson (absolute gem of an individual)... and Xavier Richards (Sydney) and Tim Golds (GWS) along with a few of the other Sydney boys a few years older since the school community was/is quite a tight knit bunch. Yes I'm a Xavier boy and before you ask, no I wasn't involved in any of the muck-up day controversies.

No one really could believe it when Alex Johnson was a premiership player at the Swans, was never a standout at school and some weeks struggled to get games in the 1s, was never classed in the same bracket as hannebery, kennedy, ball etc. Seems to have fit in with the bloods culture well though and slotted straight in next to a few gun backs, let's hope his knees hold up

Should've read this before posting myself, an ex-Xavier boy being a moderator of the Dees BigFooty page? Fantastic to know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to play with Lewis Roberts-Thompson for a few seasons (cannot ever recall the bloke speaking to be honest), and Henry Playfair played one game for my team presumably to qualify for the NSW/ACT Rams. He had absolutely zero interest in the game and my one memory involves him marking one of my few straight kicks on the line, turning to poke it through and getting bundled over the line. Played against the McVeigh brothers (Jarred was as fat as a rake and had a horrible afro, none too fond of Mark who had plenty of tickets on himself). Don't think I ever played against Lenny Hayes, which in retrospect was probably good for my health. A mate was good friends with Jude Bolton so he'd have a few beers every now and again - genuinely good bloke.

The standard in Sydney was terrible so you can be rubbish and play against the few good players wandering about.

I played a lot of cricket with Andrew Gaff, Sam Crocker, Nathan Hrovat and a little bit with Tom Mitchell, a bit of footy too with Crocker and Gaff but then I switched to soccer when 'World Cup Fever' hit in 06 (?? I think) - funnily enough I absolutely hate soccer now.

I almost got in a fight with Jack Viney, his idiot mates were two years younger then me and thought it I was serious when I told them to 'get ready for fisticuffs at lunch'... they brought Jack along for 'intimidation' but I think he was pretty wary of getting in to anything (I imagine Todd would have been furious, and you would not want to be on his bad side...) - needless to say I told them they were d**kheads and they left quite embarrassed.

Funnily enough Jack was a Hawks man and hated the Dees until Todd came back into the fold.

I switched to soccer when 'World Cup Fever' hit in 06 (?? I think) - funnily enough I absolutely hate soccer now.

Serves you right you fickle bandwagon-boarding monster.

I played a lot of cricket with Andrew Gaff, Sam Crocker, Nathan Hrovat and a little bit with Tom Mitchell, a bit of footy too with Crocker and Gaff but then I switched to soccer when 'World Cup Fever' hit in 06 (?? I think) - funnily enough I absolutely hate soccer now.

I almost got in a fight with Jack Viney, his idiot mates were two years younger then me and thought it I was serious when I told them to 'get ready for fisticuffs at lunch'... they brought Jack along for 'intimidation' but I think he was pretty wary of getting in to anything (I imagine Todd would have been furious, and you would not want to be on his bad side...) - needless to say I told them they were d**kheads and they left quite embarrassed.

Funnily enough Jack was a Hawks man and hated the Dees until Todd came back into the fold.

Would be a great story if anyone asked why you were missing teeth to say Jack Viney flogged me lol

Eddie Betts obviously used to live near me (inner-northern suburbs) because I'd see him at the supermarket occasionally. One time he had a trolley with a slab in it.

/oldfriends

Did he share the slab with you? #goodblokeeddy

Also mates with Dom Tyson (absolute gem of an individual)... and Xavier Richards (Sydney) and Tim Golds (GWS) along with a few of the other Sydney boys a few years older since the school community was/is quite a tight knit bunch. Yes I'm a Xavier boy and before you ask, no I wasn't involved in any of the muck-up day controversies.

No one really could believe it when Alex Johnson was a premiership player at the Swans, was never a standout at school and some weeks struggled to get games in the 1s, was never classed in the same bracket as hannebery, kennedy, ball etc. Seems to have fit in with the bloods culture well though and slotted straight in next to a few gun backs, let's hope his knees hold up

Another Old Xavierian here - except I was waaay before you young tackers. Leoncelli is younger than me!

Went to primary school with Nick Dal Santo for a couple of years, and 'competed' against him in little athletics as a little tacker.

I use 'competed' in inverted commas because there really wasn't any competition. He won pretty much everything.

Well now that he is an AFL player i can say that i know caleb marchbank who recently got drafted to the giants. Giving away my age a little bit here, but he was a couple of forms below me at primary school

Here is a bit of a pissing contest but

What AFL players do you know ?

I played a few years and won some underage flags with Jarryd Blair

I also played against Sam Docherty, Mitch Golby, Brent Macaffer and Dyson Heppell
Topkent. I played footy for Meenyian, but team did u play for?

I went to school with Dys and Aaron Heppell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back