Top Dog

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2001
Doug Hawkins Wing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs
NBA -- NHL -- NFL --- MLB --- College ;)

NBA - Charlotte Hornets
NHL - Dallas Stars
NFL - San Francisco 49ers
College - Georgetown Hoyas (WooF)
MLB - Cleveland Indians (My least favourite of all these sports)

Originally posted by Top Dog
NBA -- NHL -- NFL --- MLB --- College ;)

NBA - Lakers
NHL - Red Wings (My least watched pro sport)
NFL - NFC: Green Bay, AFC: NY Jets
College - Alabama, Middle Tennessee State University (long story)
MLB - Atlanta Braves

Go a bit further, Top Dog.

Minor League Baseball - New Orleans Zephyrs (Zephyr was the name of my old German Shepherd dog, so I had to) :D
Nascar - Jeff Gordon, Dave Blayney
Indy cars - Michael Andretti

EPL - Leeds United (just so you know, OMH):D

NBA -- NHL -- NFL --- MLB --- College

NBA-dont follow
NHL-Pittsburgh Penguins
NFL-Buffaloe Bills
MLB-Clevland Indians
Colledge-dont follow

NCAA - Nebraska Cornhuskers
NFL - Green Bay Packers
MLB - St. Louis Cardinals
NHL - Philadelphia Flyers
NBA - couldn't care less

I've done well in the football department with success, but the Cards and Flyers have a habit of being playoff chokers.

Originally posted by ant
Washington Wizards

Ant, weren't you a Lakers fan?.

You seem to change your teams every 2 minutes. Have you ever considered the concept of picking a team and sticking with it.:confused:

My teams are:-

NBA - LA Lakers
NFL - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
MLB - NY Yankees
NHL - Don't follow
NCAA - Don't follow

Originally posted by Player
And the Best of the Rest are

NBA Miami Heat
NHL Ottawa Senators
NFL New England Patriots
MLB Cleveland Indians

It's a long time between championships for these teams.

Player, I can see why we don't go for the same teams because all your teams suck.;) :)

NBA - Detroit Pistons (Loved I.Thomas and J.Dumars, now Stackhouse is a gun!)
NFL - San Francisco 49ers (Montana, Young, now Garcia!)
MLB - San Francisco Giants (Go Barry Bonds!)
College - Seton Hall(?) (Gaze played there didn't he?)
NHL - Detroit Red Wings (Fedorov is a legend, now we have Hull also!)

Cheers,
Tredders#16

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by carb70

Ant, weren't you a Lakers fan?.

You seem to change your teams every 2 minutes. Have you ever considered the concept of picking a team and sticking with it.:confused:

Carb, to be honest, your concept is new to me, I'm very intrigued, please explain ;)

I'm a Michael Jordan fan and that always comes first. Sorry mate :)

Originally posted by ant

Carb, to be honest, your concept is new to me, I'm very intrigued, please explain ;)

I'm a Michael Jordan fan and that always comes first. Sorry mate :)

It's simple ant, you take the good times with the bad. Eddie Jones was one of my favourite Lakers players but just because the Lakers got rid of him, I'm not going to become a Miami fan because he is playing for them. Just remember the team is always bigger than the individual.

Originally posted by carb70

It's simple ant, you take the good times with the bad. Eddie Jones was one of my favourite Lakers players but just because the Lakers got rid of him, I'm not going to become a Miami fan because he is playing for them. Just remember the team is always bigger than the individual.

Carb, I follow that credence in all other sports, football especially, but for me basketball is different. As a youngster, I was drawn into the game of b-ball by Michael and I really started to follow the league through him. I always wanted him to do well and since he played for the Bulls, I supported Chicago.

It's strange but even though I wanted the Bulls to win the championship each year, I always wanted MJ to be the main reason. When MJ retired I found I had no feelings toward the Bulls, when they lost I didn't get all sick in the stomach like when MJ was playing for them. I guess basketball isn't a traditional sport for me like football, where I follow the Adelaide Crows no matter what, with footy the feelings are different. I suppose you could say I'm not a real NBA follower, but rather simply an MJ fan, and that's a fair call. I hope you can understand mate, go Wizards!!

Originally posted by The Hippie

What!! Why no Atlanta Hawks, Devo? :D

Atlanta is my favourite city in America, so that's why I follow all the Atlanta teams, but Magic is my favourite American sportsmen, and he played for the Lakers. We lived in LA in 1979-80 and the hype in LA over his drafting was unbelievable. I managed to get his and Kareems autographs on a poster that year. I have it framed and on the wall of my study. Magic will always be the greatest sportsmen in my opinion. He is a true legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back