Fixture Who has the easiest/hardest fixture 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

TheUnicorn

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Who and Why ? In your opinions has the best and worst draws for the 2022 season?

According to a Fox Footy artical by Max Laughton
from easiest to hardest.

1. Carlton
2. Adelaide Crows
3. West Coast Eagles
4. Gold Coast Suns
5. Hawthorn
6. Collingwood
7. North Melbourne
8. Richmond
9. Sydney Swans
10. Fremantle
11. Brisbane Lions
12. Geelong Cats
13. Port Adelaide
14. St Kilda
15. GWS Giants
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Essendon
18. Melbourne

According to an AFL artical by "Staff Writers"
from hardest to easiest

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Melbourne
3. Port Adelaide
4. Brisbane Lions
5. GWS Giants
6. St Kilda
7. Essendon
8. Fremantle
9. Sydney
10. Geelong
11. Richmond
12. Collingwood
13. Hawthorn
14. North Melbourne
15. West Coast
16. Carlton
17. Adelaide Crows
18. Gold Coast

Last edited:

AFL 2022 fixture difficulty (Easiest to hardest)

1. Carlton
  2. Adelaide Crows
  3. West Coast Eagles
  4. Gold Coast Suns
  5. Hawthorn
  6. Collingwood
  7. North Melbourne
  8. Richmond
  9. Sydney Swans
  10. Fremantle
  11. Brisbane Lions
  12. Geelong Cats
  13. Port Adelaide
  14. St Kilda
  15. GWS Giants
  16. Western Bulldogs
  17. Essendon
  18. Melbourne
Based on 2021 percentage of the teams they play twice in 2022

In my book, Geelong has the easiest fixture every year regardless of who they play, due to the 8 or 9 games they get from playing at Kardinia Park.
That's why they always make the finals and don't perform to the position they finish.
The interstate clubs always have the hardest fixtures due to the amount of travel required.
West Coast and Freo always have a difficult fixture for this reason imo.

Last edited:

In my book, Geelong has the easiest fixture every year regardless of who they play, due to the 8 or 9 games they get from playing at Kardinia Park.
That's why they always make the finals and don't perform to the position they finish.
The interstate clubs always have the hardest fixtures due to the amount of travel required.
West Coast always have a difficult fixture for this reason imo.
What's your book called?

*, 1st response. Impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'The great Kardinia Park rort , Geelong is no longer an isolated country town and other investigations'.- By Martin Flanigan.
Luckily you won't have to venture down to Sleep Hollow any time soon given Richmond doesn't play there.

You'll have to tell us one day what Martin means about a "rort" and Geelong no longer being an isolated country town.

Surprise surprise that the dogs get kissed again with an easy fixture. they play sh!t teams twice whereas the dees play the top 4 from last year all twice. Such a joke of a competition.
Your obsession and delusion knows no bounds. Hilarious to see.

Play all of Melbourne, Geelong, GWS, Sydney and Hawthorn twice, with the AFL website ranking it the most difficult draw of all teams. Fox Footy has it 3rd.

Genuinely pleasing that this somehow bothers you.

What a nuffy.
3 games in Geelong 2020.
Yet where did we finish? I believe we even accounted for Brisbane easily in a prelim at the Gabba.

Last edited:

Play all of Melbourne, Geelong, GWS, Sydney and Hawthorn twice, with the AFL website ranking it the most difficult draw of all teams. Fox Footy has it 3rd.

Slow down there, I think this may be a case of AFL.com.au stuffing up their one job:

Screenshot_20211209-131641~2.png

As I was horrified (and calling out bloody blue vfl-bias) when I saw this after missing the 8:

Screenshot_20211209-131647~2.png

It’s only easy if you can beat those teams, and only hard if you can’t.
I’m glad we have ‘the hardest’. To be the best you have to beat the best

So ask yourself is Melbourne, Geelong, GWS, Sydney and Hawthorn twice close to playing Port, Brisbane, Dogs, Collingwood and Dockers twice?

I think not. not even close. Melbourne and Dogs cancel out. Hawks and Collingwood cancel out. GWS and dockers cancel out. So the difference is you play Geelong and Sydney twice and we play Port and Brisbane twice. Much easier than ours.

Hardest draw is playing Carlton, George Hewett and Adam Cerra the dynamic duo.

So ask yourself is Melbourne, Geelong, GWS, Sydney and Hawthorn twice close to playing Port, Brisbane, Dogs, Collingwood and Dockers twice?

I think not. not even close. Melbourne and Dogs cancel out. Hawks and Collingwood cancel out. GWS and dockers cancel out. So the difference is you play Geelong and Sydney twice and we play Port and Brisbane twice. Much easier than ours.

Melbourne, Geelong, GWS, Sydney all very strong teams and Hawthorn finished very strong towards the end of the year.

Port, Brisbane, Doggies all very strong teams, Collingwood wooden spoon faves IMO and Dockers nowhere near top 8 IMO.

Dogs are play 4 finals teams twice and the team who finished 14th compared to Melbourne who are playing 3 finals side, the 11th side and the 17th side.

Not sure why you are complaining about it.

So GWS and the Dockers are equivalent, despite one team finishing last season 11th and the other 6th? To a lessor extent, Hawthorn finished 14th compared to Collingwood 17th but they also 'cancel out'.

You ignore the above but think the big difference is Geelong & Sydney vs Port & Brisbane? In 2021 finishing positions that's 1 PF + 1 EF vs 1 PF + 1 SF.

Do you or the AFL have a crystal ball to determine how those respective sides will rise/fall this year?

See my earlier comment about delusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back