Whitten Oval Redevelopment Plans (UPDATE: No AFL Games)

Remove this Banner Ad

No in fact the ground was actually pushed closer to Gordon St to allow more room on the grandstand side, in doing that it meant that there was no longer any space to sit on the widest part of the wing but the overall capacity will remain at 10,500 with more spots to sit/stand in the pockets.

Despite the result, the atmosphere was great tonight and the redevelopment is looking outstanding with only a couple of minor things that bothered me, such as the lack of grass in front of the scoreboard, not sure why they went for plants there. It's so nice not having any ugly temporary lights as well. The surface looked outstanding as well, can't wait for next year when it will all be done.
Wait that brown patch under the scoreboard isn’t going to be grass? I thought it was just not finished yet 😂 surely they keep that as useable grass - apart from that the rest looks great

Wait that brown patch under the scoreboard isn’t going to be grass? I thought it was just not finished yet 😂 surely they keep that as useable grass - apart from that the rest looks great

I'll have to ask but it seemed like that area under the scoreboard was complete. Either way it needs to change, all of our family there tonight were saying the same thing so no doubt the club will be getting some feedback on that. Fortunately that's a relatively easy thing to change.

I'm not sure when the new stand is supposed to be completed. From yesterday's observation it seems quite some time away. The rest of the development is very impressive.View attachment 1885946View attachment 1885947

I was in there the other night and they've started installing glass on the top level. Redevelopment is looking great and the playing surface is like carpet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back