BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
48 years ago. :$

Older than many of the people at the club.
Yep, holding onto to anger is a waste.
For all the angst, Balme and Clarko were there to be squared up with at the time and AFAIK both played out the game.
To knock back a great operator in Balme, on the back of an incident that occurred well before most of us were born is absurd.

El Topo

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton
My biggest question over hiring Worsfold is how does this work with the soft cap?

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the 30%ish reduction in soft cap in football operations was carried through until 2022.

Apparently we, along with a lot of other clubs, had to let good people go to stay under the cap, so are we breaking the soft cap meaning Worsfold will become a proportionately more expensive hiring due to AFL tax? And if we are breaking it for Worsfold, why him and not some of the people we had to cut loose?

Or are we under the cap in which case, WTF? It was something like a $3million reduction and I would expect we were already spending every cent of the remaining cap.
My guess is that we're operating under the cap, the $$$ to pay off historical debt in the middle of a revenue crisis had to have come from somewhere

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad