Which genius chose game and times today

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 23 is, rightly, fixtured with a view to giving the finals teams an appropriate break between their round 23 games and their week 1 games. You can subscribe to online streaming and watch any game you like live on a tablet or PC.

It's a match for 4th spot on the ladder.

Surely it couldn't be that hard to find a pub showing it with commentary?

Carlton vs essendon 1.30 on fox footy
Fremantle vs port 3.10pm on fox sports 3
Sydney vs Richmond 4.40pm on fox footy

Geelong vs Brisbane 7.30 channel 7
North Melb vs Melb 7.30 fox sports

Have not posted for years but am amazed at the ignorance of the afl, especially considering these fixtures were only set about a month ago.

I know I'm biased buts it's Gonna be next to impossible to find a pub showing dockers vs port with commentary.

why do you want commentary? they all talk s**t anyway.

in terms of coverage, it's great up here in Sydney today. we got CAR vs ESS now and live, and then SYD vs RIC immediately. considering it'll be broadcas live and is played out at sydney shithole park, and there will be at least 2 more games out there for finals, i'll be firmly rooted to the couch this arvo. wet day here too.

I have to admit I was very surprised the Cats v Lions game was played at sat night. Would've been better to have Freo V Port or the Syd v tiges as a night game from a broadcast POV IMHO.

For a TV perspective then yes either the Freo vs Port or Syd vs Tigers game for night would most likely drawer better tv ratings, but as Port was certain to play finals at the time of the Rnd 23 announcement and the Tigers were in contention, the AFL will give them every chance to return home to prepare for week 1 of finals, while the Lions were out of contention, so hence them getting the night game as they have no preparations for next week other then Mad Monday, so no same day flight home required.

Should've shown Freo vs port and Sydney vs Richmond at night instead of those boring ones tonight

Well with the way it panned out, only non finalists will be playing tomorrow... so it worked out pretty well in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back