Wimmera Football League Under 17's 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Animal

Senior List
Apr 7, 2007
Wheatsheaf Hotel,Netherby
AFL Club
Carlton
I posted this thread especially for the Wimmera League under 17's.
Hopefully people use this as a place to talk about the under 17's players,score and whatever else instead of the other Wimmera League thread.

Re: Wimmera Football League Under 17's Part 2

Demons
Saints
Ararat
Stawell
Nhill
------
Warracknabeal
Diggers
Dimboola
Minyip-Murtoa
sounds good

Stawell have a few handy players coming into their side back from injury and from other clubs.
Hope bachy can get the boys to the big one this year

Ok so apart from Horsham who does everyone think could contend for the flag this year......
After a disappointing last year I think the young warriors should make finals as they have all ready gained a few players from Great Western and else where and gain some very handy U/14 players up in the likes of Dave Morris and Ash Cowen who both proved themselves last year in the under 17's......
Andrew Bach is once again coach with help from Murray Hart and senior player Nic Thomas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so apart from Horsham who does everyone think could contend for the flag this year......
After a disappointing last year I think the young warriors should make finals as they have all ready gained a few players from Great Western and else where and gain some very handy U/14 players up in the likes of Dave Morris and Ash Cowen who both proved themselves last year in the under 17's......
Andrew Bach is once again coach with help from Murray Hart and senior player Nic Thomas
official beer wench thommo?

ScottyD3.jpg

sorry scotty-couldnt help myself

So who can we expect a big season from next year?

Blokes who perhaps did well last year and are now into their last or second last years in the 17s??

hopefully Jae McGrath will shine in his last year with united and 17s. Expect him to be captain alongside Brodie Mines and a few others...

You can expect a big season from Stawell. Underacheived this year and had enough guns to be a top 3 side but they were unable to connect on the field. The 14's were the top side this year so a few handy rookies are heading their way up into the 17's this year.

Expect Minyip-Murtoa to fall through yet again, don't have enough cattle in the juniors and they might make bottom 3. But with all these new recruits, we might see the likes of Liam Newell and others of his calibre returning to the 17s.

Horsham will have a strong side as their core age was 16 this year. These boys will have a premiership underneath them and should finish top 2. Hate to say it, but they will win the flag.

Nhill might sneak into the top 5 if they play like how they were this year. Will be missing a few players but Marty Dufty should still be playing if i am correct. They will still be hard to beat so keep an eye out on them.

Ararat will be top contenders this year. Expect top 3 also. Shouldn't fall into the bottom end of the table for years to come. Too much class coming out of the Rat town.

Diggers will be struggling with numbers after half the team advances into senior football. Good to see a few boys have stuck it out and are going to stay while there will only be a few boys from 14s coming up. Jae McGrath to captain. Just missing out on the finals.

Warracknabeal will finish 5th this year. Get a few, drop a few, not much happening in tinsle town.

Saints will do pretty well this year only if they keep their juniors in the junior ranks and not seniors. Some nice players developing in their stocks and might make it to the granny. Top 4 i would say.

Dimboola will be wooden spooners, only kid that has an arguement against that would be star Ruckman Jayden Lehmann. But the rest of the Joeys will fail sadly. Expect the Roos to only win 1 game if anything.

thanks d

Remove this Banner Ad

Back