Who is Overhated at your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm legit worried what will happen if/when Carlton and Essendon win their next.
Old age will get most of us before that happens

Said it before and I'll say it again, it makes far more sense for the mainbored to be Bay13's dumping ground not the other way around.

Ah good old Trenty, the myth of this average football player grows by the thread

Had one good year, really good year granted. Won a brownlow by default. Won 3 b&f's in pretty ordinary to crap sides

Stat padded for most of his career and even then didn't accumulate the stats that Richmond folklore would have you believe

Married a chick who likes going through footy players and thinks she is the first lady of football. Same bird also thinks the same isolation rules don't apply to her, and her daddy agrees

Played in his first grand final when he should have been suspended by any way you read the laws of the game

Then reinvented himself to like to dirty punch unsuspecting players in the gut when they aren't expecting it

Then you even get to read threads where certain Richmond supporters actually believe he is a star

I reckon Trent and his abominable wife cop their due. Got a good insight into the true character of the guy after he attempted to have a decent journo dismissed for doing his job.

Also has the personality of a lamp post.

Ah good old Trenty, the myth of this average football player grows by the thread

Had one good year, really good year granted. Won a brownlow by default. Won 3 b&f's in pretty ordinary to crap sides

Stat padded for most of his career and even then didn't accumulate the stats that Richmond folklore would have you believe

Married a chick who likes going through footy players and thinks she is the first lady of football. Same bird also thinks the same isolation rules don't apply to her, and her daddy agrees

Played in his first grand final when he should have been suspended by any way you read the laws of the game

Then reinvented himself to like to dirty punch unsuspecting players in the gut when they aren't expecting it

Then you even get to read threads where certain Richmond supporters actually believe he is a star
Good, good.

Let it all out mate, release. It makes you feel better doesn't it

Russell Westbrook is an excellent NBA player, who is ultra consistent but hated immensely. The term Overhated has been used to describe NBA fans feelings about Westbrook.

Who in the AFL do you feel is overhated from your team?

For me, in Richmond, it's Trent Cotchin.

He was an accumulator, won a brownlow, all australian, three best and fairest awards and an AFLPA player of the year by 2015.

But he was smashed by Ben Jacobs in the Elimination Final of 2015, laughed at for kicking against the wind in the 2014 Elimination Final and didn't step up in the second half in the 2013 Eliminstion Final.

By 2017, he reinvented himself, and sacrificed his own game for success, and success he got. But his attack on the ball against Dylan Shiel got him hated when well... worse happens in tennis.

Off the field, he is a consummate professional, he doesnt drink and drive like Luke Hodge, change teams for money like Gary Ablett, duck every tackle like Joel Selwood, in fact, he is a poster boy, but hated even more maybe cause there is an unrelatability there?

But the hate remained, In fact, his wife is overhated too 😬

So, who is overhated at your club ?

Oh and can we just dismiss the whole
'Another Richmond post blah blah blah", Richmond is MY teams overhated, now tell me YOUR teams overhated.

I freaked out the first time I saw Westbrook. Unbelievable someone can be so dynamic.

Imagine if he played footy

I reckon Trent and his abominable wife cop their due. Got a good insight into the true character of the guy after he attempted to have a decent journo dismissed for doing his job.

Also has the personality of a lamp post.

A scum reported killed his pet.

Cotchin told him to not feel bad and made him a cup of tea.

Incredible character.

A scum reported killed his pet.

Cotchin told him to not feel bad and made him a cup of tea.

Incredible character.
That Trent can (only) claim some sort of higher moral ground than rompingwins speaks volumes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back