Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doubt it

• No

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a chance.

In 99 we had the best forward pack in the world lead by Eales, Kearns, Wilson, and Kefu. We also had clever playmakers at the peak of their powers and injury-free (Gregan and Larkham). We had a couple of game-breaking centres (Horan and Herbert). And plenty of depth in the squad. We also had the best coach in the game. We also had a bit of luck playing the frogs in the final.

In 03 we had the advantage of playing at home. We had a very mobile and hard-working group of backrowers (unfortunately Kefu was injured), and our back 3 were outstanding. We were only 30 secs away, IMO, from winning a second cup in a row.

In 07 we have very limited depth. We don't know who should play halfback, Larkham is injury-plagued, Latham may not even get there, we have had around 15 different centre pairings in the past year, and our scrum is one of the worst in world rugby.

I can think of 2 reasons why we (amongst A LOT of other nations) don't stand a chance.

1. Dan Carter
2. Richie McCaw

Only France and Ireland can challenge NZ this World Cuo imo and they'd have to play out of their skins.

I'd probably agree with that, but then again I wouldn't be suprised if one of those sides failed to make the quarters, as they're both in the same group with Argentina, who are a bogey team for the French in particular and can beat almost anyone on their day.

Seriously though, I don't think it's impossible for Australia to win. Put them in a group with South Africa, Wales and maybe England if they can improve a little bit, as outside chances.

Highly Unlikeley!

Only France and Ireland can challenge NZ this World Cuo imo and they'd have to play out of their skins.

agreed, Aussies have buggar all chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will not win, but I think we will do a lot better than most are expecting. I think we will make the Semi's.

Not based on performances over the last 18 months... quarters at best.

Most teams smash our forwards at rucks, scrums and lineouts.

Add to this that our star fullback will most likely be missing, but if Latham does manage to make it back he would have to be underdone.

Not even an outside chance... England have more chance of winning the cricket world cup.

How can they have 'more' chance of winning the cricket WC? Who said they have any chance whatsoever :cool:

Unfortunately it looks as though we are stuffed for the RWC now all we can pray for is another monumental Kiwi choke. I'm jumping on the France bandwagon as of now;)

Not based on performances over the last 18 months... quarters at best.

Most teams smash our forwards at rucks, scrums and lineouts.

Add to this that our star fullback will most likely be missing, but if Latham does manage to make it back he would have to be underdone.
Nup. We will make the semis.

Gregan at halfback- no chance
Giteau at halfback- a better chance.

We have the players but don't have the confidence. It worsens when you have a fly half that cannot kick in general play (Larkham) and a halfback that passes ridiculously slow (Gregan). Time to take a few risks. Gregan to 9, Hewat/Schifoske on the wing. Face it guys we need a damn good goalkicker!

Back