Whitten Oval Redevelopment Plans (UPDATE: No AFL Games)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what they’ve done with the old seats from the stand.

You’d hope they haven’t just binned them?
People had options to have the signs returned to them or placed into a new section in the hall of fame area

I got mine sent to me

I don’t follow. What do you mean by signs sent to you?
During a fundraiser for the club, you could get a sign attached to a seat on the stands which acted as your special seat at the club

So you would have

X Family dogs supporter since xxxx

I know Libba family had one behind my seat

Just occurred to me listening to Ameet Bains talking about the Whitten Oval redevelopment. Why do we need to rename the Whitten Stand the Whitten stand? Why have a Whitten stand, when the ‘stadium’ only really has one grandstand and is called the Whitten Oval? We have a statue out the front as well. And there is a bridge on the ring road. There have been many great champions of our club, let’s spread the honours about a little more. Schultz stand? Hawkins has the outer Wing. Chris Grant stand? Bontempelli(not yet). Brad Johnson?

Just occurred to me listening to Ameet Bains talking about the Whitten Oval redevelopment. Why do we need to rename the Whitten Stand the Whitten stand? Why have a Whitten stand, when the ‘stadium’ only really has one grandstand and is called the Whitten Oval? We have a statue out the front as well. And there is a bridge on the ring road. There have been many great champions of our club, let’s spread the honours about a little more. Schultz stand? Hawkins has the outer Wing. Chris Grant stand? Bontempelli(not yet). Brad Johnson?
I agree; we also have the EJ Whitten Social Club. I said a while back we should rename it the Gordon stand as I think he has had more positive and critical influence on our club than any other individual certainly in my life time.

Peter Street stand. Great service to both Dogs and Footscray police.

what about the perro_loco stand? that is the best name ever for a stand. it would make international headlines.

I drove past the oval on Monday during a rainstorm so didn’t get to have a good look. It appeared to me that the recent ( a few years now?) building work has been pulled down. Can somebody tell me if this is correct? Thanks

I drove past the oval on Monday during a rainstorm so didn’t get to have a good look. It appeared to me that the recent ( a few years now?) building work has been pulled down. Can somebody tell me if this is correct? Thanks

Only the Whitten Stand has/will be completely demolished. The Elite Learning Centre/Football Performance Centre (built during the 2006 redevelopment) is being gutted and repurposed. The latest update from the club was published today...

Only the Whitten Stand has/will be completely demolished. The Elite Learning Centre/Football Performance Centre (built during the 2006 redevelopment) is being gutted and repurposed. The latest update from the club was published today...

Thanks. It wasn’t built that long ago so I was surprised to see the shell just remaining. That’s progress though I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back