Will there be any clubs joing the KD in 09? any leaving?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

redleg#1

Debutant
Jul 8, 2007
shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree iwannaflog Dookie will not be in the KDFL lets not talk about it, however what does everyone think of Longwood joining, personally i think it would be a joke, stanhope may kick a record VCFL score, bring back sutton from MFL to break his own, and what do the remainding BDFL do, and how do you hang on to your thirds with a possibilty of Rnd 1 vs ardmona (bye), Rnd 2 vs Merrigum (bye), Rnd 3 vs Londwood (bye) then an easter break, then Interleague, one game in 6 weeks, redlegs......go away.

what is that ment to mean?>

nicnat

Rookie
Feb 28, 2006
North East
AFL Club
Collingwood
It means forget the KDFL ambition and try and help the BDFL be a league that that in years to come may have the possibilty to grow, Longwood would be way out of there depth and like the '70's fold again, be realistic.

Swan15

Rookie
Mar 31, 2008
Other Teams
Avenel FC

It means forget the KDFL ambition and try and help the BDFL be a league that that in years to come may have the possibilty to grow, Longwood would be way out of there depth and like the '70's fold again, be realistic.
I'm pretty sure redleg#1 is from Tally, and he thought you were talking about his club; not Longwood who are also the Redlegs...

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
Tungamah, want a bigger challenge?

Does that mean Tungamah join the KDFL for a bigger challenge? :confused:

The pecking order at the moment goes something like this:

GVFL

MFL

PDFL SE
KDFL & PDFL NW
BDFL

The gaps are intentional!

The PDFL split has made a super-impressive group (SE) that would leave most other minor leagues for dead, in terms of Senior/Reserves footy.

BODZY#32

Team Captain
May 24, 2006
Deep in Defence
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Micky Martin
Does that mean Tungamah join the KDFL for a bigger challenge? :confused:

The pecking order at the moment goes something like this:

GVFL

MFL

PDFL SE
KDFL & PDFL NW
BDFL

The gaps are intentional!

The PDFL split has made a super-impressive group (SE) that would leave most other minor leagues for dead, in terms of Senior/Reserves footy.

I'd 2nd that.... Pretty certain Tungamah would have no troubles cleaning up in KDFL... The list of players they've had the last 2 years is of high calibre for minor league standard

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
I'd 2nd that.... Pretty certain Tungamah would have no troubles cleaning up in KDFL... The list of players they've had the last 2 years is of high calibre for minor league standard

Yeh, shepp east had blokes of the calibre of Jarrod Mason, Adam Molisak, Haydn Best and Jason Trianidis and I'm pretty sure they only finished 3rd or 4th (?). But I reckon it's always hard to definitively say one league is stronger than the other, also because from year-to-year the standard can change.

But getting back to the point of the thread, from what I've heard, Longwood have, or are going to, apply to join the KDL.

Also, for what's it worth, Rushworth have no intention of re-joining the HDL and would be committing football suicide if they did. They had a reasonably good year this year and like most clubs, are out recruiting hard for next year already.

Blackout

All Australian
Apr 1, 2009
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeh, shepp east had blokes of the calibre of Jarrod Mason, Adam Molisak, Haydn Best and Jason Trianidis and I'm pretty sure they only finished 3rd or 4th (?). But I reckon it's always hard to definitively say one league is stronger than the other, also because from year-to-year the standard can change.

But getting back to the point of the thread, from what I've heard, Longwood have, or are going to, apply to join the KDL.

Also, for what's it worth, Rushworth have no intention of re-joining the HDL and would be committing football suicide if they did. They had a reasonably good year this year and like most clubs, are out recruiting hard for next year already.
But who else did they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back