Wii Thursday approaches!

Remove this Banner Ad

I pre-ordered from EB. I tried get leave for december seven and had a chat to the boss and I was stupid enough to tell him "I'm taking the day off work because I'm getting the wii and my mates are coming over and well you get the drift"
but he just told me "why don't you just collect the wii from EB in your break period?". so it looks like Friday is the day I gather the mates around for some wii fun

OMFG I'm 12 years old and i can't fricken wait for teh wii. I pre-ordered ages ago and it's as close as tomorrow. Im gonna cruise down to Myer today to map out my path to the gaming section. On the day, i'm going to SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT. I'm getting red steel and Zelda (btw Zelda = best game ever to be).

OMFG I'm 12 years old and i can't fricken wait for teh wii. I pre-ordered ages ago and it's as close as tomorrow. Im gonna cruise down to Myer today to map out my path to the gaming section. On the day, i'm going to SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT. I'm getting red steel and Zelda (btw Zelda = best game ever to be).
i think i must be the only person who never got into zelda, just never captured me.

i think i must be the only person who never got into zelda, just never captured me.

I'm with you Dan, never got into Zelda :eek:

And that is one of the reasons I'll be getting a 360 this xmas as opposed to the Wii. The Wii sounds like a good concept and very fun to play however wont have many games that I want to play desperately.

The 360 on the other hand has GoW, Oblivion, Rainbow 6, etc which interest me alot more than the Zelda, Mario, Rayman type of games.

I won't say never, as i have tried to get into it in the past... but i just don't have the patience to play through the games. I've even tried playing them recently with the aid of an emulator, just can't be stuffed going through them. I've read how long the Wii Zelda game may take people to complete and i'm shocked.

I'd love a game such as GTA to have 70+ hours of playing time just to get through it. I know you could play it for 70+ hours regardless just doing random things (and or the side missions, collecting things, unique jumps etc). I just mean i'd love the story and the missions associated with the story to last for a longer period of time.

I won't say never, as i have tried to get into it in the past... but i just don't have the patience to play through the games. I've even tried playing them recently with the aid of an emulator, just can't be stuffed going through them. I've read how long the Wii Zelda game may take people to complete and i'm shocked.

I'd love a game such as GTA to have 70+ hours of playing time just to get through it. I know you could play it for 70+ hours regardless just doing random things (and or the side missions, collecting things, unique jumps etc). I just mean i'd love the story and the missions associated with the story to last for a longer period of time.
gta, cant wait till number 4, that has been the only down side to me wanting a wii. im still considering getting a exbox or ps3 just for gta4, if i get the wii then i will miss out on the greatness of that game. so would you want the missions to go for as long as say the last mission on san andreas, still havnt done that one yet.

I'm with you Dan, never got into Zelda :eek:

And that is one of the reasons I'll be getting a 360 this xmas as opposed to the Wii. The Wii sounds like a good concept and very fun to play however wont have many games that I want to play desperately.

The 360 on the other hand has GoW, Oblivion, Rainbow 6, etc which interest me alot more than the Zelda, Mario, Rayman type of games.

Yeah I went with the 360 over the Wii. Other than Zelda and perhaps Mario there isn't really anything I want to play. 360 on the other hand interests me more. Definitely doesn't mean to say there isn't going to be a massive market out there for Wii. Very affordable price

I pre-ordered from EB. I tried get leave for december seven and had a chat to the boss and I was stupid enough to tell him "I'm taking the day off work because I'm getting the wii and my mates are coming over and well you get the drift"
but he just told me "why don't you just collect the wii from EB in your break period?". so it looks like Friday is the day I gather the mates around for some wii fun
you know the real reason why your boss wouldnt give u the day off, u didnt invite him over for some wii fun.

is it to late to pre order the wii from jb or eb?

unfortunately yes. I checked the Nintendo website and i quote
www.nintendo.com.au said:
To guarantee your purchase of a Wii unit it is recomended that you pre-order at your favourite retailer before launch, as it is expected stock will sell out fast, with pre-orders already running out

I had pre-ordered my Nintendo Wii a long time ago at EB but I had just finished paying it off today.
I ended up getting the 2 wii remotes and nunchucks, Zelda, super monkey balls, and the play bundle (which is where I got one of the wii remotes from)
Can’t wait for the release tonight, I have never bought another system on release day so I am pumped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a mate of mine picked one up at the midnight release at EB.

It's not bad, abit of fun, abit of a novelty with the motion sensor thingy. Games dont blow you away like xbox 360 with HDTV does (although i couldnt be stuffed hanging around to see zelda, just mucked around with the sport ones).

Seems abit of fun but i dont know how long it'll take for the novelty to wear off, and i dont know how good the graphics are going to be on the other games (sport game graphics are pretty ordinary)

I disagree. You need abit of balance IMO. Both are important features... unless we're talking those pissy arcade games that you play for 5 minutes and get bored of...

I disagree. You need abit of balance IMO. Both are important features... unless we're talking those pissy arcade games that you play for 5 minutes and get bored of...

Wii has enough power to do some pleasing graphics. Its not going to be Xbox 360 standard but look how incredible Resident Evil 4 looked on Gamecube. Wii is substantially more powerful than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back