Game Day Why is no AFL game on free to air tv today

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the AFL signed a terrible rights deal where we don't get to see a top 4 contest but we do get to see a bunch of crappy floggings. Worse for those of us out in the provinces, here in Adelaide we are forced to what whatever crap Adelaide and Port dish up each week with only two other games shown on FTA (often a Friday night Carlton flogging plus one).

Now, for a bunch of people to tell us to give Rupert Murdoch our money and stop whinging. I'll consider pay TV when the old bastard's dead and I can pay for AFL and nothing but AFL.

Bye weekend.
7 games instead of 9.
Thursday, Fri, and Saturday night games were all forecast.
So 3 instead of 4 will be forecast.
Foxtel as part of their deal get a certain amount of exclusive games.

Port vs Sturt on TV in SA today.
If this is the way of the future then the SANFL is going to get a huge boost.

May swap over to Foxtel for Geelong Richmond score updates every now and then and catch the end if its close.

Because the AFL signed a terrible rights deal where we don't get to see a top 4 contest but we do get to see a bunch of crappy floggings. Worse for those of us out in the provinces, here in Adelaide we are forced to what whatever crap Adelaide and Port dish up each week with only two other games shown on FTA (often a Friday night Carlton flogging plus one).

Now, for a bunch of people to tell us to give Rupert Murdoch our money and stop whinging. I'll consider pay TV when the old bastard's dead and I can pay for AFL and nothing but AFL.

FTA cannot pay more money, IF the game wanted the money* & it does, PAY wins the day as it has today.

* remember the last TV deal, the AFL spent the money before it received it so ran at a loss.

If the AFL is worried about the game going backwards in terms of eyeballs, they need look no further - siphoning off more games behind paywalls has never worked in terms of increasing viewership.

It works in terms of $s.
You could spend more of your hard earned with the sponsors of FTA broadcasts, its up to you !!

If the AFL is worried about the game going backwards in terms of eyeballs, they need look no further - siphoning off more games behind paywalls has never worked in terms of increasing viewership.

Seems to work fine in most other countries...

I don't think Australians realise how privileged we have been to get so much sport on FTA TV. Doesn't happen anywhere near as much anywhere else on the planet.

I'm guessing Collingwood-Carlton on Sunday will be Fox only too, pretty disappointing IMO, the fans made the game what it is, without us the game is nothing.

Gill said "The big winners of the new broadcast deal are the fans", really Gill, how the * did you work thst out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back