Whitfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to see this being swept under the carpet from here. Most commentators are running with it as a fact that Whitfield had taken illicit drugs. Even Caro is unequivocal: "The incident took place in May 2015 and Whitfield had an illicit drug issue." As we well know, she has a huge repertoire of weasel words ("it is alleged" "sources suggest" "our understanding is") designed to avoid being sued for slander, so the fact that she was so direct this time is informative.

It would appear that they (Allen, Lambert, etc.) should have advised him to cop the strike and all would be forgotten. They fact that they didn't in turn suggests that it might not have been a first, or even second, strike.

Yes, it seems ridiculous that he faces a 2-year ban for avoiding a test, but the rules have to be there to ensure you can't avoid punishment by simply tampering with evidence. If you could, then theoretically a club could run a full performance enhancement drugs injection program, then escape full sanction for it by simply destroying evidence and alleging they don't know what injected into their players. I know, a ridiculous example, clearly that couldn't really happen.

does the afl prohibit illegal drugs or just performance drugs?

does the afl prohibit illegal drugs or just performance drugs?
It's has an illicit drugs policy whereby players who get caught get to keep it hush hush until their 3rd hit.

Reckon the AFL passed it on to ASADA to allow them to make the call. ASADA have told the AFL to deal with it so watch our for a token knuckle rap and a nothing to see here gif from Gilligan & Co.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/caroline...-allan-and-craig-lambert-20161024-gs9l0j.html

Caroline Wilson believes Lachie Whitfield, Graeme Allan and Craig Lambert will all be charged with breaching ASADA's anti-doping rules.

It follows allegations that Allan and Lambert in 2015 hid Whitfield at Lambert's house for three days fearing the player could test positive to performance enhancing drugs.

Caroline Wilson said on 3AW "highly incriminating" text messages sent by Whitfield to his former partner had formed part of the investigation.

"Some unbelievable evidence has come to light," she said on Sports Today.

"I have absolutely no doubt there will be a lengthy suspension."

Good.

If they are covering up a young/key player with a problem then throw the book.

GWS have enough ridiculous concessions without internal staff making it more so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ******* dumb are some so called professional footballers......going on weekend benders with 'mates'. And idiots like us sweeping factory floors for $15 p/h ultimately paying these dickheads their wages. No doubt another AFL style 'supplements saga', 'we were duped', 'Lachie has been through hell' type scenario to be spun by the friendly AFL media.

The AFL are weak as piss if they don't follow through on this one. Nowhere near as bad as the * case, of course, but hiding from drug testers is the most fundamental breach of any drugs code that has ever existed.

They let the Eagles off in the early 90's, let's see how they conspire to let off the current new boys as they approach premiership contention.

The AFL are weak as piss if they don't follow through on this one. Nowhere near as bad as the * case, of course, but hiding from drug testers is the most fundamental breach of any drugs code that has ever existed.

They let the Eagles off in the early 90's, let's see how they conspire to let off the current new boys as they approach premiership contention.
Well, I'd have to ask what's weaker than piss because they passed the previous threshold post-WADA decision.

Time to put in a call to the Fair Work Ombudsman, my boss assured me that $7.50 p/h was the going rate.

Get back to work Juan

The issue is that he deliberately avoided drug testing. And we know from previous testing results that banned drugs are sometimes mixed in with illicit drugs, hence the problem.

Good.

If they are covering up a young/key player with a problem then throw the book.

GWS have enough ridiculous concessions without internal staff making it more so.
Unsure why you would want to see a young player's life ruined without even hearing his or Allan/Lambert's side of the story yet? Quite an immature reaction to the situation. If it was a North player, I'd hope you would back him in at least until we heard both sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back