Club History Why did Tim Watson end up on West Coast's list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Has had multiple digs at the club and Jobe in particular when he was at Lords. Maybe it's just because he's another bloke hired to talk s**t now but that picture seemed poignant.
Shows how little attention I pay to media hacks, I guess.

Has had multiple digs at the club and Jobe in particular when he was at Lords. Maybe it's just because he's another bloke hired to talk s**t now but that picture seemed poignant.

Or.... and hear me out here.... maybe it's because like Jobe, Burke was a bloody average footballer.....

.....but unlike Jobe, he stayed that way.

Burke was a very good player. Not a star, but very very solid for a long time. Let's not be silly.

Meh, he was a GOOD footballer.

Never even flirted with being elite.

Nathan Burke could just about be considered an elite AFL player, or at the very least, VERY GOOD. I have no doubt he will be inducted into the AFL hall of fame in the not too distant future.
  • Three-time St. Kilda Best and Fairest – 1993, 1996, 1999
    • Runner Up 2 times
    • Third 3 times
  • St Kilda AFL Cup Winning side 1996 (Co-Captain)
  • State of Origin representative for Victoria 11 times
    • Victorian State of Origin Captain and Vice Captain
  • All Australian 4 times
    • All Australian Vice Captain 1997
    St Kilda Team of the Century

And a bunch of 'Best AFL Player of the Year' awards, like the Herald Sun Player of the Year, Sunday Herald Sun Player of the Year, Channel 7 Sportsworld Player of the Year, The Age Newspaper Player of the Year, Lou Richards Medal, etc.

Also captained the Saints to a minor premiership and grand final, as well as captained the Saints to the pre-season premiership (back when it meant something) and sits in the top 20 disposals of all-time.

And keep in mind he did all this while in a team with the likes of Trevor Barker, Tony Lockett, Nicky Winmar, Stewart Loewe, Spider Everitt, Robert Harvey, Lenny Hayes and Nick Riewoldt.

I can only presume you used 'Nathan Burke' as your search parameter there, stew, because apart from one brief mention I can't see how this thread relates to Nathan Burke (who was a very good footballer, yep).

I can only presume you used 'Nathan Burke' as your search parameter there, stew, because apart from one brief mention I can't see how this thread relates to Nathan Burke (who was a very good footballer, yep).

Not as good as Timmy Watson though amirite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Burke could just about be considered an elite AFL player, or at the very least, VERY GOOD. I have no doubt he will be inducted into the AFL hall of fame in the not too distant future.
    • Runner Up 2 times
    • Third 3 times
  • All Australian 4 times

And a bunch of 'Best AFL Player of the Year' awards, like the Herald Sun Player of the Year, Sunday Herald Sun Player of the Year, Channel 7 Sportsworld Player of the Year, The Age Newspaper Player of the Year, Lou Richards Medal, etc.

Also captained the Saints to a minor premiership and grand final, as well as captained the Saints to the pre-season premiership (back when it meant something) and sits in the top 20 disposals of all-time.

And keep in mind he did all this while in a team with the likes of Trevor Barker, Tony Lockett, Nicky Winmar, Stewart Loewe, Spider Everitt, Robert Harvey, Lenny Hayes and Nick Riewoldt.
What a bump

bmup.jpg

Are you all aware that the year after tim watson retired....tim did a lap of honour and due to the fact west coast drafted him in the hope of changing his mind.....tim had to wear west coast socks on his lap of honour....i has at the game when he did it round 1 the following year at vfl park

Tim said that after being drafted by West Coast the only contact he had at all was receiving some West Coast training gear in the mail. No meetings, no calls, no nothing.. Just a track suit that he reckons he still has somewhere.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

• Runner Up 2 times
    • Third 3 times
  • All Australian 4 times

st kilda board flog

IMG_1217.JPG Had this on my bedroom wall from 94 through to when I moved out in 05! Worst day of my life was leaving the great man behind! Mrs said something about not fitting our new decor or something pffft! To go back in time it should have been the first thing packed. Growing up as a kid in the 80's there was only three things you loved as a bomber. Your Mum your Dad and Timmy Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back