Test Rugby 2023 Rugby Union World Cup - France - 8th September to 28th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got to hope they haven't played their final. Argentina should be more comfortable, but I have no faith in Foster.

I got a bit more faith out of today. Defensively they were very good. Those last few minutes were some of their best.

I imagine the most likely final now is France or South Africa vs New Zealand. I'd be curious to know who the All Blacks would prefer.

Never been much of a Sam Cane fan, but he was immense vs Ireland.

Beautifully ironic to do it against that nippy campaigner O'Mahony who sledged him for not being as good as Richie McCaw. Richie would have been proud of that performance.

Ah England. We led by a two-try margin, and then gave it up within minutes. Have to give credit to Fiji though.

Eddie Jones was an absolute disaster during his first stint as Aussie coach. I was bewildered when he was appointed for a second run at it after being sacked by the Poms. And now this. Time to sack him.

And please, do not bring back Chieka.

Might have something to do with Aussies being harder to coach. But pound for pound we have the cattle. Just haven't been able to get it together for years, now.

Eddie Jones was an absolute disaster during his first stint as Aussie coach. I was bewildered when he was appointed for a second run at it after being sacked by the Poms. And now this. Time to sack him.

And please, do not bring back Chieka.

Might have something to do with Aussies being harder to coach. But pound for pound we have the cattle. Just haven't been able to get it together for years, now.

As a casual fan, I’m not sure if I’m off base, but seems like there is a lack of specific Wallabies style.

The ABs have incredible depth, and play their style of aggressive, flowing rugby. France have emulated that in the northern hemisphere, and many other NH teams (England, Ireland) play a great field kicking game, banking penalty points when available and play tight defence.

South Africa have now reborn with their bruising style that was lost a few years ago.

What is our style? Which players fit this?

Incredible
Both matches would have been worthy finals.
Think this weekend will be a let down.
my only hope for a decent match this week is if NZ put all their planning into last week and take it too easy this week.
Argentina have jagged a couple of wins in last few years against NZ so will be motivated, and they do have a combative forward pack to take it up to the ABs in set piece and breakdown, but I think they dont have the structure in attack or discipline to win if ABs are on.

my only hope for a decent match this week is if NZ put all their planning into last week and take it too easy this week.
Argentina have jagged a couple of wins in last few years against NZ so will be motivated, and they do have a combative forward pack to take it up to the ABs in set piece and breakdown, but I think they dont have the structure in attack or discipline to win if ABs are on.

Agreed. And I can't see that happening in a Semi. Maybe in Rugby Championship or a friendly, not in a semi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy win for the AB's in the end. No injuries or suspensions. Mounga's goal kicking a bit of a concern, maybe Jordie gets a go next week.

Hopefully the Yarpies and Poms bash each other to bits tomorrow and whoever wins has 4 players suspended 😁

Agreed. And I can't see that happening in a Semi. Maybe in Rugby Championship or a friendly, not in a semi.
we really got england wrong there haha
But whilst it was close I dont think I will be watching that game again. Its kind of the equivalent of when average footy teams go really negative with flooding and slow ball movement and bring a better team down to their level.
Lots of negative play and strategy from both teams with time wasting, scuffles, backchat, slowing down the ruck, ball rarely getting past the 10 etc.
O'keefe didnt have control on the game at all.

we really got england wrong there haha
But whilst it was close I dont think I will be watching that game again. Its kind of the equivalent of when average footy teams go really negative with flooding and slow ball movement and bring a better team down to their level.
Lots of negative play and strategy from both teams with time wasting, scuffles, backchat, slowing down the ruck, ball rarely getting past the 10 etc.
O'keefe didnt have control on the game at all.

Indeed - South Africa gave England their chances with the fumbling errors, but didn't happen!

England weren't great, but really SA were poor, having looked so impressive in all departments in their last game. They must know they'll need a lot better performance than that to beat the ABs.

England weren't great, but really SA were poor, having looked so impressive in all departments in their last game. They must know they'll need a lot better performance than that to beat the ABs.
Think the ABs are peaking at the right time after a slow start. Should win unless Boks bash them into submission.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back