Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

Easy question. Would you be ok with Australian being 40% Muslim?

Sure why not.

If we are as economically affluent as we are today, we won’t get this extremism you are seemingly worried about.

That’s the common denominator, poorer/less democratic countries tend to have more fundamentalists.

Lots of those countries in the Middle East have been raped and pillaged by the west over the last century; hence the extremism in a lot of cases.

Give people comfortable living conditions they are pretty normal.

Sure why not.

If we are as economically affluent as we are today, we won’t get this extremism you are seemingly worried about.

That’s the common denominator, poorer/less democratic countries tend to have more fundamentalists.

Lots of those countries in the Middle East have been raped and pillaged by the west over the last century; hence the extremism in a lot of cases.

Give people comfortable living conditions they are pretty normal.
Fantastic if that is the way you feel. I wouldn’t be 👌

Ffs.

As I said, the more affluent the society when people’s basic needs are being met, the less religious fundies you have (as a general rule).

I don’t believe if we suddenly became a majority Islam nation (we won’t anyway, more likely to become more agnostic/atheist) that we’d be stoning gay people suddenly.

Fantastic deflection.

It’s rising every year, so when does it stop? Can it reach 51% why not?

If it got to that and you just saw them going to the footy and stuff like everyone else does now, going out to the beach, restaurants, pubs etc and maybe just a few more places of worship here and there, would there be any adverse effect on you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ffs.

As I said, the more affluent the society when people’s basic needs are being met, the less religious fundies you have (as a general rule).

I don’t believe if we suddenly became a majority Islam nation (we won’t anyway, more likely to become more agnostic/atheist) that we’d be stoning gay people suddenly.
I'll pull out of this discussion because you and others are just going to strawman me.

But what do you think would happen? Melbourne suddenly becomes Tehran overnight?
I can't remember the name of it. But there's an older Islamophobic conspiracy theory about how once the percentage of a population reaches a certain level of Muslims, they will be 'activated'.

And somehow all of the existing laws, constitutions etc will stop existing, and be replaced by Sharia.

Ten years ago the comparison to Islamic countries might have held a bit more water but post Trump that's significantly diminished when you see the pushback against LGBTQIA+ civil rights, all in the name of protecting the children of course, in our supposedly civilised countries.

Fantastic deflection.

It’s rising every year, so when does it stop? Can it reach 51% why not?
Are you comfortable with 97 per cent of the country being immigrants? The original inhabitants aren't.

Do you think they should be capped?

How many white people is too much?

Should white people not be allowed to have children?

But what do you think would happen? Melbourne suddenly becomes Tehran overnight?

This was a previous account with the same position as 10571z.

Everything you've provided as evidence has come from the one website. Billionsbible.org.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/billionbibles-bias-credibility-christian-propaganda-fake-news/

Overall, we rate BillionBibles.org Questionable based on promotion of Christian propaganda, conspiracy theories, false information and a complete lack of transparency. Although no one else has labeled this website a hate group, we will. This is an anti-Islam hate group. (D. Van Zandt 6/22/2019)​

Ffs.

I think he's more saying that he has no problem with anyone individuals religion as long as it cannot influence or impact society at large.
Like a lobbyist group that can impact federal policy.
And the negative impacts that fundamentalist religion running countries has on the population.

Non-Muslims aren't a defined religious group. I'm an atheist - a group of people with no religious ideology; I do not want my life to be infected by other peoples imaginary friends, whether they be Christian, Muslim or other.

And the religious people don't want your group of atheists and agnostics telling them what to do either.

It's hypocrisy wanting to place legal restrictions on Muslims (banning Muslim immigration, stopping Mosque construction etc) on the grounds that if they get in the majority, they'd seek to place legal restrictions on you.

Either people are free to do what they want to do and believe what they want to believe (without restriction) or they're not.

Choose a lane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back