Prediction Witherden: Big Footy Player of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Zorko's on 40, Witherden's on 15. While he can technically make up 30 points in the remaining six games, I think he's left his run too late as that requires Zorko to poll less than five votes across all the games while Witherden is best on field in all of them.

I reckon young Witherden just might snatch the Big Footy Player of the Year. He has stormed into double figures.

Where will he finish and how many votes will he get?

Seems to be favorably judged by bigfooty posters.

Zorko's on 40, Witherden's on 15. While he can technically make up 30 points in the remaining six games, I think he's left his run too late as that requires Zorko to poll less than five votes across all the games while Witherden is best on field in all of them.

Let's prove this guy wrong everyone!!! Huzzah.

But this is the thread about him being judged our best player of the year, not what does he need to improve.

I was responding to your comment, not the OP?

Anyway, Witherden has been outstanding for an 18 year old. Is he our best player this year? No chance.

I was responding to your comment, not the OP?

Anyway, Witherden has been outstanding for an 18 year old. Is he our best player this year? No chance.

So him having a few weaker areas has effected his output this year. Not sure he's a gun. Yet. Very soon hopefully.

I still think Berry on the full years work.

Nice problem to have, which of our gun first year players has had the best year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really good user of the footy. Most other areas need a fair bit of improvement.
Remember it's his first season of footy. Of course he has rfi's, that is obvious. He is an exceptional talent and his composure with the footy for a young kid is leagues better then some senior league players. I think that is why everyone likes him so much.

But this is the thread about him being judged our best player of the year, not what does he need to improve.
So on that line of thinking whoever is a judge bigfooty player of the year has nothing to improve on and should by your calculations be the best AFL player to walk the face of the earth? :rolleyes:

Every player has RFI's. No matter what age

I think long term Berry will be the pick of the bunch in terms of importance. That's not taking away from the other draftees it's just that I think Berry will be one of our most important players. He's the big, athletic contest winning midfielder that oozes leadership we have been screaming out for for almost a decade. I see him very much in the Voss mould.

Witherden looks very promising and would love to see what he could do with another pre-season under his belt. I'm interested in his midfield capabilities.

I think long term Berry will be the pick of the bunch in terms of importance. That's not taking away from the other draftees it's just that I think Berry will be one of our most important players. He's the big, athletic contest winning midfielder that oozes leadership we have been screaming out for for almost a decade. I see him very much in the Voss mould.

Witherden looks very promising and would love to see what he could do with another pre-season under his belt. I'm interested in his midfield capabilities.
Do you know how Voss was at the start of his career? Is he similar to Berry where it would be a few years but still showing something or did he just come out firing and a force

Do you know how Voss was at the start of his career? Is he similar to Berry where it would be a few years but still showing something or did he just come out firing and a force
No idea how Voss was like when he started out unfortunately. I was too young. Only going from Bears replays etc. but Voss really was the complete package before he done his leg. I think they will be similar in that Berry will be the bloke crashing packs, putting his body on the line, willing his team mates contest after contest. Week after week just like the great man Voss. I know there is talk about Andrews being the next captain but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Berry get the nod.

Dear Moderator,

I assume you realise I am somewhat 'tongue in check'.

Could I change the post to say he will have the best votes per game by a mile?

I think this thread has already caused a deeper analysis of this 'wunderchild' (there is a German word that I want). Just how good will he be.

I hope that our number one pick for next year is our next captain!!!!! Just think what that might mean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back