Will the vaccine passport actually be used

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2021
Lockdown 6.0 and not coming out anytime soon
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Maroons, Eels
Being not eligible yet i was wondering if they bought in the vaccine passport I would not be able to go anywhere and have to be in lockdown due to not having one because im not eligible, but it sounds like Sco Mo to just leave it to the states then Dan Andrews wont bring it in because unvaccinated people spread coronavirus and if thats happening he will put us in yet another lockdown

Vaccine passports will not be a thing until everyone eligible for the vaccine has had the chance to get one. So you're looking at November/December this year at the earliest.

Vaccine passports will not be a thing until everyone eligible for the vaccine has had the chance to get one. So you're looking at November/December this year at the earliest.

Will be Jan 1 for mine. We are always stupidly conservative with these things. It is a good thing too. Give everyone plenty of opportunity.

There is an opt out form on a gov website for anyone that is interested. Don't be fooled, they won't be able to force this onto anyone.

A bit sooner in NSW and Victoria. The system is in trial mode already and the first glimpse pf the technology was done today,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will be Jan 1 for mine. We are always stupidly conservative with these things. It is a good thing too. Give everyone plenty of opportunity.

France went for it when they only had 55% fully vaccinated. When France did it, heaps of protests then they went and got vaxed so as they could go to a cafe, shops etc. So no the fully vaccinated have had enough protecting those who won’t protect themselves and want to get on with life. There’s over two million of us in Victoria as at today and we’re not waiting till January 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is an opt out form on a gov website for anyone that is interested. Don't be fooled, they won't be able to force this onto anyone.
Can I opt out to having my tax dollars spent on people refusing medical treatment and then getting worse as a result and taking up an icu bed?

France went for it when they only had 55% fully vaccinated. When France did it, heaps of protests then they went and got vaxed so as they could go to a cafe, shops etc. So no the fully vaccinated have had enough protecting those who won’t protect themselves and want to get on with life. There’s over two million of us in Victoria as at today and we’re not waiting till January 1.

I agree with you mate. Honestly I don’t see what the big deal is. We are going towards a new COVID- new. This may mean vaccine passports for venues, etc. That is 100% fine.

I agree with you mate. Honestly I don’t see what the big deal is. We are going towards a new COVID- new. This may mean vaccine passports for venues, etc. That is 100% fine.
The only issue is that young people are only now being offered the vaccine, and with waiting times on booking measured in weeks and months, theres no reason to think that everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be by jan 1. you cant implement a vaccine passport without offering people the chance to get the virus, that would be a classic boomer move. im all for a vaccine passport, but it needs to be implemented to give people a fair chance.

The only issue is that young people are only now being offered the vaccine, and with waiting times on booking measured in weeks and months, theres no reason to think that everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be by jan 1. you cant implement a vaccine passport without offering people the chance to get the virus, that would be a classic boomer move. im all for a vaccine passport, but it needs to be implemented to give people a fair chance.

Then give us a realistic date and don’t say “sometime next year”. NSW definitely won’t be January and frankly I’m not going to care.

Then give us a realistic date and don’t say “sometime next year”. NSW definitely won’t be January and frankly I’m not going to care.
The states (particularly outside of nsw) can't set a date because they have NFI when the feds will actually provide them enough vaccines to vaccinate everyone. given the feds have completely dropped the ball and missed every target by months, we likely wont know until it actually happens. thats why i dont think it will be until sometime mid next year.

The states (particularly outside of nsw) can't set a date because they have NFI when the feds will actually provide them enough vaccines to vaccinate everyone. given the feds have completely dropped the ball and missed every target by months, we likely wont know until it actually happens. thats why i dont think it will be until sometime mid next year.

You are on your own then. NSW won’t be waiting.

Compulsory COVID-19 vaccinations at work could face legal challenges, lawyers warn - ABC News

Court to hear mandatory vaccine challenge (msn.com)

Fijians out of work back High Court challenge to 'no jab, no job' - Pacific Beat - ABC Radio Australia

Fiji mandated back in July that anyone in the public or private sector must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or be fired, as the country struggles to contain the virus. A small number have lost their jobs, including Alena Lawena, a physiotherapist who worked at Fiji's Ministry of Health for more than two decades until she was fired last month.

"It has affected me in every way I can say: emotionally, even physically,” said the widower who has five dependent children.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back